Retreat to Emeria
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, choose one &mdashl;
- Put a 1/1 white Kor Ally creature token onto the battlefield.
- Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Retreat to Emeria occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Retreat to Emeria Discussion
1 month ago
Really curious what you guys think -- could Bant Landfall be good? Bant mostly for Fall of the Thran, which (with my brew) can easily be played on turn 4 with some luck. Also Zendikar's Roil and Risen Reef work really well together.
Arboreal Grazer and Crumbling Vestige can create really explosive turn ones... If you draw perfectly(probably something like a 5% chance) you can land Roil on t2 and Fall on t3, locking your opponent out of a turn and giving you little to no downside.
Also graveyard hate is twice as good if you are running Fall.
2 months ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Nice list! Thoughts on these? Oketra's Monument, Pearl Medallion, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Temur Sabertooth, Jazal Goldmane, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Mistveil Plains, Scattered Groves, Selfless Spirit, Pathbreaker Ibex, Goldnight Commander, Retreat to Emeria, Qasali Slingers, Wirewood Symbiote
4 months ago
I've never seen Karametra built that way but no reason it wouldn't work well. Green is the main lands matter color and white has some nice support cards. You should definitely check the edhrec page for suggestions as that will be the majority of the cards you'll want to get.
Lands matter and landfall more specifically are not necessarily things that win games. It will certainly rack up value but you still need something to take out life totals or choose another way to win. Taking a quick look at the page above tokens jumps out as a thing. Emeria Angel , Rampaging Baloths , Retreat to Emeria , and Avenger of Zendikar are all great at making tokens and love lands. Selesnya in general also just likes the whole token thing and has the best support for it. There is even stuff like God-Eternal Oketra which has the same trigger as Karametra though a different result.
5 months ago
8 months ago
Montezuma2 Virulent Sliver ok no idea how i missed this card, but i am definitely put it in, thanks for the suggestion, as for Hivestone its mainly there to turn token creatures produced by Assemble the Legion and Retreat to Emeria into slivers and was thinking of also adding Birthing Boughs , which doesn't benefit hivestone, but its there to flood the board with slivers.
10 months ago
Legendary Enchantment - Regime
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a permanent you control and a permanent target opponent controls that both share at least one same type. Exchange control of those permanents.
The people grow fearful and rumor rises of a rebellion? Fine. Let's give the people what they want - and take what they have.
Oooooh the pain I could cause with an Enchantment like this...
Okay, so several Landfall creatures produce creature tokens. Omnath, Locus of Rage , Nesting Dragon , Rampaging Baloths , Emeria Angel and Retreat to Emeria . My challenge is to make another Landfall creature token machine, this time in your choice of either of the following: