Creature — Merfolk Rogue
Kicker . X can't be 0. (You may pay an additional as you cast this spell.)
When Thieving Skydiver enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, gain control of target artifact with converted mana cost X or less. If that artifact is an Equipment, attach it to Thieving Skydiver.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Thieving Skydiver occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Thieving Skydiver Discussion
1 month ago
- Replace Murmuring Mystic with Silent-Blade Oni
- Replace Soul Manipulation with Arcane Adaptation
- Replace Merfolk Windrobber with Thieving Skydiver
- Replace Island with Clearwater Pathway Flip
- Replace Island with Sea Gate Restoration Flip
I may drop the fetches for basics and look for room for Throatseeker.
aleckkozak on Ezuri
2 months ago
2 months ago
EDHable rogue creatures, depending on what your deck does (some like Nephalia Smuggler need other creatures built around it:
not sorted by $$$ price
Ghostly Pilferer Gonti, Lord of Luxury Glasspool Mimic Flip Guildpact Informant Master Thief Moonlit Scavengers Neurok Commando Nephalia Smuggler Nezumi Graverobber Nighthawk Scavenger Opposition Agent Brazen Borrower Rankle, Master of Pranks Sakashima the Impostor Sygg, River Cutthroat Thada Adel, Acquisitor Thieves' Guild Enforcer Notion Thief Thieving Skydiver Tinybones, Trinket Thief Undercity Informer Zareth San, the Trickster Ogre Slumlord
And here's some alternate commander ideas or maybe some might compliment nice in your rogue deck Circu, Dimir Lobotomist Oona, Queen of the Fae Skeleton Ship Szadek, Lord of Secrets The Scarab God Wrexial, the Risen Deep
3 months ago
As far as rogues from Zendikar Rising:
Nimble Trapfinder is nice, but I will never get the full party card-draw, so it's a bit underwhelming.
Nighthawk Scavenger is a little outside of my price range, but a very nice ability.
Thieving Skydiver is likewise a little pricey, and no one in my playgroup currently runs any artifacts aside from mana rocks, eggs, and combo pieces.
Shadow Stinger likewise, and while deathtouch is nice, it's not unblockable.
3 months ago
These are the cards I'm going to buy next and slot into this deck: Oko, Thief of Crowns, Veil of Summer, Spark Double, Waterlogged Grove, Rejuvenating Springs, Thieving Skydiver, Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Tangled Florahedron Flip, Apex Devastator.
4 months ago
Earwig Squad is annoying and can shut down combo decks, but has no synergy with the rest of the deck other than it's a rogue.
Thada Adel, Acquisitor can be very salty and combo-y, and I have no artifact combo decks in my playgroup.
Thieving Skydiver is too inconsistent.
Rootwater Thief is an interesting find! Seeing it errated to a Merfolk Rogue is new. Again, it doesn't really synergize with the deck.
Master Thief is again, inconsistent.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury didn't make the cut; I respect him as a commander, but don't want him in the 99.
I like your ideas about doing multiple sub-themes within the Rogue-tribal theme. I am attempting to do this by utilizing several straight-mill cards (Fleet Swallower, Traumatize, Keening Stone, and eventually the new one from ZR), as these synergize with our commander, and allow us to win either through damage or milling. Thank you for your interest in the deck! Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
4 months ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
4 months ago
VampDemigod The cards I just pulled out of my collection for the deck so far are, Sol Ring, Narset's Reversal, Reality Shift, Trailblazer's Boots, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Thieving Skydiver, Expel from Orazca, Tale's End, Entrancing Melody, Fact or Fiction, Clever Impersonator, Tezzeret, Artifice Master, Rogue's Passage, Castle Vantress, and Scavenger Grounds What do you think?