|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Pharika's Cure deals 2 damage to target creature and you gain 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||xXThormentXx , Mousemke , , LeroyJones , bakunet , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , releasethedogs , XxCataclysmiCxX , itheoryz , PTsmitty|
|Want (38)||jpc852 , Pylioz , foxboy93 , acbooster , CaptianClueless , Aceleron , IcyLetters , Niroh , Sadert , TevishSzat , awfulNeutral , InfiniteMartyr , niner80 , Thotny , starkzero , keudhor , fancysaurus , oryandaw , xXThormentXx , Stovetop617 , zephyrmoth , NobleGhost117 , Jspeed , getyourrebelon , PopeJonIII , MxStoneheart , MoxFlux , frostotron , CrustyCraig , Awuztein , NivStormfront , gershom , Hylianpirate , SaltySpecula , gplocke , Cunningcrow , Archmage_Aramil , scsrhino|
Pharika's Cure Discussion
6 days ago
Vampire Nocturnus is a cool card, however land are colourless (24) Burst Lightning, Shock are red (8), is 32 cards, so more than 50% of your deck won't effect Nocturnus. Luckily there are alternatives Stromkirk Condemned or Metallic Mimic , critically they both also cost less to cast than Nocturnus. Using one of these lets you play the red spells, however Burst Lightning, Shock aren't really Modern level, I'd swap them to Magma Jet and either Rift Bolt or the classic Lightning Bolt . Or you could stay almost mone black with Alms of the Vein and Pharika's Cure ... Hope this helps, good luck brewing your deck.
5 months ago
1 year ago
Some cheap, efficient sideboard option i like against burn are Gonti's Machinations, Pharika's Cure (which kills every creature burn plays) and Shadowfeed. Shadowfeed can also provide some graveyard hate, which you don't have, with Nihil Spellbomb.
1 year ago
Also, I vote for ninjas, since you have creatures with pwoerful ETB effects and/or evasion, throwing one or two ninja in there could be randomly good. I'd swap out Indulgent Tormentor for Okiba-Gang Shinobi or Throat Slitter.
1 year ago
19 creatures in an athreos deck isn't going to use your commander much. You also don't have many other permanents that can provide devotion if you want to get on the beat down plan.
Some things have just too little impact, I think. I'd suggest cutting these to make room for more creatures and permanents:
- Guardians' Pledge, Grotesque Mutation, Spidersilk Net, Angelic Benediction, Divine Favor, Marked by Honor, and Show of Valor and narrow pump effects. Rarely do they make a difference in EDH.
- Executioner's Swing, Cradle to Grave, Smite the Monstrous, Pharika's Cure, and Essence Extraction are all narrow removal that costs a lot of mana.
- Alms of the Vein in a format where your opponents have 40 life, 3 life once is almost nothing.
- Chaplain's Blessing You gaining 5 life isn't going to make much of a difference when people are swining at you for 20+ damage in a single turn.
- Purge the Profane and Mind Rot is too targeted (and you have two of them)
There are more, but this is a good start. Got any other creatures in your collection? Throw them in!
1 year ago
I like what you're doing here, Dash Hopes is vicious! I think I might add it to my own deck.
There is a couple of things I don't quite agree with:
1) The play set of Wicked Akuba. It would benefit from some type of evasion, or even deathtouch, but it doesn't. More often than not, it's a bear. I think I'd rather see either another type of removal, or Chittering Rats, which has the always effective ETB effect. If your looking for something to help the devotion, another decent creature could be Dauthi Slayer: opponent can't chump block, which forces them to expend a removal spell.
2) Pharika's Cure seems too cute of a card. It's essentially a 2 cmc 4 life gain, strictly worse than Lone Missionary or Rest for the Weary, but in Black. Once again, I'd rather see some type of removal, or hand disruption, something that impacts the board state a bit more.
Thanks for sharing! You got an upvote!
1 year ago
Pharika's Cure is bad
Tablet of the Guilds is bad
Spectral Procession is amazing in soul sister deck.
Bloodbond Vampire -1 and add another ajani pridemate
Go for the Throat instead of doomblade + sunlance
That would be a start. :) goodluck mate!
2 years ago
Crypt Incursion for side board.
I would agree that you need some life gain; in modern, particularly if you're casting thoughtsieze, if you wait til turn 4 to have a field presence, you are dead.
Pharika's Cure is probably too weak as a watered down Lightning Helix...Soul Spike is also probably too resource intensive, but then, there's a good chance of you having an over abundance of high CMC black cards...
Perhaps Collective Brutality, tossing extra lands and whatnot.