Kaho, Minamo Historian
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
When Kaho, Minamo Historian enters the battlefield, search your library for up to three instant cards and remove them from the game. Then shuffle your library.
(X), Tap: You may play a card with converted mana cost X removed from the game with Kaho without paying its mana cost.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kaho, Minamo Historian Discussion
4 months ago
Thank you for the suggestions BrassLord!
The reason why I don't have Polymorph and Proteus Staff, is because if I have a target to Polymorph, it can only be Kaho, Minamo Historian (aside from a Resculpt token, but that is marginal), and at that point, I had the opportunity to tutor Reweave anyway, so unless I'm missing something, those two would be dead cards in the deck!
The turns spell idea is pretty interesting, the largest concern that I have is that I don't have many permanents that generate value, so the turn spell by itself could end up underwhelming. I certainly have the mana to support it though, so I'll try it out and play around with it!
8 months ago
My favorite and first commander was Kaho, Minamo Historian with her ability you can fetch a flicker spell so she can re enter the battlefield to get more spells and there are other spells that let you shuffle said spells back into your library. Obviously you are restricted to instants with her but with the right set up you can loop your entire deck indefinitely. Some fun budget options are to use Mystical Tutor to fetch Mana Severance to empty your library and if you are running 95 islands you can win by casting Thassa's Oracle .
10 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
10 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
10 months ago
@ Thank you for the suggestions! Voltron is a new way of playing for me as well! Yeah, unfortunately adding kaho and eisor would mess up the polymorph plan. Though with Thassa, God of the Sea , Kaho, Minamo Historian , and especially Esior, Wardwing Familiar I think they still have potential as Polymorph/Voltron commanders, with them having a lower converted mana cost and built in evasion, something to look at in the future! The cheap removal cards you recommended were on my radar as well, added them to the maybe board if I find myself needing better interaction!
I agree as well with the recast able unlockable effects! I run Artful Dodge in my Rielle, the Everwise deck! The Crab and our Blightsteel Colossus payoff don't typically need more than one or two attacks to eliminate a player, so it might work! With a primary gameplan to sacrifice the Crab for a polymorph, I'm a little hesitant to include too many enchantment aura effects that make our creatures unblockable, though on the other hand, it could be better in terms of tempo, getting faster crab attacks in the early game. Something to playtest in the future I think!
10 months ago
Hey there! Voltron is indeed a load of fun (check out my Voltron deck, yes shameless plugs), and I may just have some suggestions for you that I have found in my Voltron journey!
Aqueous Form , Artful Dodge , Distortion Strike , Invisibility , and Thassa, God of the Sea . I see you already have Aether Tunnel, so if that's been working for you, you might like these too! They work very well for me quite often, especially the re-castable ones.
Temporal Mastery , it works really well with mystical tutor which you have in the deck.
- Esior, Wardwing Familiar is really good since now any spell costs FIVE cmc, making it really hard to target him.
- Pemmin's Aura : Well it does a lot- it's pretty self-explanatory
- Kaho, Minamo Historian since you run a lot of instants this could be good especially if you use some unblockable spells from above
- Rapid Hybridization / Pongify Cheap blue removal
- Vanishing Lets you phase him out at the end of every turn at instant speed
- Ancient Tomb Great colorless land
- Sapphire Medallion Easy cost reduction
10 months ago
You might like these: Spark Double , Sakashima the Impostor , Sakashima of a Thousand Faces , Anointed Procession , Distant Melody , Ribbons of the Reikai , Herald of Kozilek , Ugin, the Ineffable , Reckless Fireweaver , Kaho, Minamo Historian , Merchant Scroll , Mentor of the Meek , Mana Echoes , Settle the Wreckage , Illusionist's Bracers , Blisterspit Gremlin
10 months ago
You might like these: Conjurer's Closet , Nephalia Smuggler , Isochron Scepter , Elite Arcanist , Kaho, Minamo Historian , Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor , Genesis Chamber , Angler Turtle , Goblin Spymaster , Frontier Warmonger , Fiendish Duo , Gisela, Blade of Goldnight , Charmbreaker Devils , Eerie Interlude , Ghostway , Ghostly Flicker