Feather, the Redeemed
Legendary Creature — Angel
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a creature you control, exile that card instead of putting it into your graveyard as it resolves. If you do, return it to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
Combos Browse all
- Feather, the Redeemed + Magnetic Theft
- Feather, the Redeemed + Lightning Bolt + Swans of Bryn Argoll
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Does Flashback's replacement effect on resolution overrule Father's ability?
- How does "unused" targeting work?
- Does Dreadhorde Arcanist + Feather, the redeemed just put the card back in your hand?
- Feather and spell that i do not own?
- If two effects would prevent damage, which one of those effects is the one to actually prevent the damage?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Feather, the Redeemed Discussion
5 days ago
I'm sorry to hear that. The deck is super fun.
My playgroup don't mind me playing it as long as it's not every game. That's why I have 4 decks to mix it up. All of which are on similar power level to the Yawgmoth deck, but win differently enough that people are cool with it (our playgroup is pretty merciless)
1 month ago
This deck looks pretty good! I love the idea of a better Hero of Precinct One as a commander. The tokens he makes have really nice art, too!
Maybe ditch Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran for a damage doubler like Dictate of the Twin Gods or something? Feather, the Redeemed doesn't seem to have much support, so I'd suggest replacing her (I think I only counted one or two instants that would trigger her). Nahiri, the Harbinger also seems a bit weak. Maybe another card to be replaced? War Room is another card draw effect on a land. Needleverge Pathway Flip might be worth a look to replace a basic as well. Same with the white and red artifact lands, Ancient Den and Great Furnace .
1 month ago
SCORE: 8 | 35 COMMENTS | 738 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
1 month ago
Great list! I personally think that your approach to Feather, the Redeemed is the correct one (that is, going wide and forgoing the often rotting in hand pump spells like Brute Force ). In that regard, have you ever happened to test Shrine of Loyal Legions ? I haven't had a chance to myself yet, but I happened to stumble upon this card one night rooting through my old Scars block box. It seems like it could be a spicy way to add some more tokens to the field.
1 month ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
1 month ago
Omniscience_is_life I didn't even think of Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip despite how much fun she's been for me in my Feather, the Redeemed deck! My playgroup tried to remove her about four times last night, unsuccessfully of course!
2 months ago
Those are my only suggestion, your deck is solid. Those are just a couple of ideas that leaped out at me.
3 months ago
Have you considered cheap cantrip like spells to give protection instead of investing in heavy resources to get your protection from, specifically, Magebane Armor , or even like a Mother of Runes for recursion. If you lean towards cantrips I’d suggest Feather, the Redeemed . Together your protection element can be covered for turn after turn.