Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Chandra, Heart of Fire
Legendary Planeswalker — Chandra
+1: Discard your hand, then exile the top three cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may play cards exiled this way.
+1: Chandra, Heart of Fire deals 2 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
-9: Search your graveyard and library for any number of red instant and/or sorcery cards, exile them, then shuffle your library. You may cast them this turn. Gain six .
1 year ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 year ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
2 years ago
I love Grixis tempo/aggro/control. I'd recommend cutting some basics and such for the MDFCs, you might like Jwari Disruption Flip. Also, you appear to like discard/casting synergies, so here is what I recommend for both:
For more prowess-y like stuff, if you want to go a bit more spellslinger-ish, consider running Stormwing Entity or Underworld Breach. If you're not worried about your things getting killed, definitely consider adding wraths to the main. Storm's Wrath does a great job at this.
For a more discard-synergy oriented deck, I'd say add more things that make you discard to power up Rielle. Ox of Agonas does this really well, and I see you already are running 3x Royal Scions. Also, take a look at Chandra, Heart of Fire if you want to go down this route.
Seems like a decent deck that has a lot of potential. At the moment, the deck is somewhat muddled, but with the proper tweaks, this could be a force to reckon with. I wish you good luck in getting there!
2 years ago
Each card exiled by the abilities of both Chandra, Heart of Fire and Thief of Sanity contain a time duration in their effects that stipulate when you can use the effect. In the case of Chandra, Heart of Fire, the duration is "until end of turn". For Thief of Sanity, the duration is "for as long as this card remains exiled".
The part you are confusing is that "you may play cards exiled this way" means that exact instance of the effect. It is similar to how the effects of permanents that name themselves mean this specific permanent and not all permanents with the same name.
2 years ago
If you plus Chandra, Heart of Fire you discard your hand, then exile three cards. You can cast those cards until the end of the turn.
Once you end your turn, any/all cards exiled by Chandra that you have not yet cast, will remain exiled, and you will have lost your chance to cast them.
If you activate her a second time, on your next turn, you will get a fresh 3 cards exiled, but you will not be able to cast the previous cards; "exiled this way" in this case refers to the specific activation of Chandra, not to her +1 ability in general.
2 years ago
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon
When Gideon, Resurrected is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles it into their library.
+2:Until end of turn, Gideon Jura becomes a 6/6 Human Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
-1: Until your next turn, during each combat you may destroy up to one attacking creature.
-5: Return target white creature in your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
I'd like to see a Chandra, but old card.
Not 100% on the time lines of everyone, but pretty sure.