|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Can bioshift shift counters to a creature while it is on the stack?
- Do creatures that ETB with +1/+1 counters count as having increased power and toughness for the use of Evolve?
- How evolve works with massive blink?
- How exactly does evolve work?
- What happens when a creature with evolve enters the battlefield at the same time as another creature?
Creature — Bird Mutant
FlyingEvolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cloudfin Raptor Discussion
2 months ago
I like your deck and also I have a quite similar Evolve deck.
Some changes that I would made:
- Remove Unsummon to add Simic Charm, since it is more versitile.
- Cytoshape is good, but I don't think that it works well with evolve. I would put another Master Biomancer, Fathom Mage or some high power or thoughness 2 drops to help your creatures evolve.
- Add another Cloudfin Raptor. 4 are essencial.
- I would remove a couple of Simic Manipulator. They are good, but I think that 4 of them is to much.
- With Give / Take I would definitely play Fathom Mage, since it can draw you at least 6 cards if you play the Fuse cost.
- Zameck Guildmage is a good "+1/+1 counter manager". You should add him.
- Cytoplast Root-Kin + Renegade Krasis combo well togheter if you evolve the Krasis with the Root-kin.
I leave the link to my deck here if you want some ideas or other suggestions of cards to try in your deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-10-14-simic-evolve/
Have a nice time evolving your little mutants! ;)
2 months ago
I'd probably go for a lower manacurve, as this is a somewhat too slow for modern... 4 Cloudfin Raptor and 4 Experiment One. In turn, I'd drop most of the Simic Manipulators, as they are 0/1 creatures, with a rather conditional tap-ability.
Cytoshape sounds like a bit too circumstantial, as does the plan of recasting anything unsummoned. But Ghostly Flicker could probably accomplish pretty much the same, without letting your opponent get to play counterspells or discard along the way. Isn't there some fight-card, that puts a +1/+1 counter on your creature pre-fight?
3 months ago
Cafelattis thanks for the suggestions. I like Faerie Miscreant. I think I'd like to try that over Cloudfin Raptor and see which is better. I'll have to give Favorable Winds a try too, eventually. You think 2 copies would be a good starting point?
3 months ago
I see that sly combo with sage + hardened scales + Hunger. Ha that's pretty clever, I was wondering why you put that in there. I'll assume you didn't want to use Increasing Savagery. You probably want 4x llanowar reborns if you're running 4x mistcutters. In the future I'd recommend Cloudfin Raptor over jhessian, but the mana base right now makes jhessian perform more consistently. Cool deck though, thanks for sharing your ideas!
3 months ago
Mandalorian . . .Actually you don't fully understand this deck conception. For example in first turn I go with Cloudfin Raptor (Experiment One is as good as him) which is 0/1 with flying. In my 2-nd turn I cast Young Wolf which triggers evolve ability on Cloudfin Raptor making him 1/2 then I cast Pongify (or Rapid Hybridization) on Young Wolf. Wolf dies, but it instantly cames back with extra +1/+1 counter on him, which triggers evolve again. Then 3/3 Ape comes on board triggering evolve once more. This process makes my board looks like this: 3/4 Cloudfin Raptor, 2/2 Young Wolf and 3/3 Ape in 2-nd turn.
4 months ago
I like the deck but I think you need to try lowering your mana curve; Modern is a brutally fast format and it's easy to fall behind if you end up with a clunky hand that doesn't do much in the early turns. Flyers are never going to be the most aggressive creatures, however, so I'd also look at creatures that help disrupt and slow the opponents game-plan.
I'd definitely look to add Selfless Spirit, Mausoleum Wanderer and Pride of the Clouds as they're just powerful creatures that fit what you're trying to do. Aven Mindcensor, Hushwing Gryff, Vryn Wingmare are Lyev Skyknight could be good additions, depending on what decks you expect to face (maybe just in the sideboard though). Cloudfin Raptor and Loyal Pegasus might be a little too unreliable but I'd give them a test as aggressive 1-drops. Squadron Hawk isn't that aggressive or disruptive but it's card advantage in creature form, which is useful.
To make space I'd start by removing the Dragonlord Ojutai and Jace, Unraveler of Secrets, which while powerful don't really seem to fit the overall plan of the deck. Warden of Evos Isle might not be worth it anymore since I'm suggesting dropping the curve anyway and Nimble Obstructionist seems too situational to run 3 in the maindeck, although I've never played with it so maybe I'm underestimating it.
4 months ago
The evolve ability only triggers when a creature enters the battlefield. So putting +1/+1 counters on your creature would not cause Cloudfin Raptor to grow.
Also the counters would all be placed at the same time.
A better play would be to play the raptor before you sac the wolf.