Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
Legendary Creature — Demon
Whenever an opponent searches his or her library, that player sacrifices a creature and loses 10 life.
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Ob Nixilis, Unshackled.
|Have (4)||ShiftyOdyssey , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , CampbellStev|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled Discussion
3 days ago
Also Night Dealings , Vampiric Rites , Butcher of Malakir (though expensive), Ob Nixilis, Unshackled , Smothering Abomination , Viscera Seer , Altar's Reap , and Deathreap Ritual (with a splash of green).
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Ok, this is basically devastating opposing decks, gnawing down their crop ...like a Lokust? (Guess I'll show myself out?)
Puns aside, how about Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire ? Opponents could use it to interrupt you. On the other hand, you're the one who can wait with an activation until you control Opposition Agent or Ob Nixilis, Unshackled .
1 month ago
Mox_Dookie thanks! Aside from the obvious like Opposition Agent and Ob Nixilis, Unshackled you can also combine it with Teferi's Puzzle Box to lock your opponents out of a hand, Thawing Glaciers also has a nice synergy with Maralen to allow you access to lands while tutoring for bombs. Dark Confidant also let’s you keep the card advantage.
RicketyEng on None
2 months ago
Some clarification of Obby's timeline:
1) Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath conquered his home plane then sparked.
2) On his travels/conquests of other planes at some point he was attracted by The Chain Veil 's power. However he was cursed by it when he touched it and started becoming a demon.
3) He travelled to Zendikar in hopes of using its powerful and wild mana to stop or reverse his demonic transformation.
4) Upon his arrival on the plane its protector, Nahiri, the Lithomancer , implanted a hedron in his forehead which robbed him of his spark and caused his wings to wither and eventually die. Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
5) After a few thousand years Jace, the Mind Sculptor was trying to figure out how to help Garruk, the Veil-Cursed . He extracted the hedron from Ob Nixilis's forehead and managed to implant it in Garruk's arm. In both Ob Nixilis and Garruk the hedron had the effect of subduing the veil's curse. It brought some clarity to the mind of Garruk, Apex Predator .
6) I remember reading a story where Ob Nixilis, Unshackled was buried alive and he very gradually dug his way down and toward a power source he could sense. This is how he found the Khalni Heart which he first tried to use to reignite his spark before Nissa, Voice of Zendikar stopped him.
7) Utterly sick and tired of Zendikar at this point, and buried alive once more after his duel with Nissa, Nixilis vowed vengeance on the entire plane. He hijacked the Aligned Hedron Network when the Zendikari momentarily managed to trap Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger . Ob Nixilis Reignited managed to siphon off enough power from Ulamog to reignite his spark. He then broke Ulamog out of the hedron prison and summoned Kozilek to the surface. He took the time to easily defeat Nissa, Gideon, and Jace before leaving, but Chandra showed up in time to rescue them. At that point it wasn't worth the effort to stick around for any more petty vengeance so he left.
8) Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted took part in the War of the Spark. He joined Karn, Samut, and Dack Fayden on their mission to close Tezzeret's Planar Bridge from the Amonkhet side (they travelled through the portal itself because of The Immortal Sun ). Tezzeret didn't put up much of a fight. Nixilis burned large swaths of the remaining Eternal army before planeswalking away.
3 months ago
Have you thought about using Ob Nixilis, Unshackled as a different creature to add extra damage every time around the table?
3 months ago
First of, thank you for your comment.
Scry and advantage. Well, i tried to evaluate, how to categorise the list. I'm aware that scry won't net any cards. But i think these kind of card-selection is some kind of card advantage as you won't draw cards, which you don't want to. But i agree that this is kinda the smallest form of "advantage".
I would rate Verge Rangers a litte different than you. They grant you to put a land from other than your hand onto the battlefield if the condition is met. Keeper of the Accord works in a similar way and he is being called a "ramp in white". And knowing what comes next is always welcome ;)
4 months ago
Nerdytimesorwhatever Thanks for commenting! In my paper list I've been running 28 lands, and was considering removing lands for this version as well, after enough play testing and your suggestion, I think I'll lower the the land count to 30 for now and see how that goes. Also for the cmc, it's been lowered a bit by the removal of Ob Nixilis, Unshackled and Archfiend of Depravity .