Riku of Two Reflections
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or a sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Riku of Two Reflections Discussion
21 hours ago
I kind figure this would happen. First I'm kind of new to the site and second Riku of Two Reflections is hard to ask for help because everyone has different opinions about what to do. Plus everyone has huge EDH budget or have been playing forever. So thanks for bearing with me. This deck was way worst back when I first build it. Its just that I have been improving this a few cards at a time.As for what to cut I agree with: Utvara Hellkite(Avenger of Zendikar place holder), Unexpected Results (I have Genesis Wave now), Kessig Cagebreakers, and Nim Deathmantle(in some games it was good), Gaea's Blessing.I am on fence about cutting:Inferno Titan, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Rampaging Baloths, Uyo, Silent Prophet (I want to replace with Dualcaster Mage). However I do want to keep Wormfang Drake. You can flash it into play to save Riku of Two Reflections from removal. Plus combing Wormfang Drake with Deadeye Navigator to blink anything I want. I like a lot of your suggestions and add to my ongoing list; however things Sower of Temptation, Survival of the Fittest are out of my budget for now.I do have always been confused about running counters in Riku. I know there are only few ones that help out your deck and the rest are mostly dead if you copy it. I have Spell Crumple and Plasm Capture. As for Rhystic Study, I ran it originally but cut it for Mulldrifter because I ran to many enchantments at the time.
I will test what I have now and add it to the list and collect everything else later and thanks for the help.
1 day ago
I was wondering how this card would fare in a more casual Riku of Two Reflections? When you're not trying to turn four/five a Tooth and Nail into Kiki Jiki/Zealous Conscript or Avenger of Zendikar/Craterhoof Behemoth. With Sylvan Primordial getting the banhammer, I don't run a whole lot of ETB, but more fun creatures for giggles. My Anima deck will love this, but this seems so out of place for Riku.
3 days ago
It depends on your deck concept. If you have a way of recycling ETBs, like using Riku of Two Reflections, Cackling Counterpart, Fated Infatuation, or the best of them, Venser, the Sojourner Trinket Mage can quickly replace the loss of flexibility with card advantage.
In the absence of building specifically to do that, though, Fabricate's flexibility is better.
5 days ago
5 days ago
1 week ago
I'll just list some off
- Esper - Sharuum the Hegemon makes a good artifact deck
- Bant - Phelddagrif - usually group hug, seen people do voltron
- Jund - Shattergang Brothers - almost control
- Naya - Uril, the Miststalker - if you want to go the aura voltron route
- Grixis - Sedris, the Traitor King - I made a tribal zombie deck with him, could also work well as an ETB deck.
- Jeskai - Narset, Enlightened Master - creatureless shenanigans
- Sultai - The Mimeoplasm - a reanimator-ish deck. Always enters as something different so games are never the same
- Mardu - Zurgo Helmsmasher - could make it equipment voltron, but that gets expensive. Maybe aggro
- Abzan - Ghave, Guru of Spores - tokens
- Temur - Riku of Two Reflections - normally combo-oriented
3 weeks ago
Devour happens as the creature is entering the battlefield, similar to Clones. It happens after the spell is resolving, but before it actually enters the field.
What would happen is you cast Thromok the Insatiable and it goes on the stack. It resolves and as it enters the battlefield you could devour however much or little you'd want to devour. Once it hits the battlefield Riku of Two Reflections triggers and that ability goes on the stack. If you pay for it, and the ability resolved, as it enters the battlefield have the option to devour with the copy. The copied Thromok the Insatiable then hits the battlefield. Riku of Two Reflections doesn't trigger since it's a token, but since you have two legendary Thromok the Insatiable state-based actions will force you to remove one of them before anyone gets priority, assuming you didn't eat the original Thromok the Insatiable with the copy.
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Color(s)||Red Blue Green|
|Avg. cube pick||11.88|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Riku of Two Reflections
- Palinchron + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Worldgorger Dragon
- Flametongue Kavu + Riku of Two Reflections
- Parallel Lives + Riku of Two Reflections
- Fireball + Riku of Two Reflections
- Intet, the Dreamer + Riku of Two Reflections
- Biovisionary + Crystal Shard + Riku of Two Reflections
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic + Riku of Two Reflections
- Peregrine Drake + Riku of Two Reflections
- Illusionist's Bracers + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Rite of Replication
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Warp
- Riku of Two Reflections + Eternal Witness + Time Stretch
- Riku of Two Reflections + Capture of Jingzhou + Eternal Witness
- Recollect + Riku of Two Reflections + Walk the Aeons
- Filigree Sages + Riku of Two Reflections + Strionic Resonator
- Conjurer's Closet + Nephalia Smuggler + Riku of Two Reflections