|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Can bioshift shift counters to a creature while it is on the stack?
- Do creatures that ETB with +1/+1 counters count as having increased power and toughness for the use of Evolve?
- How evolve works with massive blink?
- How exactly does evolve work?
- What happens when a creature with evolve enters the battlefield at the same time as another creature?
Creature — Bird Mutant
FlyingEvolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cloudfin Raptor Discussion
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
I love me some sweet Simic flavoured decks!
A few suggestions though:
Bramblewood Paragon seems a bit off to me in this kind of deck. His first ability does stone nothing in here and giving Trample to your creatures might not be as relevant if you get better evasive creatures to stockpile your +1/+1 on, like e.g. Skyrider Elf or Cloudfin Raptor which both fly.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is too spicy i believe...i cannot imagine that he is that good for the deck, not even to search out specific cards. I wont tell you to straight cut it though.I know we all love our pet cards with a passion. Primal Command would use only and be easier on your mana production, while also giving you options other than to tutor, if your in need of something else. If you've got the budget for it, you can of course upgrade to Summoner's Pact, Chord of Calling, Collected Company or play a Woodland Bellower to go bigger (evolve).
Lastly, i think i have to mention the Sultai Counters build (i know it most likely isn't what you want to do, but it is great at what it does).Just the addition of some producing lands can open you up to Winding Constrictor and Corpsejack Menace which are insane with the Graft and Evolve mechanics!
2 months ago
One card: Cloudfin Raptor
Beyond that, Forgotten Ancient isn't modern legal, so this is definitely a casual deck.
4 months ago
I like your deck and also I have a quite similar Evolve deck.
Some changes that I would made:
- Remove Unsummon to add Simic Charm, since it is more versitile.
- Cytoshape is good, but I don't think that it works well with evolve. I would put another Master Biomancer, Fathom Mage or some high power or thoughness 2 drops to help your creatures evolve.
- Add another Cloudfin Raptor. 4 are essencial.
- I would remove a couple of Simic Manipulator. They are good, but I think that 4 of them is to much.
- With Give / Take I would definitely play Fathom Mage, since it can draw you at least 6 cards if you play the Fuse cost.
- Zameck Guildmage is a good "+1/+1 counter manager". You should add him.
- Cytoplast Root-Kin + Renegade Krasis combo well togheter if you evolve the Krasis with the Root-kin.
I leave the link to my deck here if you want some ideas or other suggestions of cards to try in your deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-10-14-simic-evolve/
Have a nice time evolving your little mutants! ;)
4 months ago
I'd probably go for a lower manacurve, as this is a somewhat too slow for modern... 4 Cloudfin Raptor and 4 Experiment One. In turn, I'd drop most of the Simic Manipulators, as they are 0/1 creatures, with a rather conditional tap-ability.
Cytoshape sounds like a bit too circumstantial, as does the plan of recasting anything unsummoned. But Ghostly Flicker could probably accomplish pretty much the same, without letting your opponent get to play counterspells or discard along the way. Isn't there some fight-card, that puts a +1/+1 counter on your creature pre-fight?
5 months ago
Cafelattis thanks for the suggestions. I like Faerie Miscreant. I think I'd like to try that over Cloudfin Raptor and see which is better. I'll have to give Favorable Winds a try too, eventually. You think 2 copies would be a good starting point?
5 months ago
I see that sly combo with sage + hardened scales + Hunger. Ha that's pretty clever, I was wondering why you put that in there. I'll assume you didn't want to use Increasing Savagery. You probably want 4x llanowar reborns if you're running 4x mistcutters. In the future I'd recommend Cloudfin Raptor over jhessian, but the mana base right now makes jhessian perform more consistently. Cool deck though, thanks for sharing your ideas!