Choose two —
- Counter target noncreature spell.
- Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
- Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
- Destroy target planeswalker.
|Have (2)||IcyLightning , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Silumgar's Command Discussion
6 months ago
Silumgar's Command is good at planeswalkers
8 months ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
11 months ago
zapyourtumor thanks for your suggestions! So Sultai Charm is a bit too colorintensive for what it does, albeit being versatile. Windgrace's Judgment I don't have, and Silumgar's Command I will need to try. The other cards are being played, I just tend to mix them up. Force of Despair for example is a supernice card and already has a home in my "All Nicol Bolas flavor" deck. Thanks again and have a nice day :)
11 months ago
Some controlly card suggestions: Sultai Charm (noice and versatile, plus it fits flavor), Miscast, Putrefy, Windgrace's Judgment, Force of Despair, Silumgar's Command (how could you not have this bad boy??), Ultimate Price (fits theme but not quite as good in edh)
11 months ago
I just started updating this again. I would consider adding some Glimpse the Unthinkable to it, and maybe cut out the Thada Adel, Acquisitor. Silumgar's Command is a big maybe. I dunno. I could also add Sadistic Sacrament or up the number of Surgical Extraction involved.
1 year ago
hi just spotted this list, was running a similar list for a while, even top3 a few fnm with it Snow Esper Control (budget) i highly recommend more flash and instant speed creatures such as, gearhulk into a guile, fact, Silumgar's Command(this card was the secret to the decks success, having kill and plainswalker with -3 or bounce anything was most often the used mods) this package gave the deck a lot more flexibility and stopping power and many meta decks are no longer built to repel more old fashioned esper draw go.
honestly id drop inquisition, as its 1-1 and you just boardwipe/counter there early threats, maybe if you were leaning hard on Drown in the Loch (also very good card and i do recommend)
i may have to do a major rethink in my own build now as astrolabe was a big part of the deck, (marit lages slumber was normally a turn 7-8 thread and scry-draw from a astrolabe with a slumber on the field was really strong, Silumgar's Command was able to bounce it for value and as long as i did not run double same colored mana i was able to lean very heavily into snow basics without much of a penalty, turn three -5 from dead of winter is going to be much rarer as well)
1 year ago
Vela the Night-Clad - Duskmantle Seer - Notion Thief - Silent-Blade Oni - Shadowmage Infiltrator - Extract from Darkness - Memory Plunder - Silumgar's Command - Flooded Woodlands - Diabolic Vision - Perplex - Forbidden Alchemy - Mystical Teachings - Psychic Strike - Soul Manipulation - Rags / Riches
1 year ago
I have never found Pull from Tomorrow type cards to be very good, they need way too much mana. Speaking of too much mana, consider this! For everything 5 mana and more, to what extent does it help you to win you the game? How much of a threat will you be to the table? Will you be able to win that turn or the next turn, is there a clock? Maybe that Silumgar's Command isn't too good by these standards, and I'm not convinced The Mimeoplasm deserves a slot. Spelltwine is cool, but this deck doesn't strike me as one where this would help you achieve victory.
My major criticism is that you aren't ramping hard enough to pull this off in a devastating way. it seems to me that the way to getting more creatures out is to draw more from Damia, but of course you aren't getting her out early game, so you end up playing from the hand and running out of things. I am thinking of either Gilded Lotus, or Thran Dynamo. Are you aware of Nature's Lore and Farseek, they can pull up dual lands that have those land types i.e. Zagoth Triome. You probably also need some draw for before Damia, like maybe you could do Elemental Bond style effects to improve that? Of course there is also Mystic Remora. Also if there aren't enough creatures coming out, is the recursion you have that valuable; why not try to just draw more cards, it doesn't seem like you need any particular cards that badly or you would be running tutors?
Sorry for the long post! I like the deck, I always thought copying other people's stuff would be a cool way of playing!!