Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Rogue
When Master Thief enters the battlefield, gain control of target artifact for as long as you control Master Thief.
thefiresoflurve on my first deck idea
1 month ago
Welcome to EDH! It's a super fun game mode : )
The deck looks really solid as-is! One thing I noticed: Edge of the Divinity is technically illegal, since it has a symbol and your commander's identity isn't white.
A couple replacements I might make: Master Thief -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor. What's better than taking an artifact until your creature leaves? Taking an artifact permanently. Go forth and steal everyone's Sol Rings.
Alhammarret's Archive -> Notion Thief. I think Notion Thief fits the theme a bit better, and losing out on double draw is probably worth also denying bonus draws from something like Rhystic Study or Pull from Tomorrow, especially since you don't have many ways to deal with enchantments or artifacts.
Alley Strangler -> Opposition Agent. There are too many tutors in EDH. It's time to make people think twice before casting that Imperial Seal.
Good luck, and have fun!
multimedia on Budget Sneak Attack Precon Upgrade
1 year ago
Hey, good start, well done upgrading the precon on a budget. For your first deck you have good card sense already. Most of my card suggestions to consider are $1 or less each. Some overall advice is to consider lowing the mana curve which will reduce the avg. CMC of your deck which is currently high at 3.4. By lowing the mana curve then you can potentially play more Rogues quicker to have more of a board presence when you cast Anowon.
There's an infinite opponent mill combo with Mindcrank. Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank + effect to make each opponent mill a card. For three mana this combo makes all your opponents mill the rest of their libraries and each opponent loses life equal to the amount of cards they had left in their libraries.
Consider a few more one drop Rogues who have evasion to help them to do combat damage to a player?
By adding more one drop Rogues then you have more chances to potentially control more Rogues before you cast Anowon. Spells that only cost one mana are great in Commander letting you more easily cast more than one spell a turn or cast a spell on your turn and leave up lands/mana for instant opponent interaction.
Some other one drops to consider:
Anowon with Rogues is all about attacking. Consider more effects to take advantage of attacking and doing combat damage to opponents?
- Krydle of Baldur's Gate: Rogue with combat damage to player trigger, also repeatable to make Anowon, itself or another creature you control unblockable, for two mana.
- Hoard Robber: Rogue who can create repeatable ramp with treasures.
- Reconnaissance Mission: draw a card for each creature who does combat damage to a player.
- Key to the City: repeatable unblockable by discarding a card and it can be repeatable draw once on your turn for two mana.
- Zephyr Boots
- Sigil of Sleep
Anowon lacks evasion and with base 2/4 stats it could be difficult for him to do combat damage to a player. By adding more cards that can repeatedly give him or other creatures you control evasion or unblockable then he can do more combat damage to opponents.
Some budget land upgrades replacing some basic lands to consider:
- Secluded Courtyard: new card from NEO set, it will most likely come down in price. Another tribal land that ETB untapped and bonus is you can use mana from it to activate an ability of a tribal creature.
- Choked Estuary: another Dimir dual land that can ETB untapped if you also have in your hand an Island or Swamp land to reveal.
- Path of Ancestry: ETB tapped Dimir land, but worth it for tribal since any Rogue you cast with it you scry 1.
- Access Tunnel: another land that can make a creature unblockable.
Some cuts to consider are first some lands to add more one drop Rogues? 38 lands is high, by cutting two lands for a couple of one drops won't effect consistency of drawing lands that much while the one drops can give you more.
Some other cards to consider cutting in order: Dimir Locket, Didn't Say Please, Fractured Sanity, Fated Return, Rise from the Grave, Murder, Ogre Slumlord, Master Thief, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Adaptive Automaton.
If you're interested in any of these suggestions then let me know which ones and I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
Pellaeon on Customized Sneak Attack
1 year ago
added Sword of Hearth and Home , Blighted Agent and Inkfathom Infiltrator removed Bonehoard , Whirler Rogue and Master Thief
Tyrant-Thanatos on Decks you want to make...
2 years ago
Idk about decks I want to make, but I definitely have built a few that I don't play frequently for the same reason. Nekusar is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. Wheels always have been for me since I pulled a Teferi's Puzzle Box back when I was brand new. I remember never really understanding why all my friends hated it lmao.
And then there's theft. My guilty favorite form of removal is to turn them against their owners. It always feels so awful though. I've actively gone hunting for theft effects that "feel less bad". There's not a lot of them... but I do enjoy me a good Abduction, Soul Ransom, or Master Thief. There was definitely a period of time in my playgroup that I was rightfully persecuted as "the Treachery guy".
Tonylord on Izzet mine now?
2 years ago
Would certainly be nice to add some of those,
Hellkite Courser Amphin Mutineer Siren of the Fanged Coast Master Thief Reins of Power Aethersnatch Mob Rule Corrupted Conscience The Akroan War The Mirari Conjecture
bobdaduck on Rogue's Paradise
2 years ago
EDHable rogue creatures, depending on what your deck does (some like Nephalia Smuggler need other creatures built around it:
not sorted by $$$ price
Ghostly Pilferer Gonti, Lord of Luxury Glasspool Mimic Flip Guildpact Informant Master Thief Moonlit Scavengers Neurok Commando Nephalia Smuggler Nezumi Graverobber Nighthawk Scavenger Opposition Agent Brazen Borrower Rankle, Master of Pranks Sakashima the Impostor Sygg, River Cutthroat Thada Adel, Acquisitor Thieves' Guild Enforcer Notion Thief Thieving Skydiver Tinybones, Trinket Thief Undercity Informer Zareth San, the Trickster Ogre Slumlord
And here's some alternate commander ideas or maybe some might compliment nice in your rogue deck Circu, Dimir Lobotomist Oona, Queen of the Fae Skeleton Ship Szadek, Lord of Secrets The Scarab God Wrexial, the Risen Deep
VorelNailo on Milling Gone Rogue (Precon Upgrade Guide)[PRIMER]
2 years ago
wgoms: Yes, Marang River Prowler is in most ways better than Deathcult Rogue and a good addition.
Earwig Squad is annoying and can shut down combo decks, but has no synergy with the rest of the deck other than it's a rogue.
Thada Adel, Acquisitor can be very salty and combo-y, and I have no artifact combo decks in my playgroup.
Thieving Skydiver is too inconsistent.
Rootwater Thief is an interesting find! Seeing it errated to a Merfolk Rogue is new. Again, it doesn't really synergize with the deck.
Master Thief is again, inconsistent.
Agent of Treachery used to be in the deck, but was traded to Goblin_Guide (for use in deck:The Lord of Options | Atris EDH Primer, check it out) in exchange for a Coat of Arms.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury didn't make the cut; I respect him as a commander, but don't want him in the 99.
I like your ideas about doing multiple sub-themes within the Rogue-tribal theme. I am attempting to do this by utilizing several straight-mill cards (Fleet Swallower, Traumatize, Keening Stone, and eventually the new one from ZR), as these synergize with our commander, and allow us to win either through damage or milling. Thank you for your interest in the deck! Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
2 years ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)