As an additional to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, put that card onto the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 weeks ago
Here is the banned list
1 month ago
Also if you ever get Imperial Recruiter and Spellseeker in here... also add Neoform . The following is the most streamlined way to combo in Animar and only requires 2 counters on Animar: , 4 life, and Imperial Recruiter in hand. Imperial Recruiter looks up Phyrexian Metamorph . Metamorph for 2 life copies Recruiter and looks up Spellseeker . Spellseeker looks up Neoform . Neoform sacs Spellseeker to look up Ancestral Statue . Play Statue bouncing itself until Animar is double your opponents life total then use Statue's final bounce to return Phyrexian Metamorph to hand. Metamorph for 2 life again copies Imperial Recruiter to look up Walking Ballista for the win.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Animar, Gaea's Hemorrhoid
1 month ago
An important thing to note about Food Chain mana that is overlooked; it is only useable on creature casting. Nothing else. So unless you have ways to abuse creature casting, avoid Food Chain combos.
Also, in regards to the Lotus Cobra and Retreat to Coralhelm; If you also look at Ruin Ghost , you can use it to blink out a land (preferably one with a white source that enters untapped). This way, you always have the white mana to keep using Ruin Ghost. Retreat to Coralhelm will always untap Ruin Ghost when the land re-enters the field. And Lotus Cobra nets you extra mana as well. Not to mention that adding Ruin Ghost will also work in tandem with your other Landfall triggers :)
Additionally, if you have that Dryad of the Ilysian Grove on board, you can also blink out your commander to get a card draw, but more importantly, reset its Landfall ability to ping everyone for damage.
Two cards that could help streamline your deck a bit are Neoform and Traverse the Ulvenwald . Neoform will put something vital straight into play at the cost of sacking a creature as well. Traverse is one that I think is underplayed. I dont see it in many decks with green. It will search for a basic, unless you have Delerium. Which instead, allows you to pull any land or even a creature and put it in your hand. Both are very cheap :)
1 month ago
I would include the Neoform combo line. It requires a few cards but all you need to start it is either Imperial Recruiter or any green tutor that brings it onto the field or into your hand. So you don’t have to draw into your combo pieces or tutor each of them, just 1 card is enough for the win.
Imperial Recruiter finds Phyrexian Metamorph
Metamorph copy Recruiter finds Spellseeker
Spellseeker finds Neoform
Neoform and sac Spellseeker finding Ancestral Statue
Statue loops infinite for infinite counters on Animar
If you got enough counters bounce Metamorph with statue, play it and copy Recruiter to find Walking Ballista for infinite damage
2 months ago
You have 11 taplands. 11. When playing cEDH, the most you have is 1. Ever. Yavimaya Coast , Botanical Sanctum , Exotic Orchard , Sungrass Prairie , Skycloud Expanse , Sunpetal Grove , Glacial Fortress , Hinterland Harbor , Razorverge Thicket , Seachrome Coast , Spire of Industry . You'll have to spend a little more, but it's only like $30. And without that, you're never gonna win at a cEDH table.
You're also not running Spell Pierce , Autumn's Veil , Dovin's Veto , Swords to Plowshares , Pongify , Rapid Hybridization , Path to Exile , Dispel , Mystical Dispute , Delay . Those are pretty much necessary. Also, Neoform , Eldritch Evolution , Eladamri's Call .
Most of your combos are . . . not cEDH viable. They require you to run taplands AND bad ramp cards and they require you to have several pieces on top of just needing several cards that aren't good outside the combo.
Now, is this a solid deck that will do well in moderately tuned games? Definitely. But it isn't competitive. And it is totally possible to make a competitive deck without going over $200, you just lose some of the speed and have to build your deck a bit differently to stay in the game.
2 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
2 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
2 months ago
I like the idea! I'm concerned about the variance. The combination of Treasure Hunt and World Shaper is clever but you only have Neoform as a sac outlet and most savvy players won't kill world shaper after you dump a bunch of lands. Also, the other cards don't seem to make since to me. If anything they're just back up plans which landfall is already a good deck that doesn't need a weird world shaper combo. I would like to recommend Ashaya, Soul of the Wild . All creatures are lands plus it is a Neoform target if you sac World Shaper .