Whenever a creature you control becomes blocked, you may return it to its owner's hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Cunning Evasion Discussion
1 month ago
Devour Intellect: more neat design space, especially with actual nontoken Treasure cards in mind.
Gelatinous Ooze: Neat flavor and all but is this really Rare-worthy? Some bleed of something white-associated too.
Grazilaxx: Cunning Evasion & Coastal Piracy stapled together on legs, and it can be a commander? Not bad at all, tho I'm kinda disappointed Illithids didn't get their own creature type. Oh well, more for future Horror tribal I guess. (Also, this guy is True Neutral apparently? Guess eating people's brains and collaborating with soul-consuming liches isn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things.)
Werewolf Pack Leader: Midnight Hunt lets goooooooooooo
4 months ago
Mana Maze is kind of a cute stax card that trips up a lot of decks but won't really affect you as morph is colourless on the stack. Cryptolith Rite is antoher great card for Kadena that helps your vanilla 2/2s do a little more.
I would highly suggest taking out Muraganda Petroglyphs . This effect is symmetrical and tokens don't have text on them so they receive this buff which makes it dangerous to play. A lot of green decks have an Avenger of Zendikar lurking somewhere in the 99 that will clean your clock quickly.
Instead of Crystal Shard I suggest you run Cunning Evasion . This lets you play mind games with the opponents by using the combat step as a way to reset your morph creatures. It either makes them unblockable or you get to morph the creature in response to the block being declared which lets you recycle the creature. It also makes Ixidron a headache for opponents to maneuver around as they don't want to put it back in your hand by blocking it but they also don't want to take 10+ damage by not blocking.
6 months ago
The deck is looking pretty good. I like the creature base you have chosen, there are a couple questionable creatures though. Cloudreader Sphinx seems kind of bad in this deck. If you just want a flying scryer, perhaps Sphinx of Foresight, Prognostic Sphinx, Stormwing Entity, or Siani, Eye of the Storm.
Passwall Adept is just not good enough. its too much of a resource drain. Opt is not helpful in this deck since you immediately draw the card after scrying. Cunning Evasion wont do much good I am thinking since most of your creatures wont be blocked anyway.
In my opinion, you need a few less low CMC cards and a few more high CMC that you can use to get Yuriko damage in. For cuts, I would start by looking at any creatures that cost CMC 2/3 that dont provide value other than being unblockable (Invisible Stalker, Vault Skirge (love that card btw). I would then look at replacing sorceries with instants where possible. Darksteel Pendant and Crystal Ball are not good enough in my opinion and are too much of a resource investment unless there is some sort of artifact strategy I am missing. Dimir Keyrune provides interesting utility but is inefficient. Consider Arcane Signet instead or perhaps even Dark Ritual. Thran Dynamo is fairly efficient for cost to mana provided but it seems most of your mana needs are for color. Key to the City is for yuriko after she is out I assume.. I would probably run Aqueous Form instead because it has a scry effect on attack which is pretty desirable.
Here are some cards to consider in not much particular order:
Chromatic Orrery (high cmc and provides a lot of mana)
Chain of Vapor (way to return a card to hand as well as an opponents card or cards)
Archaeomancer (can get brainstorm back and can be returned to hand with ninjitsu potentially)
Scroll Rack (spendy but so good)
Trickery Charm (does multiple things you want)
Grozoth (requires you to build around it to be worthwhile but can be good)
9 months ago
I also have the deck and am thinking about upgrading it. Your curve is a bit off. You want more 3 CMC cards, and cut down on higher CMC costs since you're not in green and ramping is not too easy to achieve. Though you have a decent amount of ramp with the artifacts.
Some things I would consider changing:
- Worn Powerstone -> Commander's Sphere for faster ramp.
- Bonehoard -> Mindcrank for even more milling.
- Latchkey Faerie -> Glen Elendra Liege to pump all your creatures even more.
- Command the Dreadhorde -> Ponder I think there's a good number of cards that let you get stuff from opponents, so more draw is never bad.
- Sure-Footed Infiltrator -> Reconnaissance Mission straight up more draw for the same mana cost.
- Silumgar's Command -> Brainstorm more draw.
- Distant Melody -> Arcane Adaptation turn all your other creatures into rogues, pump them with Anowon, the Ruin Thief and get even more mill!
- Master Thief -> Thieving Skydiver let's you attach equipment for free as well.
- Whirler Rogue -> Thada Adel, Acquisitor for more stealing.
- Fated Return -> Cunning Evasion I think this should work with Zareth San, the Trickster if he becomes blocked and you have an unblocked creature, plus it can save your other creatures.
- Fact or Fiction -> Memory Plunder you should have enough draw with these cards, so casting stuff for free from an opponent's graveyard is awesome.
- Obelisk of Urd -> Adaptive Automaton so you don't have to tap your creatures to cast the Obelisk, plus you get another rogue. If your budget is higher you can go for Metallic Mimic.
I think that's all I can think of, hope it helps :)
1 year ago
Your deck looks interesting ! I will try a ninja deck soon so I'll probably take some ideas from your list.
Also since I have too cards from modern horizons I will give a try with Cunning Evasion.
1 year ago
1 year ago
You could consider Cunning Evasion as a way to recast creatures. It's not the best, I know, but it's a pet card of mine. It's a very easy card to use to form symbiotic relationships.