Enchantment Creature — Snake Lamia
When Gravebreaker Lamia enters the battlefield, search your library for a card, put it into your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
Spells you cast from your graveyard cost less to cast.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Gravebreaker Lamia Discussion
1 month ago
Hello , i see that you are missing a lot of protection for Muldrotha and have a lot of ramp spell that will not be useful in your graveyard later on. Here some suggestions for you if you want to explore other avenue.
Protection: Command Beacon - It will ensure you can always cast muldrotha for cheap. Bojuka Bog - very important to interact with your opponent graveyards, if not needed cycle it and use it later if needed.
Lightning Greaves For me its a no brainer especially how much muldrotha cost to cast we need to help him..or her staying on the board.
Spore Frog is just amazing if you are in a playgroup that go to combat a lot your just dont care sac spore frog everytime and recast it on your next turn for a huge shield... if you playgroup dont use combat a lot leave it out.
Elephant Grass Is also very good to keep you safe while you are building up your board. Dont want to pay the cumulative upkeep, sac it and replay it again :)
Glen Elendra Archmage is also going to disturbed your opponent plans when its on the board and I pair her with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so she always come back without me having to recast her, and Mikaeus is just awesome in this deck.
Im Testing and trying Lilting Refrain for counter spell which seemed a good deterrent like Glen Elendra and it can be reutilized.
Ramp You are using a lot of sorceries for this category, I was doing the same before and felt that these card had no value on the long run.
I now use a different approach on ramp. I use milling and I play cards like Ramunap Excavator , Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , Springbloom Druid (should replace cultivate), my favorite is World Shaper (instead of your splendid reclamation) and sac it for massive boost, same for The Mending of Dominaria it just feed your grave and have a massive outcome + they can be replayed later by your cmdr.
I would play 1 or 2 drop mana dorks over ramping sorceries for sure. The only sorcery I really suggest is Life from the Loam so good to feed your graveyard or get your land back if needed.
Self mill: Jace, Memory Adept will do better than Beleren , pair this with Syr Konrad, the Grim and other mill option ... let me know in your reply if you would like this avenue a have a few good cards that can help.
Ohter: Fleshbag Marauder is a good effect, but you can have more versatile and mana efficient creatures which are also cheap: Demon's Disciple and Plaguecrafter both are an auto include when repeated over and over they are very nasty.
Hostage Taker is very very fun .
I can go on an on on card that will benefit your deck , what I would say check to replace your instant and sorceries with permanents that will benefit you during the entire game.
Let me know what you think and what you will change I can then help you tweaking a few more things.
2 months ago
This deck is a really cool concept, but i feel like it might more efficient as a reanimator deck. Like you can get him into the graveyard with tutors Buried Alive Gravebreaker Lamia Entomb , or just by drawing and discarding aggressively with Cathartic Reunion , Chart a Course , Faithless Looting etc. Then once you got him in your graveyard you can just Bond of Revival , Body Double , Dread Return , Exhume , Victimize . cause as of now he costs 8 mana and only one other card is gonna be able to cascade into him so either 8 mana or 10 mana which is a lot of mana right. in terms of the fling plan thats awesome, you can even replace a land with Kazuul's Fury Flip, and even add Chandra's Ignition for that fiery finish too
2 months ago
couple of thoughts to possibly help with efficiency: Entomb , Gravebreaker Lamia , Final Parting , Burning-Rune Demon . i can see Filth and Vengeful Pharaoh being useful but not sure if they need to included.
3 months ago
I should have also pointed out that most, if not all, of the combos I listed previously can be started with one or more of the cards in the graveyard. So tutoring cards into the graveyard can be useful at probably a lower dollar cost than other tutors. Those tutors are: Entomb , Buried Alive , Final Parting , Corpse Connoisseur , Gravebreaker Lamia , Burning-Rune Demon .
3 months ago
Legion Angel isn't the best payoff that you can put in this deck. Ill rather pick another explosive big payoff creature like I mentioned above. Immersturm Predator is doing nuts in my version of offspring's revenge in arena. Im just sacrificing my either Acquisitions Expert or Basri's Lieutenant for value later on in offspring's revenge. Also, if you're going to Burning-Rune Demon , will you consider replacing it with Gravebreaker Lamia with lesser mana cost and more survivability yet still the same ability?
As for rankle, I would just go 3 copies of it replacing the lilianas. I can see her more as a sideboard card against dedicated control decks. Rankle can do damage, discard your big payoff card and draw another card. Also, selecting your sideboard depends on your local metagame or decks that you usually encounter in MTG Arena.
...or go Yorion just like everybody else lol...Since you love to self mill cards and Dimir rogues are in the current metagame, it goes into your favor. Just add more boardwipes like Doomskar and Shatter the Sky if you're worried with go wide decks.
Hope these advices help you more refining your deck.
3 months ago
i feel like the deck needs 2 things to be consistent, 1 a combo win with mill, and secondly a alt win con. the alt wincon is easy Carrion Feeder combos nicely with gravecrawler and other 1 cmc reanimation.
for a combo win there are a couple of options, first is using a sac outlet, haakon and universal automaton and anything that reduces its mana cost by 1, (meaning you can recast as many times as you like for free. the best choices ive found are Undead Warchief solid lord and alt wincon, Gravebreaker Lamia can tutor a missing part of you combo as well Frogtosser Banneret only costs 2 mana but has no other uses in the deck.
another option in the same direction is Pitiless Plunderer goes infinite with any 1 cmc reanimating creature and a sac outlet (so it also works with gravecrawler and outcast.) so is a more flexible combo card but less usful outside the combo)
lastly i would consider Judith, the Scourge Diva as a 2 of, as it dose the job of conrade but also you can remove creatures and its an anthem effect (meaning you alter mill plan will be more effective before you can assemble a combo)
hope some of these ideas help
3 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
3 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!