Creature — Merfolk Rogue
Tap another untapped Rogue you control: Sure-Footed Infiltrator can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever Sure-Footed Infiltrator deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sure-Footed Infiltrator Discussion
3 months ago
One cost pays for one effect. In your example, tapping, say, one Soaring Thought-Thief to activate this ability would make exactly one Sure-Footed Infiltrator unblockable. You need to tap other Rogues to make other unblockable (barring the use of other cards, like Lithoform Engine ).
3 months ago
I have a question about how a single trigger would affect multiple creatures with that trigger. Would I need to meet the trigger event for each creature individually? It came up with Sure-Footed Infiltrator . If I have 2+ on the battlefield and tap a single rogue does only one of the infiltrators become unblockable? All of them?
8 months ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
9 months ago
Love the list. A few things to consider.
First of all you have a mill strategy, make sure you have enough graveyard hate to handle graveyard decks.
Second, the expensive card I need to mention Bitterblossom
Ok, real feedback:
When I am turning my creatures sideways a lot I like Dolmen Gate
Since you are tribal, Cover of Darkness, Door of Destinies and Vanquisher's Banner might be nice inclusions. You a few tribal pieces, but I wonder if cost reduction is more important than other synergies.
Whirler Rogue and Sure-Footed Infiltrator seem like they might be weaker than the other rogues in this deck. They might be okay, but my feeling is they might be the rogues you cut. May I suggest: Dunerider Outlaw is a lot better than you might think. Ghostly Pilferer seems commander friendly. Also a not so budget friendly True-Name Nemesis, but money is a thing.
10 months ago
Another rogue deck! Awesome!
Although I loathe countermagic, I'm really rooting for Rogues to become a tier deck in the new meta. A lot of fun stuff going on. Few suggestions for the deck:
Red seems very cuttable, as the Dimir rogues are plenty good and have the best synergy. Adding a third color also makes your mana base A LOT worse and less budget friendly (if a budget deck is what you're going for).
Consider adding Drown in the Loch over Feed the Swarm - it'll almost always be online for both removal and countering. It seems like a perfect fit for this deck. Given that most of the rogues have flash, not having to play your removal on your own turn also makes them a lot better. Actually, having as much of your interaction as possible be instant speed generally works wonders in a flash-y deck.
If you're going for a budget version, then I can see why you're not playing the full playset of Brazen Borrower. But I'm pretty sure you won't regret adding the last 2x Merfolk Windrobber. It's an evasive 1-drop that fuels the opp's yard for Thieves' Guild Enforcer and Soaring Thought-Thief AND it even turns into a new card later on, when the work's done or you want a good chump block.
I think Sure-Footed Infiltrator is too expensive for what it does and it doesn't really add much to the tempo plan. Zareth San, the Trickster should also be less than $1 and he's definitely an upgrade.
Hope that helps. Good luck with the brew!