|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Sejiri Steppe enters the battlefield tapped.
When Sejiri Steppe enters the battlefield, target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Tap: Add W to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sejiri Steppe Discussion
3 days ago
1 month ago
Short answer: Yes.
After a player cast a spell or activates an ability, beginning with him/her, all players receive priority and may cast instants/activate abilities or pass. Only after every player has passed priority on the spell/ability on top of the stack in succession does it resolve, after which the active player receives priority.
Take a look at rule 116.
Let's look at your example:
- your opponent casts Terror and passes priority to you
- you activate Mistveil Plains's ability and pass priority
- your opponent passes priority, so the ability resolves, putting Sejiri Steppe on your library
- now the active player receives priority. If it's your opponent's turn, he/she will pass priority to you, else you receive priority
- you activate Knight of the Reliquary' ability, pass, your opponent passes, it resolves
- before priority is passed to the active player, state-based actions are checked and any triggered abilities (in this case Sejiri Steppe) are put on the stack
- the active player receives priority (see above)
- everybody passes in turn, Sejiri Steppe resolves, giving KotR protection from black
- now only Terror is left on the stack, the active player receives priority
- all players pass priority in turn
- Terror tries to resolve, but its only target is illegal, so it's countered by the game (it "fizzles") (rule 608.2b)
- now the stack is empty, the active player receives priority
1 month ago
My opponent casts Terror on my KotR. I respond by using Mistveil Plains' ability to return Sejiri Steppe to my library, and then use KotR's active to sacrifice the plains to bring the Sejiri Steppe into play, targeting the KotR with protection from black with its landfall ability.
Would this work in preventing the KotR from being destroyed? Or does the KotR ability have to wait for the Sejiri Steppe to resolve, which then allows the Terror to resolve, causing the KotR to be destroyed?
I appreciate the help.
1 month ago
I like it. +1. There's a lot of lifegain here, so maybe exploiting that more could make the deck more formidable. I'd say Thalia's Lieutenant is the creature that sticks out to me - it doesn't offer an abilities to Odric. I think I would leave Mentor of the Meek out in favor of Tezzeret's Gambit+Thalia's Lieutenant. Just MHO. Some stuff to consider:
2 months ago
In games where gy hate comes in that can shrink knight of the Reliquary. Least if you start getting landfall triggers you can place them on him. I guess the vinelasher could do the same though. Only upside is the damage removal effect not sure it's worth the extra mana though. Maybe something like a one of Sejiri Steppe
4 months ago
Not sure if I agree with your taste of cheese burgers, but regardless of that, this seems like an awesome deck :D I'm a bit confused as to why Sejiri Steppe is included in the deck, though I can see the usefulness in it. As for the sideboard, I have found that Lost Legacy is much more powerful than it seems. If there are specific cards that counter your deck, than it is a great sideboard option if you can get it out in time, which you probably can with the Lotus Petals.This is a really cool concept. Nice job
5 months ago
Hi TheDuggernaught, welcome and thanks for the comment. I've tried Sejiri Steppe, and you're right about the defence ability and the ability to push a creature through the enemy defences, but too often the card is just plains that come into play tapped.
I have never tried Commune with the Gods, but looks very good if the deck is combo-centric, in that case Sejiri Steppe is more useful. But if I need to put a stronger combo in the deck I will go for the vizier one.
By the way which list have you played?
5 months ago
I would suggest Sejiri Steppe as it helps protect your Knight of the Reliquary should it be the target of a removal spell. Spell Queller obviously helps with that too, but I have also found Sejiri Steppe to be a good extra layer of redundancy as it can also act like a Kessig Wolf Run. I have also toyed around a bit with Commune with the Gods as a way to dig for Retreat to Coralhelm. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the card?