Riku of Two Reflections
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or a sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Riku of Two Reflections Discussion
6 days ago
I agree with you on both points, the instant speed prior to your turn starting is a way better option and the no mana phyrexian just makes it even sweeter. I hadn't thought about the response to a graveyard removal (super crappy on a recursion basis) and the awesome political ability of that card to be used on another player.
Wow I just read through the comments before me and I am flabbergasted. This deck looks like so much fun, and I like that there are multiple combos that work together.
What is your favorite removal in this deck? I play a fairly competitive (not $3,500 foil competitive) meta so I have to think about both "doing something" and "stopping them from doing something"
I already have a LOT of the individual pieces, including Kamahl and Elesh Norn who I've been dying to use in a deck (was considering a white weenie deck but this is way more enticing), plus I want to get away from using Blue (Last 3 commanders were Oloro, the Ageless Aesthetic, Riku of Two Reflections, and Jhoira of the Ghitu.
1 week ago
A few has given their opinions, but I'm still curious: Does anybody think a 5-color build with a lot of these cards would be possible? Doran and Fumiko to affect everybody's creatures, Collective Voyage, Tempt with Discovery and Zedruu for some group hug and card draw, Riku of Two Reflections and/or Roon of the Hidden Realm and/or Brago, King Eternal for some ETB-shenanigans, and I can give away creatures with Zedruu after they've had their effect + steal them back again. Probably a challenging deck to build, but I think all games would be radically different from the previous.
1 week ago
Some commanders force you - and sometimes everybody else in the game - to play in a radically different way and affect the board state in really interresting ways. Examples:
Doran, the Siege Tower affect all the decks on the table.
Zedruu the Greathearted looks like a really fun way to either play some political group hug and/or to give opponents bad permanents like Bronze Bombshell.
Land decks (like Xira Arien AggroLoam or Child of Alara) requires unconventional deckbuilding and original win-cons.
Spellslinger-decks (like Spellslinger Riku of Two Reflections) with 50+ spells.
If you were to build a deck with an alternative playstyle, what do you think would be the most fun?
1 week ago
Here's my list of EDH commanders that have political potential by color, if anyone is interested. Keep in mind that any deck can build political elements in them (I find them especially useful/fun in Voltron builds). These commanders are just useful if you want to go all-in. The numbers in parenthesis refers to the political cobditions they satisfy.
Assessment of EDH Generals by Poltical Viability:
1. Zedruu the Greathearted - (5)
2. Zur the Enchanter - Can fetch a great deal of political cards because many of them are enchantments.
3. Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts - (2)
4. Sen Triplets - (4)
5. Selvala, Explorer Returned - (5)
6. Saffi Eriksdotter - (5)
7. Roon of the Hidden Realm - (2)
8. Phelddagrif - King of (5)
9. Isperia, Supreme Judge - (2)
10. Hanna, Ship's Navigator - Same as Zur, presents less of a threat.
11. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - (1),(2).
12. Gahiji, Honored One - (1)
13. Derevi, Empyrial Tactician - Is resilient enough to deter attack (2) and can also devastate the defenses of an opponent by tapping all of his creatures (1). Can also, in a limited sense, invite opponents to reuse tap effects that favor you (5).
14. Daxos of Meletis - It's just flavorful to steal stuff in a politics deck, similar to Thada, Adel.
15. Captain Sisay - She has potential to find just the Legendary you need to craft a battlefield the way you want it.
16. Riku of Two Reflections - Take any of the above cards that are Instants, Sorceries, or Creatures and double them.
1. Yosei, the Morning Star - (3)
2. Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo - (2)
3. Masako the Humorless - (2)
4. Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker - (2)
5. Mangara of Corondor - (3)
6. Major Teroh - (3) Ironically allies you with any Black players more strongly than any other cards I've seen. Just say you won't activate unless he attacks you.
7. Lieutenant Kirtar - (3)
Mageta the Lion - (3)
8. Heliod, God of the Sun - (2)
9. Eight-and-a-Half-Tails - (2)
10. Commander Eesha - (2)
11. Avacyn, Guardian Angel - (2), (5).
12. Akroma, Angel of Wrath - (4)
1. Zhou Yu, Chief Commander - An odd choice, but limiting the amount of opponents you can attack is sometimes politically viable. It means you can focus one player. Then, when he's dead, you can Spreading Seas the next guy. Being able to opponents one one-by-one like this is the essence of political Voltron (4)
2. Thada Adel, Acquisitor - Same reason as Zhou Yu, general utility.
3. Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Makes your opponents more vulnerable to attack. (1),(6)
4. Keiga, the Tide Star - If someone attacks you or kills it, they have to be ready to lose something of value.
5. Braids, Conjurer Adept - Can weigh the field down with fat threats which are the raw material for your manipulation. (5)
6. Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor - Can be used as a threat (3) or to make an opponent's blockers go away (1).
1. Akroma, Angel of Fury - Same reason as Zhou Yu. Some players will hate it more than others (4)
2. Ashling the Pilgrim - Advertised threat (3)
3. Urabrask the Hidden - Makes opponents have fewer blockers (1)
4. Starke of Rath - Targeted hug (5)
5. Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs - Reduces your viability as target (2)
6. Jaya Ballard, Task Mage - Kills one type of player (4), can be used as threat (3)
7. Heartless Hidetsugu - Can look at this as a hug effect (5)
8. Fumiko the Lowblood - The definition of (4)
9. Diaochan, Artful Beauty - (5)
3 weeks ago
Ok, so looking around I think I have found some generals that seem interesting to work with. first: Riku of Two Reflections would be interesting to be able to make cheap copies of spells or creatures. Another I thought would be fun to work with would be Sen Triplets so i would be able to stop them playing things on my turn and have possibilities to take some of their cards too. I also love to try to mill people out too so Oona, Queen of the Fae seems like an interesting option to try. Any opinions on these and how well they would work in this style of deck?
4 weeks ago
My Maelstrom Wanderer deck runs a lot of clone effects, most notably Progenitor Mimic. Add in Deadeye Navigator and Riku of Two Reflections... AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER AVENGER... land.
1 month ago
I want to build an EDH deck that focuses on using lands for more than just mana. My first thought was Borborygmos Enraged, but I'm hardly a Gruul player. I love green, but if I play red, it's always a minor color. I then thought of adding blue and using Maelstrom Wanderer and Riku of Two Reflections. However, I'm stuck beyond the initial concept.
What can I do with lands? I figure I'll be running lots of ramp and mana acceleration, but what do I accelerate into? A three color, and even two color EDH deck isn't great for Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle, but Scapeshift isn't bad. Stasis? I want to avoid going infinite as well. Is there anything worth doing with this?
1 month ago
Dude ZombieCat thanks for the +1 man I took this deck to my play group and went 4-1, I even wipe the floor against Edric, Spymaster of Trest and Riku of Two Reflections I think this deck is pretty good a few more play tests to check for any weak links and I'll be satisfied, again thanks for the +1 ZombieCat!
|Power / Toughness||2/2|
|Color(s)||Red Blue Green|
|Avg. cube pick||11.96|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
- Purphoros, God of the Forge + Riku of Two Reflections
- Palinchron + Riku of Two Reflections
- Riku of Two Reflections + Worldgorger Dragon
- Flametongue Kavu + Riku of Two Reflections
- Parallel Lives + Riku of Two Reflections
- Fireball + Riku of Two Reflections
- Intet, the Dreamer + Riku of Two Reflections
- Biovisionary + Crystal Shard + Riku of Two Reflections