Creature — Human Wizard
(1): Add (Black) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bog Initiate Discussion
2 months ago
hey, so just thought i'd let you know that if you could find a home for Paradox Engine, you'd open up a nice little combo with Gravecrawler + Bog Initiate + Sol Ring which you can then use Cryptbreaker to draw as many cards as you want really, or Helldozer to completely destroy all the opponent's land, cast cards with X for whatever... you get the point
4 months ago
You said you needed some help with your mana base but honestly, you have something pretty close to a completely optimized tri-color landbase. If you only need the color very briefly, you might get away with Tendo Ice Bridge and Aether Hub. Exotic Orchard and Reflecting Pool can give you the heavy multi-color requirements you need (but are terrible on T1). I've also seen Tarnished Citadel used in these extremely fast and high-devotion decks.
On another topic, I might cut the remaining basic lands in your deck and add a Hermit Druid combo package, since you have so few basics anyway.
Hope that's helpful! :)
9 months ago
Paragon of Open Graves, Minister of Pain, Macabre Waltz, Kin-Tree Warden, Lifespring Druid, Graverobber Spider, Burnt Offering, Diabolic Edict, Black Knight, Bog Initiate, Regeneration?? These are all just from my binder that might be interesting.
Idk what any of these cost.
11 months ago
The deck is Judge. The issue at hand is what is a better source of life-gain? Should I switch in Daru Spiritualist, Warrior en-Kor, Nomads en-Kor, and Transmutation for Gravecrawler, Reassembling Skeleton, Tidehollow Sculler, and Bog Initiate?
The group already in the deck uses Ashnod's Altar to produce infinite entering/leaving the battlefield triggers to abuse the soul sisters.
The group I'm thinking about switching in uses the ability of the en-kor to target daru spiritualist (no damage actually has to be in play apparently, these cards are the engine of a somewhat popular pauper deck that uses About Face or something similar for infinite damage) which I then sacrifice with Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim or Starlit Sanctum for infinite life.
I guess the question I have is which group of cards offers the better synergy with the deck while I assemble pieces, and which combo is more reliable or powerful?
1 year ago
Bog Initiate is great with mana rocks to get more creatures from graveyards.
1 year ago
- Give Ooze haste with Skittles/Thornling.
- Tap Ooze for G using Devoted Druid's mana ability (or any mana ability since presumably your whole graveyard is in your library at this point).
- Put a -1/-1 counter on Ooze to untap it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until Ooze has 1 toughness.
- Use Quillspike's ability to remove a -1/-1 counter and give it +3/+3. This effectively gives it +4/+4 from where it was, allowing you to repeat this process and add 4 more mana to your mana pool before you need to remove the next counter, leaving a net gain of 3 mana each time. If you have Bog Initiate in your graveyard, you can filter this mana into black mana as well as green.
- Once you have infinite mana, use Quillspike's and Scrib Nibblers' abilities to exile all of your opponent's libraries.
Hope this helped. I'll edit this information into the description.