Creature — Human Spellshaper
(1)(Black), Tap, Discard a card: Name a card. Remove the top six cards of your library from the game. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal the named card, then put that card into your hand. Remove all other cards revealed this way from the game.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Divining Witch Discussion
10 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
10 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 year ago
Thank you! I like the aura deck and I've saved it for future reference. He's trying a wonky Griffin Canyon strategy so we'll see how it goes! I just did a little digging and found kind of a fun card that probably is too slow to help the build, but could both tutor and put something in the yard: Divining Witch. Realistically, though, I should just save up for Entomb haha.
1 year ago
Thanks RagnarosTheFirelord! I also tried Omniscience as my 'only permanent', but it's so unstable and unreliable build. In Omniscience build, we have nothing to do when we exiled all our win-outlet with Illuna, Apex of Wishes mutate trigger. If you want to prevent that, you want that win-outlet in my hand. Yes, you gotta find that to win. In this build, you need to tutor only 1 card, which is Thassa's Oracle. but in Omniscience build, I don't think there's any card that '2-card combo's with Omniscience and win right away. Release the Ants needs another high cost card, which is techinically 3 card combo, Enter the Infinite? Nah. and so on. Then what? You need to tutor 2+ cards, which is hard on Temur color and will extremely slow down the deck. Also, What if the Omniscience got into my hand? The deck will get 1 more task, putting back Omniscience in the deck, While already having hard time finding for win-outlet anyways. So I just use Thassa's Oracle and use Illuna as Demonic Consultation, Tainted Pact, and Divining Witch effect.
1 year ago
FaiberJC that's a really weird rule but there are quite a lot of useful humans/wizards I believe. Bob and Notion thief are human, Thassa's Oracle is a wizard. That means you need 7 more...
- Divining Witch is another Demonic Consultation and is human.
- Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip is a human wizard.
- Manic Scribe just to add more topdeck wrecking (player's can't eot tutor because of him) maybe.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance but be aware that he doesn't reduce that many costs in this deck (under 20).
- Snapcaster Mage is a human wizard.
- Tribute Mage/Trinket Mage/Spellseeker are useful tutors and humans.
- Cursecatcher is cheap disruption and a wizard.
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch is nice and cheap value and a wizard.
- Disciple of Deceit might be a decent tutor and is human.
Try to cut cards that are similar in function. You will also not want cursed totem with more creatures that tap for some ability.
1 year ago
I'm building my Dralnu deck around Divining Witch and Demonic Consultation. Pretty fun way to exile your entire library in one go, if you want a self-mill way to win with Laboratory Maniac or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries.
2 years ago
I rate Divining Witch at around 1000000 SHU. The higher mana cost (although it's split across turns, mitigating this factor slightly), broadcasting the effect and not necessarily being able to use it straight away - particularly post naus/necro/wheel, having to pitch a card and the effect being stapled to a fragile body are the downsides. The upside is that it's harder to counter the exile effect as it is an ability. This is relevant, but in my experience this often isn't the way that opponents interact with our combo. They're going to try to let you exile your deck and remove the labman effect if they can. It's certainly an interesting card!