Legendary Planeswalker — Garruk
+1: Up to one target creature gets +3/+3 and gains trample until end of turn.
-2: Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token. Then if an opponent controls more creatures than you, put a loyalty counter on Garruk, Unleashed.
-7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, you may search your library for a creature card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library."
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Garruk, Unleashed occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Garruk, Unleashed Discussion
2 weeks ago
Sorin_Markov_1947 I could definitely see add 4 x Sultai triome to splash blue. It's fun to think about dropping Teferi with 6 starting loyalty, but that's probably not necessary.
I actually really like Ilysian Caryatid . consider Garruk, Unleashed makes it very easy to get that second mana out of him. I do run into awkward turn 3's though, so perhaps I should tinker with some more Cultivate
Binding the Old Gods definitely seems like it belongs in here though.
1 month ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 month ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 month ago
I'd actually disagree with things like Ohran Frostfang , Bow of Nylea , etc, that grant deathtouch. With nearly all of your creatures having deathtouch, infect, poisonous, or some combination, it makes the cards redundant. Because of how Fynn is worded, you only need one damage though ti deal two poison, so focus on trample and evasion. Garruk Wildspeaker , Overrun , Gaea's Anthem , Overwhelming Stampede , Kamahl, Heart of Krosa , Garruk, Unleashed are good options, depending on your budget you can also consider Eldrazi Monument , Akroma's Memorial , and just to second, Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider . I would also look into some more ramp, even with a low curve you're going to want to go a lot faster before people can find kill spells to keep nuking Fynn.
Hope this helps
1 month ago
Other suggestions would be: Kogla, the Titan Ape . It gets trample from your enchantment. Between the fight trigger and if it's declared as an attacker you can get rid of 2 permanents before blockers get declared. You don't have humans for the indestructible part but it's still a decent alternative. Another good one is Thorn Mammoth , especially synergizes with your Lovestruck Beast , Old-Growth Troll , and Garruk, Unleashed . Getting fight triggers off of 1/1 tokens or a Garruk beast token can really mess up an opponent's game state. Feasting Troll King is another big hitter that returns to play 1 time if you do not support the food stuff.
2 months ago
I really like Vorn. Garruk Wildspeaker , Garruk, Unleashed , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Vivien, Monsters' Advocate , Vivien Reid and Vivien, Arkbow Ranger would be the walkers that most fit your strategy even without corn out they'd be good on their own.
3 months ago
1) As in many games things like Planewalkers bring game-driving mechanics, i tried to analyze those two cards
Garruk, Unleashed is kinda midgame play with a -2 to help filling your board, and hopefully i'm gonna have my early plays ( Lovestruck Beast, Nessian Hornbeetle, Garruk, Savage Herald) good to get value from that +3/+3. That emblem's gonna help me fill my board even more to prepare for Garruk, Savage Herald big final rush.
Garruk, Savage Herald is gonna help me tutor some fat creatures just in case, even though i added some draw power that needs playtest. To efficiently get value from his -2 i think that's gonna be used to get rid of those value-generatind mid plays nearly any deck has. The last skill should be the main finisher of the deck, assuming at that point my board is good enough.
2) Then, i needed some big bad fellas to push for that damage. I realized that green has quite the strong curve potential.
I found some good early plays in Scavenging Ooze and Nessian Hornbeetle, they can even get bigger and participate to the final rush. Lovestruck Beast seems really good also, but dunno, his condition seems too easy to play around.
For the bigger guys i put Questing Beast wich i found amazing, just don't know if there's a point putting 3x of a Legendary. 2x seems ok but 3x maybe is too much. Ironscale Hydra is kinda filler cause it seems really strong presence on the board, but suffers the total lack of protection the whole deck has. Just strong against other creatures. Nyela, Keen-Eyed has a really goog body for its cost and should help me in curve optimization with her discount, the other effect is kinda situational. Already have some tutoring tools. Garruk's Harbinger and Garruk's Warsteed are good cause this way i can put less Planeswalkers and more creatures since they are tutors themselves, especially Garruk's Warsteed that's good value for that cost imo.
3) At this point i wandered wich kind of support a deck like this could demand for.
Ramp: Ilysian Caryatid, Wolfwillow Haven and The Great Henge are my ramp tools, many of my main mechanics are heavy on mana and this should help. One's a creature, one's an Aura and one's an Artifact to help me against different colors that have different removals for different kind of permanents. This way i shoul be able to prevent the opponent eliminate 100% of my ramp source.
Draw: with a pretty good amount of mana to spend and my two Planeswalkers being such valuable, i think i'm gonna need some draw power. Also i have quite numerous early-plays. I found that Garruk's Uprising has good draw power and helps me pushing some extra damage with trample and hopefully trigger Garruk's Harbinger tutoring. The First Iroan Games i'm testing it on a budget deck and i quite like it, for draw power and for basically a 4/4 with cost of 3 most of the time. Not a decisive card but is an useful tool. Return of the Wildspeaker makes me kinda sacrifice a whole turn but it's like an emergency draw. Also the other effect is really good paired with the -7 of Garruk, Savage Herald.
Board control: some board control tools help me handle dangerous value-generating mid plays, with Ram Through having good damage potential and little extra direct damage, and Khalini Ambush being basically a land if drawn early game, otherwise could be situational but good. Also the -2 of Garruk, Savage Herald is here for board control.
This is it, please let me know everything i did wrong. And be kind, always.
4 months ago
Thanks! basically it plays out as 'I drop big things until you run out of removal, then I drop more big things'. I'm slowly making the deck better (at least I hope) by adding some enchantments like Colossal Majesty and Garruk's Uprising, as well I'm filtering out some of the early game cheese damage in favour of a more consistent and potent mid-late with things like Garruk, Unleashed and Chandra, Flame's Catalyst to let me access more and more beef. Gonna miss the turn 4 12/12 hydras but progress must be made!