At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice another enchantment. If you do, search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the sacrificed enchantment's converted mana cost, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
- Enigmatic Incarnation + Gift of Immortality
- Aid from the Cowl + Enigmatic Incarnation
- Aid from the Cowl + Enigmatic Incarnation + Starfield of Nyx
- Enigmatic Incarnation + Karametra's Favor + Renegade Rallier
- Enigmatic Incarnation + Renegade Rallier + Wolfwillow Haven
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Enigmatic Incarnation Discussion
4 months ago
4 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
4 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
8 months ago
DemonDragonJ: Yeah there's also stuff like Faith Healer, I was mostly thinking more contemporarily, specifically various THB cards like Final Flare. That set also had Enigmatic Incarnation tho so whatever.
8 months ago
Wow! I love Neoform, Fiend Artisan, Prime Speaker Vannifar for creatures! However, few of those are better than Grim Tutor, ones that are much better are especially Fiend Artisan and Neoform. Although, Neoform is assuming that I have big creatures or medium creatures in mana cost to sacrifice. Eldritch Evolution is almost the same as Grim Tutor, except that it has the constraint of already costing 3 mana, then using a sacrifice of X mana for X+2 mana cost creature return. I'd rather use Grim Tutor, pay 3 mana, and pay 3 life for that, and be able to choose any card I like, even if it's not a creature. Enigmatic Incarnation is also worse. I've heard that using a card with life cost is far more effective than using a card that costs more mana, depending on the card. Like shock lands when you want tempo. Most creatures can only do so much and usually must stay alive to have a certain ability used in the battlefield, like Prime Speaker Vannifar. Untapping and tapping would be useful with her, but I don't know what cards I would sacrifice. Perhaps you can help me with that? By and far, the best card for creature summoning is Fiend Artisan, but only if I wait a turn to use his ability, which if I sacrifice a lot of creatures, will be pretty strong I believe.
10 months ago
I meant Peer into the Abyss rather as an another idea for a card to build around, not a win-con for this Minotaur deck, I used the wrong wording ;)
Anyway I agree, Enigmatic Incarnation would be better as a next choice.
Cheer up for your weekly builds!
10 months ago
Peer into the Abyss would be an excellent wincon if it was red, but with no damage doublers it doesn't really work, and it's a black sorcery, this deck is best at cheating out permanents and not spells.
Anyway glad to see people liking the series the next will be out in a few days I just need to work out how to make Enigmatic Incarnation work. Titus7007 I love the cacophany deck, I managed to get to diamond with a vigilance tribal deck, so yeah
11 months ago
I really like what you're doing here. I returned to MTG about a year ago after a long time off, so I really only play Standard because I don't have the cards or knowledge to play Modern. I don't mind the smaller cards pool though, because I think that the game has gotten so big and some cards were never really meant to be played together. I think it allows for smarter brews like this to flourish. The meta has gotten better recently too, but it was definitely a Simic mess not too long ago.
This is how I like to play Standard. Find cards that are good and exploit them without spending $500 or 36 mythic wildcards to build a deck. Recently, I have had success building around Demonic Embrace in my deck Cacophony of Fears (Lurrus is not really a $25 card, don't know where TappedOut got that)
I would love to see what you put together with Enigmatic Incarnation. The other two cards are interesting. I don't know how I've missed Underworld Sentinel this whole time. I've seen Dance of the Manse played with a good deal of success (often with Doom Foretold). I've never seen anyone play Enigmatic Incarnation and it's a cool looking card worthy of a savvy brew.
Keep it up! i Love to see some fresh ideas in Standard!