|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition||Rare|
|From the Vault: Dragons||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Rith, the Awakener
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Whenever Rith, the Awakener deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2Green. If you do, choose a color. Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play for each permanent of that color.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rith, the Awakener Discussion
1 week ago
Naya tokens huh. some good ideas for this deck is Rhys the Redeemed due to this token spawning and doubling effects. another good nays token card is Rith, the Awakener gives you an even bigger army each time your allowed to use his effect
2 weeks ago
Awesome deck, I love the use of Tamar over the more popular Rith, the Awakener! I'm pretty sure you can sack Tamar in response to his enter the battlefield trigger, making his tokens no longer have that pesky downside. One thing I see missing that I would include are token doubling effects like Parallel Lives or Anointed Procession, and I would definitely run Ashnod's Altar, Fecundity, and some anthem effects if you have them.
1 month ago
One. If it's Rith, the Awakener. :-D
Seriously though, I like around 5. More than that, and I can't keep them current as new sets come out.
1 month ago
That's a really thought-provoking question, Crayfish ... thanks for asking!
I frankly have no idea what I'm actually know for.
Hopefully though, it's for ...
- Giving thoughtful deck advice that doesn't make assumptions about the recipient's meta/playstyle/budget/etc.
- Building a sense of community for folks who are passionate about the same quirky things I am (e.g., Werewolves, Zada, Hedron Grinder / Mirrorwing Dragon, and Rith the Awakener).
- Politely but firmly pushing for inclusive language in every thread I host.
2 months ago
I love the synergy between Tana & Sidar...I think these two were made for each other more so than any other 2 partners.
Beyond that I think you got lost....Single target pump spells / bloodrush effects and the like are horrible in multiplayer games....unless this is intended solely for 1 v 1, I'd say ditch ALL of them. Aside from Intangible Virtue I wouldn't put any other static effect Anthems in either...once you get your tokens to be bigger than 2/2 then you just lost all synergy with Sidar...and have defeated yourself. Collective Blessing, Gaea's Anthem > out.
Creatures / Spells that will only ever give you 1 token (in addition to the creature that comes with it) also not that effective. Again unless this is 1 vs 1. Attended Knight and Tukatongue Thallid and such...out...
Deckbuilding for edh: When I build an edh deck, I too just start throwing cards at it, then cut lots then try to figure out how much ramp I need, and how much card draw I need, and how much removal I'm going to put in. These three things I put in pretty much EVERY deck. I may not run much but at least a little. (I'm only seeing a few of each on your list) After I get things balanced out and make my cuts I work the land base usually 35-39 lands depending on the deck/mana curve, amount of ramp ect. This deck I'd say 36-37 lands.
I'm not going to price check all the following recomendations, but bear in mind the tcg prices on this site doesn't account for different / older prints / damaged card discounts ect, though a few still might be 20 cents over your budget, but I'm gonna list them anyways.
Cheap removal: (keep Pacifism if you must pick 3-5 here also) Revoke Existence, Fate Forgotten, Oblation, Terastodon, Smash to Smithereens, Entrapment Maneuver, Desert Twister, Scour from Existence ... there's several others but still this is a descent selection...
Cheap Card Draw: There really isn't much in the way in these colors to begin with, even less on your budget... maybe throw Faithless Looting a few cards that give you the Monarch like Protector of the Crown and or Crown-Hunter Hireling and get a Skullclamp and maybe a Slate of Ancestry once you can find/trade for/afford one (they're only $1.50 tops)
Cheap Efficient Token Gen: You got a few good ones already a few more worth mentioning, Decree of Justice, Sporemound, Ezuri's Predation, Twilight Drover, and again...maybe later add Rith, the Awakener and or Sigarda, Heron's Grace.
Cheap Pump: Aside from Borrowed Grace, which you could leave in or not, you really only need a few good GLOBAL pump spells spells for finishers. Usually I'd suggest something like Beastmaster Ascension, but in this case again...no synergy with Sidar. I'd probably throw Titanic Ultimatum and Overwhelming Stampede (stronger 1x use versions of Overrun) and also throw a Leonin Sun Standard at the deck for repeated use/abuse after declare blockers step. Those three alone should probably do it.
Cheap Land Base: Aside from basics there are quite a few good lands to run in budget builds in the case of a Naya deck, you've already listed Jungle Shrine (I'd ditch the bounceland), there's also Naya Panorama, Rugged Highlands, Blossoming Sands, Wind-Scarred Crag, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse. I'd run every one of these, and then basics for the rest. (Again, 36-37 total lands for this deck.)
Yea...so ...holy wall of text Batman, hope some of it helps, gl & hf
2 months ago
- Dragonlord Atarka
- Thunderbreak Regent
- Dragonlord Ojutai
- Dragonlord Silumgar
- Stormbreath Dragon
- Ojutai, Soul of Winter
- Darigaaz, the Igniter
- Rith, the Awakener
- Treva, the Renewer
- Dromar, the Banisher
- Crosis, the Purger
- Oros, the Avenger
- Intet, the Dreamer
- Numot, the Devastator
- Vorosh, the Hunter
- Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
- Sarkhan the Mad
2 months ago
It seems the best pairings tend to have a build around commander and a supporting commander ... so personally I'm a fan of Tana, the Bloodsower and Ravos, Soultender, Tana gives you a solid basis to build around, while Ravos is an anthem in the command zone that flys and returns creatures that (ideally) help support or help generate the tokens.
meanwhile Saskia the Unyielding has alot of power, haste+vigilance and a multiplayer version of Curse of Bloodletting means that there are some explosive things you can do with the deck (2 for 1 Blightsteel Colossus anyone?)
EDH largely boils down to a combination of personal preference, budget and competitive desires but I'd argue the biggest factor is your personal play style, so which commander do you wanna play? Saskia? one/two partners? an entirely different commander that you can use the bones of this deck to build? (ex Rith, the Awakener)
3 months ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.