|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi (DDP)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Forked Bolt deals 2 damage divided as you choose among one or two target creatures and/or players.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Forked Bolt Discussion
4 days ago
First, welcome to Modern!
I'm normally on Ponza or Infect, so please take my inputs with healthy skepticism. But here are some thoughts from the other side of the table:
- Artifact hate (for Affinity and opp sideboard cards like Trinisphere): Shattering Spree or Smash to Smithereens
- Grave hate: Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, or Grafdigger's Cage
- Lifegain hate (for opp sideboard cards): Leyline of Punishment or Skullcrack (as already mentioned).
- Mana hate: Blood Moon (since it hurts LOTS of decks, but not yours) or Stone Rain/Molten Rain
- Random stuff: Pyrite Spellbomb (for opp sideboard cards like Kor Firewalker and Burrenton Forge-Tender), Magma Spray (when you need to exile opp Creatures), Ratchet Bomb (general removal), Forked Bolt (mostly for opp mana dorks), Sudden Shock (for Infect and some combo decks), Kari Zev's Expertise (maybe too cute, but certainly powerful), Dragon's Claw (as already mentioned)
You might want to check with GoblinsMTG on Reddit too.
2 weeks ago
Update, 1/4/18, in preparation for the next Geek Fortress 1K.
My toughest matchups were against other aggro decks. Because of that, I'm upping the speed of this list. Rivals cards to be added when the set releases.
ej133 on RUG DELVUR
2 weeks ago
Yo, guys, whaddup?
I'm having such a good time playing this, so I really want to push temur tempo-ish delver into my competitive modern metagame.
Keep in touch!
3 weeks ago
This is a sweet brew!
3 weeks ago
Hey ej133, thank you for your feedback! Truth be told, this deck is a thought experiment at this point and something I'd like to build but can't afford at the moment.
You raise a good point regarding Blood Moon, and it is something I've considered being a problem as well. Since this build only runs 6 fetches, and just 4 can grab an Island, it may be that Blood Moon is untenable in this build. I did add the 19th land to the board for that reason, but it may not be enough.
As for Opt, it may be that the deck wants to run some number of them, but Serum Visions is a must-play in Delver for ensuring that it flips. I did consider Opt instead of Peek, and that may be the correct choice.
I haven't seen many other Temur Delver lists running Izzet Charm, and it may be that card is just bad here, but it appears to do a lot of things we want: digs for cards and fuels Delve, creature burn, or noncreature countermagic.
Again, I really appreciate your feedback, and I'd love to hear any other thoughts you have on the deck. Thanks!
4 weeks ago
A lot of those cards ARE NOT PAUPER LEGAL.. for example:
And many many more. Been printed as common once dont always made a card legal on pauper, it has to been printed as common on mtgo.
And otherwise a lot of good pauper card are not legal on paper but just on mtgo. ;)
1 month ago
Manlands for one. (Lavaclaw Reaches, and Ghitu Encampment. Planeswalkers that do damage. Burn spells like Lightning Bolt, Forked Bolt etc. The deck is fairly mid-rangy with Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Goblin Dark-Dwellers and so on. It does have less than favorable matches against Baral Storm, Lantern Control, and Ad Naseum. It has ok matches against control depending on what you draw and what your opponent draws.