Clout of the Dominus
Enchantment — Aura
As long as enchanted creature is blue, it gets +1/+1 and has shroud. (It can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
As long as enchanted creature is red, it gets +1/+1 and has haste.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Clout of the Dominus occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Clout of the Dominus Discussion
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
- Lightning greaves is a card to use or or you use something like momentrary blink. You get an etb and the orginal target no longer exists which means the spell fizzles. If you want it on an elemental creature: Flickerwisp.
- The downside to greaves its an artifact that does nothing turn 2. Artifact hate is easy to come by in green, red, (white), and in its own way blue. The match ups where it comes into play like jund will be able to get these affects no problem. equipping is also sorcery speed, so even if they cant remove the artifact they can wait for a target, or for you to cast a spell and now your out of luck.
- the goal is to cast Smokebraider and then activate it soon. Say you play it turn 2 and you can activate it turn 3. Well if you cast greaves turn 2 then you have to wait till turn 3 to cast Smokebraider, leaving you in the same spot.
- Clout of the Dominus might be better than boots for you.
- Reckless Bushwhacker is a source of hast you already have. I dont see a way to speed the deck up faster although itd be nice. It might not be even necessary being you can just keep bring back maw every turn.
1 month ago
When I was playing Vs my buddies Jelava deck we kept killing her before she could attack so more haste/shroud stuff was in order. My personal favorite tactic, however, is stealing. Not only would you be removing your opponents options you would be taking what they already have. If used during an attack trigger you would be removing a blocker as well.
2 months ago
Your curve is too high also you shouldn't be using 28 lands. I'd put kn some Lightning Bolts or Shocks maybe Vapor Snag I'd also remove Clout of the Dominus with only a few creatures in the deck they'll offten be dead cards
3 months ago
My only problem with this deck is that it says Izzet in the title when it’s a Jeskai colored deck...
other than that, it’s a unique idea! Also, this is the first deck other than my U/R deck that uses Clout of the Dominus!!!
You’ll get an Upvote from me
3 months ago
Hey Nina26. Good questions! I would definitely play the full playset of Thought Erasure and Discovery / Dispersal, which would probably mean getting rid of 3 Unexplained Disappearance, 2 Barrier of Bones, 1 Dazzling Lights, 1 Notion Rain, and 1 land. (Discovery makes it easy to fix mana early, so you can get by with 22 lands.) I would also consider substituting Sinister Sabotage for Clout of the Dominus, although that will partly depend on what you're playing against. I haven't tested Mission Briefing before, but I could definitely see playing at least two - maybe taking out the other two Barrier of Bones.
Anacksunamoon on My1
3 months ago
More Handy Deck tech:
Potential Win Conditions:
Insurrection (strong if a player has a creature deck popping off)
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur (flash him in at the end of an opponent's turn to make them discard their whole hand)
Nezahal, Primal Tide (can protect itself from removal by exiling out whenever targeted. Also draws cards when people try to remove it, or do anything else)
8 months ago
A card's color identity is determined by the mana symbols in its casting cost, rules text (but not reminder text), and any color-indicators or color-defining text (such as on the type line of the back face of double-faced cards). For the purposes of determining color identity, hybrid mana symbols count as symbols of both colors.