Anowon, the Ruin Thief
Legendary Creature — Vampire Rogue
Other Rogues you control get +1/+1.
Whenever one or more Rogues you control deal combat damage to a player, that player mills a card for each 1 damage dealt to them. If the player mills at least one creature card this way, you draw a card. (To mill a card, a player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Anowon, the Ruin Thief Discussion
1 month ago
Anowon, the Ruin Thief is really fun. You fill up the deck with cheap unblockable creatures and draw cards. Some removal to get rid if key threats. Mindcrank and Bruvac the Grandiloquent can do silly things
4 months ago
It depends on what kind of deck you prefer. I currently have 4 Commander decks and building my fifth. All with very different themes. But i can List the Commanders:
5 months ago
king-saproling also I would rather prefer to focus more on tempo rogues than reanimation or miling. So that is why I for now picked those rogues which are cheap.
As for win card I selected Consuming Aberration or Maddening Cacophony + Anowon, the Ruin Thief ability with unblock-able rogues. I've also put a lot of "removal" or "returning" spells, so I can defend.
7 months ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
7 months ago
How exactly does Anowon, the Ruin Thief 's Mil effect work with Rest in Peace ? I'm assuming the person who takes dmg still mills the cards, but they're put into exile instead. Does he still draw a card if a creature is ''milled'' or does it not count as being milled since milling specifically states that it is put into the graveyard.
7 months ago
What kind of meta are you playing in now? And what kind of help are you looking for?
I started off with a lot of big mill cards and have been looking for lower CMC replacements. Good luck with your build!
7 months ago
Thada Adel, Acquisitor. Massive ramp as she plays every Sol Ring in the game. Might be too expensive though.
Octopus Umbra is a nice buff and it takes out a blocker.
Is Anowon, the Ruin Thief your commander? You didn't say.