Annihilating Fire deals 3 damage to target creature or player. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Annihilating Fire Discussion
1 year ago
Umm, Annihilating Fire, Ash Zealot (maybe, I dont know how much it cost at the time), Banners Raised, Brimstone Volley, Faithless Looting, Fervent Cathar, Flames of the Firebrand, Foundry Street Denizen, Furious Resistance, Guttersnipe, Krenko's Command, Legion Loyalist, Lightning Mauler, Madcap Skills, Pillar of Flame, Reckless Waif Flip, Reverberate, Riot Piker, Searing Spear, Skullcrack, Thunderbolt, Vexing Devil, Increasing Vengeance, Young Pyromancer, Lightning Strike, Boros Reckoner, Burning-Tree Emissary, and probably a lot more that I'm missing. That's only some of the better cards I found under 3 cmc. I'm so jealous I wasn't playing back then, burn looks like it was so good...
1 year ago
Remember to link all cards in your question with double square brackets.
Damage marked does not affect the toughness of a creature unless the source of the damage has wither (Kulrath Knight) or Infect (Glistener Elf). You can still use -X/-X effects to kill indestructible creatures, but damage won't weaken them in the slightest. It's also worth noting that all Gideons, when animated, have all damage dealt to them prevented so they can never have damage marked on them in the first place. Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker, however, is just indestructible and can still be dealt damage.
This can become relevant if a source of damage has an extra part to it like Annihilating Fire. If you were to cast that targeting an animated Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker and then killed him later that turn with, say, Toxic Deluge, then he'd be exiled since he was dealt damage by Annihilating Fire.
1 year ago
GeminiSpartanX Thanks for the suggestions, I do think Lightning Bolt is a better choice over Annihilating Fire. Also I think I'll replace the Barter in Blood for 2x Anger of the Gods to get the exile effect. I personally see Dreadbore being more useful than Terminate even as a sorcery, they both cost the same and one gets rid of pesky planeswalkers. I like having Tribute to Hunger as means to get rid of indestructible creatures that help me stabilize my life total, though I could cut 2x Sever the Bloodline for 2x Go for the Throat and place the additional in the sideboard.
1 year ago
If this deck is going to be quick, take out the Rakdos's Return because it is only good if you have an insane amount of mana and take out one Swamp to make this deck become faster. Your mana split should be 12 Mountain, 9 Swamp and 2 Rakdos Carnarium you can sub some lands with Bloodstained Mire or Blood Crypt if you want to make the deck more expensive. Replace the Rakdos's Return with Lava Spike and replace the Shock With Forked Bolt. No Annihilating Fire and replace it with 1 Grim Lavamancer and 1 Vexing Devil.Also add another Chandra's Phoenix. Finally, replace Charmbreaker Devils with a final Vexing Devil. That is how I think you can make this deck faster.
1 year ago
A few things, I am at work writing this a little at a time, so pardon if when I post it, it is slightly out of date. As it is now:
- I would consider reducing the number of one-shot burn spells. These mostly underperform in Commander. You have some ability to recur them (Charmbreaker Devils) which increases their potency a bit, but generally burn spells need more power, reliability, or something else to them.
- Lightning Strike is outperformed by Lightning Bolt and Incinerate for example. I would personally rather run things other than any of these three, though I know people who love them.
- If I run burn, I tend to prefer something with built-in reusability, like Thunderblade Charge, Punishing Fire, Fanning the Flames, Arc Blade, or Rekindled Flame.
- Alternatively, something that kills Deader Than Dead, like Burn Away, Annihilating Fire, or Red Sun's Zenith.
- If you like the combat trick buffs, maybe Giant Growth (the original) or Brute Force (the red-shifted variant).
- There's a fair number of Act of Treason variants if that is something you like around, too.