Tinybones, Trinket Thief
Legendary Creature — Skeleton Rogue
At the beginning of each end step, if an opponent discarded a card this turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.
[[symbol:4]: Each opponent with no cards in hand loses 10 life.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tinybones, Trinket Thief occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Tinybones, Trinket Thief Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
If you want to capitalize on opponents having no cards in hand, Tinybones, Trinket Thief may go well in here. His 6mc activated ability can easily end the game early, plus you get lots of extra card draw. I would love to make a deck similar to this with tegrid as my commander.
2 weeks ago
I think you should go Nath of the Gilt-Leaf with staxs just like Tinybones, Trinket Thief I think he is better in the 99 of Nath than he is as a commander. Getting the discard and creating tokens since you are getting only a 1/1 elf no one going to think munch initially until you start locking them out.
Then you use more mana dorks and land ramp over artifact.
I mean there are lots of option depending on power level of the group and budget.
That is my suggestion as a commander to slide her into
1 month ago
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
2 months ago
2020 has been a low year for me (and I'm sure many others) in Magic. I started playing back in '98, then kinda fell off as I got older. I picked it up really again in college, when I learned about EDH. I had been playing weekly until this year put a stop to that (for obvious reasons).
I was really hoping the "Year of Commander" would give me enough brewing ideas to see me through until our local LGS opened up again. Unfortunately nothing really peaked my interest all year, save two exceptions: Tinybones, Trinket Thief and Belbe, Corrupted Observer.
I've tried building discard EDH in the past, and the commander was always the weakest part. I tried The Haunt of Hightower, but it was just too vulnerable and expensive. Enter Tinybones, Trinket Thief, and I was like "Yeah, that's what I am talking about!" Then, the supply issue and apparent high demand for the card pushed it to a point where I was more like, "It's good, but not $60+ good!" I'm glad to see the price has come down, still seems a bit pricey for what I consider a pretty janky concept for EDH.
Belbe, Corrupted Observer peaked my interest once she was spoiled. Her ability seems so breakable, but I was never able to come up with any list that really satisfied me. It's kind of a weird ability for Golgari (it feels really red IMO), and I wouldn't mind seeing how you would approach that!
Well this is getting a bit long, and I'm breaking my own rule of keeping it short and sweet. I look forward to seeing what you build!
2 months ago
EDHable rogue creatures, depending on what your deck does (some like Nephalia Smuggler need other creatures built around it:
not sorted by $$$ price
Ghostly Pilferer Gonti, Lord of Luxury Glasspool Mimic Flip Guildpact Informant Master Thief Moonlit Scavengers Neurok Commando Nephalia Smuggler Nezumi Graverobber Nighthawk Scavenger Opposition Agent Brazen Borrower Rankle, Master of Pranks Sakashima the Impostor Sygg, River Cutthroat Thada Adel, Acquisitor Thieves' Guild Enforcer Notion Thief Thieving Skydiver Tinybones, Trinket Thief Undercity Informer Zareth San, the Trickster Ogre Slumlord
And here's some alternate commander ideas or maybe some might compliment nice in your rogue deck Circu, Dimir Lobotomist Oona, Queen of the Fae Skeleton Ship Szadek, Lord of Secrets The Scarab God Wrexial, the Risen Deep
2 months ago
What are your thoughts on Tinybones, Trinket Thief?
4 months ago
A secondary theme for the deck could also revolve around Tinybones, Trinket Thief and a few discard spells. +1 though. Cheers!