Riku of Two Reflections
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or a sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Riku of Two Reflections Discussion
1 week ago
Not bad. There are definitely a few mistakes though. I'll just look at the top tier for now.
Jhoira of the Ghitu Is nowhere close to tier 1. By the time her spells start resolving, the game is already over. She consistently loses to the true top-tier generals (Zur, Narset, Animar, Mimeoplasm, Azami, etc.) The same is true for Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Vendilion Clique, Uril, the Miststalker, Prime Speaker Zegana, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Sydri, Galvanic Genius and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. All of those are solid 2 and 3 tier general,s but none of them can hold their own in a fair fight against true tier 1 generals. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is borderline. His control-heavy strategy tends to rely too much on alternate win conditions like Felidar Sovereign that are easily overcome by faster decks.
Animar, Soul of Elements is tier 1. Imperial Animar wins consistently by turn five with the potential to win on turn two unless stalled by extreme control.
Riku of Two Reflections also seems to have mistakenly been placed on the wrong tier. His threat spawning ability is absolutely terrifying and can completely overwhelm opponents in 5 turns.
And finally, Momir Vig, Simic Visionary rounds out the commanders that need to be bumped up. His ability allows for absurd tutor and draw effects that can easily allow his deck to combo out turn 4.
Hope these suggestions helped!
1 week ago
You theme is symmetry and you don't have Riku of Two Reflections?
1 week ago
Riku of Two Reflections would work pretty well but I just love the free 4 colourless mana that I can put on any X spell from Rosheen Meanderer! I used Progenitus at first and had Corpsejack Menace in there along with Bioshift and Vorel of the Hull Clade. But I just love the ability of Rosheen Meanderer so much more as it's fantastic for both massive hydras and huge burn spells! I mean Animist's Awakening with Rosheen Meanderer is incredible ramp.
Also if you used Riku of Two Reflections's second ability, then the token of a hydra with X power would be 0 wouldn't it? Most would die instantly, I'll keep tweaking around with it of course though!
1 week ago
Why not try Riku of Two Reflections as the commander? Then you could include bioshift :) and the second ability is somewhat relevant to the rest of the deck.
2 weeks ago
Sorry I meant to say that it does sound blue to me. It's very much like a better version of Imprint. To put it another way it's like the unholy combination of Soulfire Grand Master and Riku of Two Reflections, if you look at just the Riku reflection.
With all of this said I lady is a very fun way for Envision to work because it promotes two things: Rarely seen Tribal type builds and for a board state deck to have reactive spells instead of just creatures that quickly rebuild. I feel like if the mechanic had a different name, and was cheaper based on board state, it would be an interesting mechanic for a Purple and X colored hybrid creature. This is a good time to start thinking about what creature type Purple could safely share without taking to much of another colors identity, or having that creature type be spread to thin.
Sphinx - (I think some of the Sphinx's such as Arbiter of the Ideal have pretty close to the Purple feeling since they are somewhat mystical and they build. Plus, Inspired.)
Birds - , birds will appear as commons in Purple, with like, 0 abilities, and at a pace of about 1 in every 3 sets.
Artificer - Close but not quite.
Engineer - and now Purple. The Purple engineers won't focus on making things cheaper or drawing cards from artifacts. Instead they will focus on the "Fortification" mechanic.
Avatar - Definately will be Purple avatars, but they will be appear sparingly. Since the intangible aspect of Purple is as vast as the cosmos these Avatars will range from CMC 4 to 8 with the smaller ones being less aggressive but similar to Stoic Resonator and the more expensive ones will have mechanics that affect the board when they die.
Right now I'm working on "Cosmic Incarnation" for a very expensive creature that does things when it dies or is put into a graveyard from anywhere. (If an opponent discards you T1 there will be ramifications that last the whole game.)
2 weeks ago
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir is one of the best answers to the cascade ability. You could go mono-blue with him as your commander, or go simic with Momir Vig, Simic Visionary to ensure that you see Teferi most games. Pillowfort strategies can also work well against both Rafiq and Maelstrom Wanderer with stuff like Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Norn's Annex, and Blazing Archon; playing this strategy usually grants you more control options as well.
And if you just want to out-broken them, spruce up your Kaalia deck or build Riku of Two Reflections.
2 weeks ago
So I'm building a temur deck for EDH, and while my deck has the usual shenanigans you'd expect from a Riku of Two Reflections deck, I didn't actually want to play Riku. I feel like he's honestly just too good, and people are scared of him. They hate you for playing it, blah blah blah. So I'm looking at alternative commanders, and realize that there isn't an option for a 4-drop temur commander.
I decided I'd try my hand at making my own.
Thoughts? Here's some things to note.
- His ability doesn't target. It simply chooses a creature upon resolution.
- He can't return himself to your hand. I felt this was going to be too powerful.
- He can't choose a token. That would be broken beyond all measure.
- The token lasts until the end of your next turn. Instead of giving the creature haste, I wanted to just let the token last until the end of the next turn. This allows me to save my creatures that I want to keep in play so that their static effects remain in effect until I recast the creature on my next turn.
- Instead of playing Riku, where I can get the impact of double enters-the-battlefield effects for just two mana, this commander forces me to pay 3 mana, and I only get to keep the token. This makes it slower, but more conservative. For cards like Eternal Witness, Ralimar is probably better than Riku, whereas with cards like Frost Titan, Riku is probably better. Also, Riku can double up instant & sorcery spells, and Ralimar cannot. That's something I'm sacrificing to have more advantage with the smaller creatures.
2 weeks ago
A friend of mine is absolutely in love with storm, and all of the mathmatics involved giving himself the personal restriction of having to storm off without going infinite and he does so using his commander Riku of Two Reflections and cards like Past in Flames and Rude Awakening and other ways to produce massive quantities of mana and allowing him to play things multiple times, I have to say it's arguably the most fun deck I've ever watch go off, every one at the table starts counting and following his math, wondering if he's going to get there or not or if he'll make a mistake as his plays are balanced on a knife's edge where they could fail at the slightest mistake.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Color(s)||Red Blue Green|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Capture of Jingzhou + Eternal Witness
- Parallel Lives + Riku of Two Reflections
- Intet, the Dreamer + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Worldgorger Dragon
- Fireball + Riku of Two Reflections
- Flametongue Kavu + Riku of Two Reflections
- Recollect + Riku of Two Reflections + Walk the Aeons
- Conjurer's Closet + Nephalia Smuggler + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Warp
- Palinchron + Riku of Two Reflections
- Filigree Sages + Riku of Two Reflections + Strionic Resonator
- Riku of Two Reflections + Rite of Replication
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Stretch