Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Wizard
When Elite Guardmage enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life and draw a card.
2 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
8 months ago
may be worth playing Professor of Symbology and a few lesson card in sb. its a pretty budget package and effective.
Restoration Angel is currently around $1.
Watcher for Tomorrow and another solid wall of omens effect.
Yorion, Sky Nomad as a companion is probably also a good call.
some other good budget options.
Lavinia of the Tenth makes a lock with soulherder
8 months ago
11 months ago
1 year ago
I had a lot of fun with Bant Party Bus lol, but this brings up some cool ideas! Hostage Taker seems interesting if you could squeeze the use out of him, and Blood for Bones seems great. I wonder if there's a Scholar of the Ages brew with Blood for Bones.. that combo is awesome lol.
The Battlement is awesome. I was using lots of Elvish Visionarys and Llanowar Visionarys (ramps a bit too!) and the main idea of the deck was Leyline of Anticipation. It's hilarious flashing in Battlement to scoop up blockers and then instant-speed Shatter the Sky to draw a card, sweep the board, and get my entire board back drawing 5 more cards lol. Elite Guardmage seems pretty good here, maybe I'll have to try that!
Yorion, Sky Nomad and Thassa, Deep-Dwelling are really great inclusions that both fit into your Esper colors as well. And Cloudshift can do some stuff! I found less use in Long Road Home but it exists and can also target the opponents creatures last resort if you need to eliminate a certain effect temporarily.. I've had that happen.
1 year ago
Thank you VampDemigod
This deck's primary win condition is not the infinite loop with 3 Lumbering Battlement's. That is just a fun magical-christmas-land scenario that is possible in this deck.
I would say the win conditions of this deck are in order
Lumbering Battlement: Even with a single copy, the potential ETB effects that can be triggered every turn (with Thassa, Deep-Dwelling) is incredible in this deck.. He can also become an incredibly big vigilant attacker on your turn. It is not uncommon for opponents to scoop after a few turns of Thassa and LB triggering 4-5 etb effects that gain life, draw cards and play extra lands.
Thassa, Deep-Dwelling: Aside from abusing ETB effects, Thassa can be a real threat in the late game. Getting to 5 blue devotion is tricky, but it's possible. Additionally, her tap ability is really useful in tapping down important blockers so that your small flyers (see above) can chip in for damage.
I haven't had much interest in this deck with rotation coming soon. It was fun while it lasted and it can always be played in historic.
2 years ago
2 years ago
To preface this comment: Tinkering with different cool cards is what deck builders do, and I know that. My comment will, however, be based on possibly making the deck more competitive.
I feel like you're really missing out if you're playing Silverwing Squadron and Master Splicer. I like the concept with them, but you don't get the attack trigger from squardon, and splicer doesn't get you a ton of bang for your buck. I might recommend Charming Prince or Elite Guardmage. These would help with aggro matchups to slow them down.
I also think that going down on Legion Warboss is a choice is a mistake. You really want the turn 3 warboss into a t4 Winota. I can see that you took them out in your revisions, but I personally really like the card. 4 of these would help with control and ramp matchups to aggro them out or outvalue them.
I also think that Gingerbrute is an odd choice. There are a few reasons why this card is really good, but I don't believe you really want it in this deck. I would err more towards a way to get multiple triggers on Winota.
I like the Chandra, Acolyte of Flame as a way to create tokens or recast raise the alarm. I like Teferi, Time Raveler as protection during your burst turns as well as a way to bounce back etb cards like Agent of Treachery, or if you choose to run it, Charming Prince.
The sideboard really depends on meta, so that's up to you. Main things to keep in mind if you're on Arena post-Platinum is that you'll be going up against a lot of fires and control decks in Bo3, and a lot of fires and sacrifice decks in Bo1.
Good luck with brewing! I really like the potential that Winota has, and I'm interested to see where a deck like this goes post rotation without Agent of Treachery.