Riku of Two Reflections
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or a sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Riku of Two Reflections Discussion
3 days ago
Hi all, I wanted to know everything possible about Riku of Two Reflections. I need card suggestions for a edh deck I plan to build. I plan to incorporate cards from my Sage of the Deep Blue deck as well.
Note: I want to build a deck without too much reliance on Riku, but still using him when needed.
Hope you all can help.
4 days ago
Can't say I'm not playing Legacy more and looking at actually building a Commander deck though.
Riku of Two Reflections, if you've got any advice.
1 week ago
I will suggest you Palinchron, it's infinite mana with Riku of Two Reflections or Deadeye Navigator, then first draw creature you find it's infinite draw and hi Purphoros, God of the Forge GG!!! Farhaven Elf put a land tapped but not oly Forest like Wood Elves.....bha.... You don't have too few creatures so you may play Opposition, i love this card, if you put it next to Seedborn Muse you can't lose. Me too, in Animar, Soul of Elements played Garruk, Caller of Beasts but i run it for Domri Rade but it depends where you play.... never considered Mercurial Chemister? more easy to play than Arcanis the Omnipotent, draw 2 cards it's true but fire on the creatures.these are opinions, i like the deck idea dont get me wrong!
1 week ago
Were did you get the Proxy for Riku of Two Reflections? kind of like the art think i might try and get it.
2 weeks ago
Hmmm. well mostly it depends on your preferred play style. But if you want something fun and random, I suggest Riku of Two Reflections.
There's honestly a lot to explore in commander. I just gave you an example of a commander. But maybe someone else will have a different option, especially if it's a veteran player. Explore your options with them too!
You can take a look at my decks in my profile to get some ideas going.
2 weeks ago
@JuiceboxHero- Ah, but Riku's copying ability does not copy the spell off of the stack: He copies it after it enters the battlefield, where it's CMC consequently ignores X. Therefore, the token copy of the creature will not have a value for X, and subsequently will enter with 0 counters. Your judge was mostly correct: While on the stack, the spell takes on all properties of what it was cast for. But neither Infinite Reflection nor Riku of Two Reflections care about the creature on the stack- only after it's already resolved.
2 weeks ago
Correct me if I'm wrong here... But copies of most of your Hydras from Riku of Two Reflections AND Infinite Reflections will die off immediately due to them being 0/0s- X costs don't carry over when copied, and copies won't have the +1/+1 counters unless the copied card (Heroes' Bane) says it enters with them.
Personally, I'd drop the blue, switch to black (perhaps Kresh the Bloodbraided?) and enjoy the benefits black would bring to the deck with effects such as Corpsejack Menace, Heartless Summoning, and Blood.
Additionally, there's always the "hydra" of Taurean Mauler , and you could potentially benefit from Apocalypse Hydra and Ulasht, the Hate Seed. I highly recommend getting your hands on some Primordial Hydras, as mentioned by another user, as even dropped t3 as a 1/1 can get scary very quickly.
Anyways, props for the tribal, and I hope it goes well for ya!
2 weeks ago
They will make the allied color decks next.
This is what they did in 2013:
(Derevi, Empyrial Tactician)
(Oloro, Ageless Ascetic)
(Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge W/Nekusar, the Mindrazer)
(Prossh, Skyraider of Kher W/Shattergang Brothers)
(Marath, Will of the Wild)
Commander 2014: Mono colors
Commander 2015: Enemy Colors
Commander 2016: Speculation Allied Colors
The cards I chose below are my guesses as to which older legendary will be reprinted for each color pairing. The 3 things that make them good candidates are # of versions printed, Age, and Play-ability in that order. A good old card that was only printed once is more likely to be reprinted then a really old card that was printed once but sucks hard.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, or Wydwen, the Biting Gale. (Based on the assumption that they are using commander 2016 to reprint good commanders that haven't been reprinted, like EVER, whenever they can.)
- (Full Legendary List), Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Olivia Voldaren, Wort, Boggart Auntie, in addition to any new ones. Wort would slot right into the 2013 deck Devour for Power if you turned it into a Shattergang Brothers deck. Also so would Rohgahh of Kher Keep. Is it time to see more Kobold producing cards? Also who knew there was a Legendary Kobold!
- Here is the full search list. Picks are Thromok the Insatiable, Ulasht, the Hate Seed, Wort, the Raidmother. All of those are the older ones that are actually good and have been printed only once. They also are all find standalone commanders but easily slot into the Prossh, Skyraider of Kher / Shattergang Brothers decks. Did I mention that the first 2 with Devour love all these Eldrazi Scion running around lately?
- Here is the complete listing. Top picks are Gaddock Teeg, Rhys the Redeemed, Saffi Eriksdotter, Captain Sisay and Sigarda, Host of Herons. Out of those the only legendary ones are Captain Sisay and Sigarda.
Also note that each of the new Allied color decks would only have 1 of the selections from each entry would go into the decks if they mimic the commander/legendary spread seen in Commander 2015.
I can already imagine the would be some landfall shenanigans like a mini Omnath, Locus of Rage and the one would get XP either when you make tokens or when a legendary creature comes into the field or be some sort of enchantment fetcher. If they go with stuff like that then I would seriously consider playing a 2 color deck.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
- Riku of Two Reflections + Capture of Jingzhou + Eternal Witness
- Flametongue Kavu + Riku of Two Reflections
- Fireball + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Warp
- Parallel Lives + Riku of Two Reflections
- Intet, the Dreamer + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Stretch
- Riku of Two Reflections + Worldgorger Dragon
- Recollect + Riku of Two Reflections + Walk the Aeons
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Riku of Two Reflections
- Conjurer's Closet + Nephalia Smuggler + Riku of Two Reflections
- Palinchron + Riku of Two Reflections
- Filigree Sages + Riku of Two Reflections + Strionic Resonator
- Riku of Two Reflections + Rite of Replication