Tribute to Hunger
InstantTarget opponent sacrifices a creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Tribute to Hunger Discussion
10 hours ago
Thinking about adding some cheap B spot removal
18 hours ago
Mana Vault fits in here perfectly. I'll need to acquire a copy. Thank you!
3 days ago
First of all, mana rocks. You can't really play without them. I would add the following at a minimum: Sol Ring, Izzet Signet, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Commander's Sphere, and Mind Stone. Some others, if you are interested, are Dreamstone Hedron, Gilded Lotus, Hedron Archive, Thran Dynamo, and Chromatic Lantern. Those all allow you to ramp quickly.
As far as card choice goes, I pulled a few cards from my mono black edh deck that would be good for you.
Removal: Barter in Blood, Dregs of Sorrow, Toxic Deluge, Languish, Nevinyrral's Disk, Perilous Vault (my budget replacement for Oblivion Stone), Dismember, and Tribute to Hunger. At the moment, you are running very few board wipes, which might get you by against certain decks in 2 player, but not in any more than that.
For whatever reason the suggest tool isn't working for me today, but I'm sure you would rather pick through my list than be bombarded with 20 cards anyways.
2 weeks ago
What I played against:
1. GU infect - depends on opponent hand - I ussualy have spot removal on turn 2, so I can protect myself from taking many counters, unless opponent has some protection. On turn 3 I can cast Tribute to Hunger, but it's single. If I make it to turn 4 by keeping removal and making him discard, it becomes easier to win with each turn.
2. Twin - I had no flawless victory nor defeat, usually very close games. Sideboarding helpes alot.
3. Tron - very difficult matchup pre-sideboard, but much easier later. The worst thing is, that opponent has huge adventage when we both play from top, because his draw usually is something big, or something with cantrip.
4. Emrakul breach - First game lost because of emrakul turn 3(he was on play), but still I menaged to hit him down to 2 life. Second game lost because after my turn 1 duress I had pleasure to see 3 Obstinate Baloths in his opening hand.
5. Grixis delver - more wins than loses. Easy game with slagstorms, once I killed opponent with blighting + liliana caress only (he had like 3 fetches for untapped shock, and 2 gitaxian probes without mana).
6. Abzan aristrocrat/blood artist/BW tokens - depends on hand - I have to be very fast to protect my life, but unlike tron - I'm ussualy the one who has better odds when playing from top.
2 weeks ago
Hey looks like u got something going here however I would increase ur land count to at least 24. Running 22 I've had trouble trying to cast a 5 mana creature. Also Midrange implys ur deck comes alive by turn 3 & 4 but the dragons make it more controlling base by first strip there hand and controlling the late game hitting board sweepers before ur big guy flood the field this is very risky when running so many sorcery's over instants I gotta this of beating aggro how can u handle a turn 1 Spark element or Goblin Guide I would suggest maybe Burst Lightning great cards hits 2 damage early and 4 damage late game also Lightning Strike is sub par to the maybe board Lightning Bolt definitely add them in if u have them. Also Browbeat is a dead card I feel u have some better options for that slot such as Tribute to Hunger or even Murder I feel u should spread ur mana curve out a little more u have a high amount of 2 drops and hardly and 4 drops this is where ur deck will start to kick in. I hope this help a lil +1 upvote
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Mmmmm I see no point in play Jund Charm in the sb cause you don't need deal 2 damage to every creature and if you want eat the whole graveyard just use Rakdos Charm wich by the way kill twin, Melira, Sylvok Outcast it's not relevant in your sb since you already have enought removal you shouldn't have problems vs infect maybe you could add instead some sacrifice stuff like Tribute to Hunger or Geth's Verdict to improve your matchups vs boogle and infect at the same time.