|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Treefolk
Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
When Deadwood Treefolk enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Deadwood Treefolk Discussion
1 month ago
If you don't mind using an infinite combo, Palinchron would be a good add (though a little pricy, around $25). Can give you infinite mana with Deadeye Navigator, or infinite mana and Palinchron copies with Riku.
You can check out my deck if you'd like: Riku of the Infinite ETB Triggers
2 months ago
I'm seeing some nice overlap with Matt's new deck, Animar the Smashy. Glad we're gonna be seeing some big ole creatures in the meta now!
Just because this deck is Gruul, I want to put Contested Cliffs on your radar too. You've only got one beast at the moment, but keep it in mind!
4 months ago
Sure here is some for reanimation:
6 months ago
There are decent ideas and I'm happy you decided to make your first deck a Treefolk brew. There are however quite alot to work on here even if it's meant just for casual games. I don't know if you've ever looked into any deck building guides, but you mana curve is really important to be in line with your lands and ramp. Now your curve is super dependant on LUCK, which is not great. Unless you have consistent ways to cheat out your excessive amounts of 6 drops, you shouldn't have that many or they will clog your hand. I'll list a few semi-budget changes that will help.
Go up to full playset on Treefolk Harbinger, cause it tutors up any creature you need from your deck and that allows you to go down on the quantity of big threats.
Emerald Medallion is nice on mono color, but the heavyness really calls for more Bosk Bannerets or Medallions. Medallion is better when it's in your opening hand, since it drops topdecked Bosk to a 1-drop, but Bosk is tutorable with Harbinger (Might not matter which you run more of, so go with your gut.)
These couple swaps helps with consistency:
You don't need full playsets of any big drops if you go with 4 Harbingers.
All the greatest treefolks are ridiculously expensive, but if you ever want to invest little by little and keep your Tribal/Zoo theme, I suggest looking into my primer here Treefolkdancing my way to competitive scene!.
7 months ago
Ik heb nog wat kaarten voor je die je mss wel interessant vindt:
- Sapling of Colfenor
- Deadwood Treefolk
- Dragonlord Dromoka
- Indomitable Ancients
- Marble Titan
- Oathsworn Giant
- Gravity Well
Ik speel nog wel meer andere kaarten. Deze doen het goed icm onze commander.
8 months ago
I am always willing to help new and established deckbuilders evolve and finetune their decks. I play a Doran too, which is still on private, cause my meta likes to see how I build it :p
I looked at your list and I came up with the following suggestions you might want to consider:
- Courser of Kruphix
- Dauntless Dourbark
- Deadwood Treefolk
- Deathrite Shaman
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
- Forgotten Ancient
- Reach of Branches
- Behind the Scenes
- True Conviction
If you need more help on this deck or any other Commander project, then give me a headsup on my wall :) Just click my name and post something on there.
It is always great to recieve an upvote on my favourite deck, which you can see here. Just click the 'Upvote' button on the left if you like what you see.
Enjoy the game!
9 months ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
11 months ago
Meren of Clan Nel Toth and Ezuri, Claw of Progress might make good additions to your deck. Brawn and Wonder both make great cards to discard or let Sidisi, Brood Tyrant mill and get their abilities.Morbid Curiosity with some of your Grave Pact type of cards could mean a great value. Novijen, Heart of Progress seems like good deck tech. High Market is a good way for you to get a little life back. Blighted Woodland is actually better than it looks. Perpetual Timepiece helps with your self mill. Elixir of Immortality in case you go too hard on the self mill. The Gitrog Monster because he's annoying af. Nyx Weaver more graveyard manipulation. Massacre Wurm is good. Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord possible win con. Gisa and Geralf need to be able to use your graveyard as a resource. Zombie Apocalypse. Deadbridge Chant let's you use your graveyard as resource.Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so good. Risen Executioner another buff on a stick. Splinterfright more self mill. Evanescent Intellect let's sidisi mill without swinging. Extractor Demon could give you self mill your help you mill out an opponent.Mirror-Mad Phantasm and Hermit Druid both synergize well with sidisi. Laboratory Maniac as a safety net if you go too hard. Empty the Pits 4 mana plus your whole graveyard at an opponents end step could be stupid crazy. Eternal Witness grabbing what you need from your graveyard. Blood Artist makes all of those toekns even scarier as they are 2 point swings no matter what. Mesmeric Orb just have everyone mill. See the Unwritten this could do some work for you. Pharika's Mender another way to grab something from your graveyard. Deadwood Treefolk same as last card. Phyrexian Reclamation. Dig Through Time. Recollect. Praetor's Counsel all make your graveyard resource. Cellar Door. Eldrazi Monument. Distant Melody.Gaea's Blessing. Jarad's Orders.Unbreathing Horde. Lich Lord of Unx.