Creature — Giant Shaman
When Giant Harbinger enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Giant card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Giant Harbinger Discussion
10 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
10 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 year ago
What’s the difference between “Tutors for Tribal Cards” and “Tutors by Creature Type”? All the cards from the former are included in the latter, so why not just combine them into one or the other?
Also, I’d add the Harbingers, Boggart Harbinger, Elvish Harbinger, Faerie Harbinger, Flamekin Harbinger, Giant Harbinger, Kithkin Harbinger, Merrow Harbinger, and Treefolk Harbinger.
Also, my search for Harbingers turned up Nahiri, the Harbinger, which goes in “Notable For: Jumping Through Hoops,” and Yanling's Harbinger, which brings up the Planeswalker Deck tutors. Sure, people are unlikely to run them, but some might.
I’d also like to suggest a category: Combo Tutors. These are the ones that are part of a combo AND search for another one of the pieces. Ones that come to mind are Godo, Bandit Warlord and Forerunner of the Empire. Godo tutors for Helm of the Host, which he goes infinite with, and Forerunner tutors for Polyraptor, and from then you simply need to give Forerunner indestructible and then play Polyraptor to go infinite with.
Lastly, I’d suggest changing “Tutors to Graveyard” to “Tutors w/ Graveyard Synergies,” so you can include cards like Mausoleum Secrets, Fiend Artisan and Diabolic Intent, which interact with the grave while not tutoring TO the grave. Dimir House Guard would still go here, since his tutor effect merely discards him, he IS a sac outlet, and many graveyard deck will still desire him for it.
2 years ago
Tribal harbingers? Does this count for your list?
2 years ago
Ajani's Mantra - Too slow. Way too little impact. We don't have triggers off life gaining a lot so we can replace this.
Rise of the Hobgoblins - We aren't really interested in the effect towards our gameplan. The first strike can be nice. But not the best thing we can be looking at.
Scourge of the Nobilis - We don't have anything that we really benefit from putting this on. Brion already has lifeling, and his sacrifice ability is based on the sacrificed creatures power so we don't want to pump him either. Then putting it on a creature we want to sacrifice is setting ourselves up to loose out on cards by 2 for 1nning ourselves. There are some other enchantments that we may play that recur themselves but we will come back to those later.
Searing Meditation - I really want to like this card but it seems rather low damage for mana investment keeping 2 up all the time. However if we end up with a lot of ways to gain lots of individual triggers. Then this could be worth it.
A couple of these are just upgrade them but keep the same idea. These ones are all effects that we want but probably not this exact version. And we might want more of them.
Others should probably just be replaced, maybe with more version of the above effect.
Pact of the Titan - The free 4/4 with flash is pretty good. But unlikely to win you the game with it. It effectively costs you 5 mana for it and because it doesn't have Haste it isn't winning you the game before you have to pay for it.
Soul's Grace - A card that only gains you life in one burst is usually not worth it. If it did something else too then maybe. But not just life gain.
Giant's Ire - Just isn't worth it really. It doesn't do enough for the mana.
Feudkiller's Verdict - While this effectively could be a 6 mana 5/5 that gains you 10 life on enter. Which isn't bad, it could still sometimes be stuck in hand unable to make the 5/5. So while this can be decent, It can be bad.
We can afford to cut 2 or 3. I usually recommend 36-7 with around 10 nonland mana sources. Because this runs a lot of big guys, we want to consistantly hit our mana so we want 37.
Armillary Sphere - This doesn't actually ramp us it helps us hit out land drops though which is a good thing. However there are a couple of other cards which do similar while being repeatable or having other effects that go with it
Paradise Plume - We want mana ramp, this is possibly just too slow though. Rocks that tap for 1 colour are usually 2 mana. Our 4 mana rocks tap for multiple mana usually.
4 years ago
5 years ago
Looks great dude! And I'm all in on the tribal boat, and the budget boat too! You might like Boldwyr Heavyweights and Skyraker Giant 'cause they are "cheap". And Giant Harbinger for tutoring. Also, just for flavour Titan's Strength. Have a splendid day!
5 years ago
Hi, I got your message. C15 is a good starting point (and even better if tribal is your thing), but there are better creatures beyond giants.
As for a budget list, while I don't have the time to give you a list, I can offer this advice: There are a number of underrated cards that trigger Kalemne. Resolute Archangel for survival, Boros Battleshaper to mess with combat. Since Voltron is your main strategy, Battlegrace Angel can buff Kalemne and give her lifelink so you could stay around. Dragon Mage is a Wheel on a stick (and grants you an experience counter).
There are also a myriad of cheaper equipment and tutors. Tenza, Godo's Maul is cheap and provides massive bonuses for its cost. O-Naginata is just as good as the famous Loxodon Warhammer. Tutors such as Quest for the Holy Relic or Taj-Nar Swordsmith allow you to pull equipment from your deck. So does Open the Armory. Sigarda's Aid flashes in equipment and equips for free.
A unique route to go is to combine voltron with tribal, a deck you don't see every day. In that case, try to slam in some of the omitted giants, like Giant Harbinger and replace the weaker ones. Then, you could take my above advice about equipment and tutors.
I don't exactly know what your budget is, but there are a plethora of options to choose from. What I mentioned above are examples, and some cards in my list are cheap enough to acquire without too much fuss. I'll try to pull up a budget list for you, but time is a precious resource right now. The earliest I could begin is next week, and that's too long.