Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
Legendary Creature — Demon
Whenever an opponent searches his or her library, that player sacrifices a creature and loses 10 life.
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Ob Nixilis, Unshackled.
|Have (3)||, Forkbeard , metalmagic|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled Discussion
5 days ago
psionictemplar Gotcha! Just making sure. Fun deck idea.
When I've tried playing Maralen of the Mornsong in modern, I've used the Mindlock Orb lock, and always found myself controlling the game relatively well, but ended up dying from my own turn clock before my opponent lol. Maybe Ob Nixilis, Unshackled + Aven Mindcensor is the solution to that instead of just locking out entirely. I'll have to give it a try
1 week ago
Just doing a quick look at the MTG Wiki:
The mechanic Overload arose out of a mechanic designed by Ken Nagle in the first round of the Great Designer Search 1.
Ethan Fleischer's Evolve Mechanic from the Great Designer Search 2 found its way into the game.
Shawn Main created a mechanic in the Great Designer Search 2 that would be renamed and placed in the game as Battalion )
Looting becoming part of Red's Color Identity has its birth in the Great Designer Search 2.
You Make the Creature contest resulted in the creation of Spiritmonger .
The Winners of the Magic Invitational were allowed to design a card that would feature their likeness. From that, we got:
- Olle Råde's Sylvan Safekeeper ;
- Darwin Kastle's Avalanche Riders ;
- Mike Long's Rootwater Thief ;
- Chris Pikula's Meddling Mage ;
- Jon Finkel's Shadowmage Infiltrator ;
- Kai Budde's Voidmage Prodigy ;
- Jens Thoren's Solemn Simulacrum ;
- Bob Maher's Dark Confidant ;
- Terry Soh's Rakdos Augermage ;
- Antoine Ruel's Ranger of Eos ; and
- Tiago Chan's Snapcaster Mage .
The 2005 Magic Invitational had a vote for a fan-submitted card. Tsuyoshi Fujita's winning entry would eventually become Gemstone Caverns .
Magic 2015 had a number of cards created by famous Magic fans. These cards are:
- George Fan's (Plants vs. Zombies) Genesis Hydra ;
- Penny Arcade's (of the Penny Arcade webcomic and creator of PAX) Avarice Amulet ;
- Markus Persson's (creator of Minecraft) Aggressive Mining ;
- Richard Garriot's (creator of Ultimata) Shield of the Avatar ;
- David Sirlin's (designer on Street Fighter II) Master of Predicaments ;
- Rob Pardo's (lead designer for WoW) Xathrid Slyblade ;
- Isaiah Cartwright's (lead designer for Guild Wars 2) Warden of the Beyond ;
- Justin Gary's (winner 2003's National Team Championship in Worlds) Spirit Bonds ;
- Stone Librande's (lead designer Diablo III) Goblin Kaboomist ;
- Brian Fargo's (Founder of Interplay Entertainment, which made the original Fallout games) Yisan, the Wanderer Bard ;
- Mike Neumann's (creative director for Borderlands) Chasm Skulker ;
- James Ernest's (creator of Cheapass Games) Hot Soup ;
- Edmund McMillen's (indie game designer) Cruel Sadist ; and
- Brad Muir's (game designer of Double Fine, which made Psychonauts) Ob Nixilis, Unshackled .
I think that should answer your question. There also have been a number of players who were hired directly as a result of their play in tournaments or performances in things like the Great Designer Search, so, in a sense, could be considered fans turned card creators. However, once they become part of the design team, they are no longer merely fan creators, so I am not sure they would be responsive to your question.
1 month ago
RinceRaven on Kaalia
1 month ago
Okay so, this comment is kinda unreadable, and I'mma clean this up a bit, order cards together, give my personal thoughts and then repost it, but here's the dump version also so I can work off it myself
Dragon Tempest, Lightning Greaves, Caged Sun, Thran Dynamo, Aura of Silence, Austere Command, Archangel of Thune, Aurelia, the Warleader, Doom Whisperer, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Sword of the Animist, Dragon's Hoard, Price of Fame, Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Angel of Serenity, Kaalia of the Vast, Magus of the Moat, Herald of War, Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Hazoret's Monument, Firemind Vessel, Worn Powerstone, Thundermaw Hellkite, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Lathliss, the Dragon Queen, Karmic Guide, Sower of Discord, Angel of Condemnation, Blade of Selves, Gilded Lotus, Bolas's Citadel, Tainted Remedy, True Conviction, Deafening Silence, Grasp of Fate, Everflowing Chalice, Grafdigger's Cage
3 months ago
I've ended up removing Ob Nixilis, Unshackled. A good card but not enough value as I don't have ways to force my opponents to search.
3 months ago
Was gonna suggest Ob Nixilis, Unshackled but then I saw you already had him in here. Great minds think alike, I guess.
4 months ago
Hello all! I have a handful of cards I'm looking to part with. I'm planning to list them on TCG player at the end of the week, but figured I'd give everyone here first crack at them. It's mostly little stuff, but there are a pair of reserved list cards in pretty good condition I'm planning to part with.
I can take payment through PayPal, and shipping is covered in all purchases. Generally, I'll ship under $30 in an envelope, and $30+ in a bubble mailer with tracking. Prices should generally be about 10% below the cheapest card of similar condition I found when I pulled them from TCG, but if I'm off, feel free to let me know! I've noted condition for the more expensive stuff and am happy to provide pictures, though generally everything on this list is NM.
- Yawgmoth's Will: NM/LP condition, priced at $120 (~ $15 less than the cheapest LP I found on TCG)
- Wheel of Fortune: LP/MP, priced at $160 (~ $15 less than the cheapest MP I found on TCG)
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty: $3
- Whip of Erebos: $3
- Thousand-Year Storm: $3.50
- Ob Nixilis, Unshackled: $5
- Ashnod's Altar: $6
- Chromatic Lantern: $6
- Dictate of Erebos: $6
- Starfield of Nyx: $7
- Dragonlord Silumgar: $9
- Ob Nixilis, the Fallen: $10
- Neheb, the Eternal: $10
- Rankle, Master of Pranks: $10
- 2 Aetherflux Reservoir: $4 each, or two for $7
- 4 Cryptolith Rite: $5 each, two for $9, or all four for $16
- 2 Vanquisher's Banner: $6 each, or two for $10
Again, if you're interested, please let me know! I'm happy to adjust as the market changes, and I'll remove items from this list as they're sold. At the end of the week, I'll be posting these on TCG.