Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Dwarf
When Dwarven Recruiter enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.
11 months ago
1 year ago
1x Tangle Wire
1x Bolt Bend Is this ever reduced for your commander?
1x Taurean Mauler It's okay but sort of unnecessary. Can have an artifact dwarf instead.
1x Torbran, Thane of Red Fell Useless in your deck, replace with a 1 mana dwarf.
1x By Force
1x Wheel of Misfortune Really unreliable, especially if all 4 players still playing.
1x Akroma's Memorial You shouldn't win by combat.
1x Illusionist's Bracers One use of commander should be more than enough to win.
1x Dwarven Thaumaturgist His effect is irrelevent.
1x Mycosynth Lattice Mana fixing for opponents, how generous.
1x Rings of Brighthearth see Illusionist's Bracers above
1x Clock of Omens Primary wincon, and at instant speed.
1x Dwarven Grunt 1 mana dwarves
1x Dwarven Scorcher 1 mana dwarves
1x Dwarven Trader 1 mana dwarves
1x Enslaved Dwarf 1 mana dwarves
1x Liberated Dwarf 1 mana dwarves
1x Proteus Machine Artifact dwarf, slotted for consistency. Unnecessary really, can be replaced with whatever.
1x Feldon of the Third Path Can create an artifact dwarf or maybe pull out a dragon that was discarded/played if game went too long.
1x Possessed Portal Use if winning and clock of omens has been dealt with or you don't have an artifact dwarf.
1x Daretti, Scrap Savant Good for rummaging or returning an artifact, since you always have a treasure in play. Can be replaced with good card draw.
1x Mystic Forge 1/4 of deck is artifacts. Can also fix dead draws to a certain extent. Can be replaced with good card draw.
1x Herald's Horn Call dwarves every time. Can be replaced with good card draw.
1x Final Fortune Can win out of nowhere. Use only if you are certain you can win. Be careful, highly recommended only if opponents appear tapped out.
Other worthy mentions I don't feel like figuring out how to slot in right now:
Outpost Siege Solid red card draw.
Commune with Lava Playable red card advantage.
Maze of Ith Use this as a spell slot, not a land slot. Can untap your own dwarves, or be used defensively.
Scrying Sheets all your lands are snow for whatever reason, so could be okay if you have nothing else to cast in a turn.
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle with all these mountains, why not?
Command Beacon In case people kill your 1 toughness commander too many times.
Darksteel Citadel More artifacts. ONLY PUT IF you don't have color problems.
Flamekin Village Not sure if haste is important enough, but something to consider.
Inventors' Fair gives you health, but more importantly can tutor an artifact.
Madblind Mountain If you end up with a lot of top deck shenanigans.
Labyrinth of Skophos If you're being attacked.
Kher Keep Chump blockers.
Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep Might help seem more intimidating early game?
Sequestered Stash Can return an artifact to your DECK, and then commander can grab it.
Sea Gate Wreckage If you run out of cards and have colorless mana sources.
Quicksand Can dissuade attackers
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Big mana
Myriad Landscape Ramp
Mouth of Ronom If you still have too many snow lands.
1 year ago
Cool deck! Not sure if it'd fit in the deck, but Changeling Berserker is also kind of nice, it's a searchable way to protect your commander/ any relevant creature from a board wipe at instant speed once you have the 5 treasures.
Also, not sure how you feel about it flavor wise, but Goblin Welder or Trash for Treasure could also be recursion for needed combo pieces/ cheating out things from the bin. Though the current build seems to use lower CMC stuff to turbo out treasure.
1 year ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
1 year ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
1 year ago
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
2 years ago
yeah no, it does not perform really well at all, it is however very aggressive in 1v1 games. But the sheer amount of mass artifact removal played in most 4 player games makes it difficult. I typically just end up turtling behind one massive Vehicle. Dwarven Recruiter can set you up for some amazing card draw.
2 years ago
I don't know how to break this to you bruv, but you have 2 Dwarven Recruiter in your deck.