Raksha Golden Cub
Legendary Creature — Cat Soldier
As long as Raksha Golden Cub is equipped, Cat creatures you control get +2/+2 and have double strike.
|Have (2)||DoctorScarf , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Raksha Golden Cub Discussion
3 months ago
Note: re:Above list. Serra has no creature legendary so it may exclude her.
- Arcanis the Omnipotent
- Bosh, Iron Golem
- Dakkon Blackblade
- Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
- Higure, the Still Wind
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
- Jaya Ballard (one creature, 2 walkers)
- Karona, False God
- Kresh the Bloodbraided
- Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
- Maralen of the Mornsong
- Mayael the Anima
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
- Phage the Untouchable
- Raksha Golden Cub
- Reaper King
- Rith, the Awakener
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Sisters of Stone Death
So now figure out which ones are most likely to fit into Tefiri's Past/Lore. Still say Sidar is most likely, But Jaya as another creature card could be possible I suppose.
7 months ago
Jarebear97 I've got that in my sideboard, and I'm still playing with things to see the fit, but the reason it is currently on the side is that typically the game is over before I can get to the point of having that much mana to throw at Raksha Golden Cub, which also confirms your suspicions about the inclusion of Ajani's Pridemate. The emeinence works well with low cost creatures. However the deck does seem to lack finishing power if it is controlled. It is still on the sideboard while I determine if that might be an strong enough reason to include it.
Zendikar Resurgent will see play in a lot of decks. I put this together before it was released. However, again, I'm hesitant about putting anything over a 4-5 drop in the deck at all.
7 months ago
I am not the best to give suggestions since my decks are mediocre at best, but I just don’t quite understand why you have Ajani's Pridemate in this deck. You have so few ways to gain life unless I am blind. Is it just because it is a cheap to cast cat? Also, Zendikar Resurgent and Raksha Golden Cub might be worth a thought. The cub has definitely done some work in my meh Cat deck.
11 months ago
If you're looking to make this decent in Modern you'll have to bring the cmc down a little bit. unfortunately, Raksha Golden Cub is too slow for modern, seeing as you won't be able to get its effect before turn 8 at the earliest. Here are my recommendations -
Raksha Golden Cub - too expensive
Spirit of the Hearth - could be a sideboard card, still probably too expensive
Bond of Discipline - other cheaper options
Godsend - not useful without raksha
Ancestral Blade - not useful without raksha
Pride Guardian - Defender really goes against your plan here, and I feel like the only reason it's in the deck is because of the life gain
Cards to add:
Leonin Vanguard - gains life every turn for your pridemate, good if you have multiple creatures
Path to Exile - a modern removal staple
Brimaz is already in your maybe board, he's a monster
Sacred Cat - this coooould be an option, but it's pretty weak.
Leonin Arbiter - pairs nicely with path, slows many decks down.
Metallic Mimic - does this count or is this cheating?
Adaptive Automaton - same as above
1 year ago
1 year ago
I think your theatrical feline cast is a bit thin and you might want to look over a few potential talents such as Regal Caracal , Adorned Pouncer , Balan, Wandering Knight , Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Jazal Goldmane , Jareth, Leonine Titan , Leonin Abunas , Leonin Shikari , Leonin Warleader , Oreskos Explorer and Raksha Golden Cub to fill out any roles you may have.
UsagiBlade on meow
1 year ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet
1 year ago
Great, I have built it and it's lots of fun. I made some changes based on my matches.
Krosan Verge - put Mutavault instead.
Helm of Kaldra
Mask of Avacyn
Sword of Kaldra
Masterwork of Ingenuity - I don't have it, will buy.
Asceticism - I don't have it and put Privileged Position instead.
Leonin Abunas - Privileged Position can protect kitties' toys.
Prowling Serpopard - I haven't seen someone counter kitties, so I put other things.
Raksha Golden Cub - Too big, I put Taj-Nar Swordsmith instead.
Steppe Lynx - I prefer Loam Lion, Steppe Lynx needs landfall.
Hunting Cheetah - I don't have it, will buy.
Teferi's Protection - I don't have it, will buy.