Mythos of Brokkos
If was spent to cast this spell, search your library for a card, put that card into your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
Return up to two permanent cards from your graveyard to your hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Mythos of Brokkos Discussion
8 months ago
8 months ago
10 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
10 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!
10 months ago
Rogues are my least favourite deck to play against ever, just difinitively and I saw the teferi control decks with no wincon, and also 80% of people seem to play it, don't know what's going on there if anyone does
anyway not sure how useful it'll be but there are no ways to recycle the graveyard in standard at the moment and believe me I've tried, so I started running an ANTI-mill deck, here's some of the best options for it
- Literally anything with escape
- Egon, God of Death Flip,(doesn't technically stop mill but benefit's off it)
- Mythos of Brokkos , It is effectively a double permanent tutor
- Bala Ged Recovery This is universal and great
- Forever Young I think technically this is the only other mass graveyard into library thing left, and it's not perfect but it's alright
hope this helps, sorry that there aren't any perfect answers, if your dealing with rogues specifically and not just ruin crab and co, I suggest Nylea's Intervention as a good utility card.
11 months ago
You've got lot of fluff cards in here even for BO1 which will make it much harder to draw a snake in your opening hand. Cut Return to Nature, Pharika's Libation Mephitic Vapors Bala Ged Recovery Flip Mythos of Brokkos Vraska, Golgari Queen (as you are looking to stomp with your snake) or at least reduce the copies, cut Staggering Insight because it is just making your manabase more awkward, cut Negate, add Saw It Coming as it is way more versatile, cut 2xFind / Finality. You might need to cut more things or add more things, but I would also highly recommend cutting down on the amount of lands you use, especially since you are playing ramp. Also cut Pestilent Haze.
1 year ago
You must pay both blue and black paying part of the spell's casting cost to get the first effect. In other words, you must pay in order for Mythos of Brokkos to have the effect of searching your library for a card, putting it to your graveyard, and shuffling your library afterward.
You can choose not to pay the blue and black and still cast the spell (casting it for ), but you will only get the effect that returns two permanents from your graveyard to your hand.
1 year ago
Liliana Vess, Grim Tutor, Mastermind's Acquisition, and Razaketh's Rite are all good tutor cards for toolboxing! I think I'll add black to use these cards. I searched for Good G or W tutors, and the only ones are Mythos of Brokkos and some that I forgot the name of that search for only enchantments or auras or artifacts.