Full Moon's Rise
Werewolf creatures you control get +1/+0 and have trample.
Sacrifice Full Moon's Rise: Regenerate all Werewolf creatures you control.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Full Moon's Rise Discussion
3 months ago
While it pains me to admit that I actually understand this thread, I think it would be best (and easiest) to consider two things:
- Dimir would fit best with Princess Luna as a character
- Innistrad will have the most "moon-flavor"
Blood Moon , Imprisoned in the Moon , Alpine Moon , Bad Moon , Vampire Nighthawk , Chaos Moon , Full Moon's Rise , Kami of the Crescent Moon , Kami of the Waning Moon , Magus of the Moon , Moon Heron ...
Basically anything with "Moon" in it's name. Also focus on Innistrad, Werewolves and Vampires.
4 months ago
2) for the number of 3-and-4 drops you’re running, i’d suggest a 22nd land.
3) Howlpack Resurgence is garbage and you should aim to instead run more of your good cards like Full Moon's Rise . I’d also ditch Domri, Anarch of Bolas as he just isn’t useful (he doesn’t help you if you’re behind, and doesn’t help you stay ahead well either).
4) for sideboard, the main threats you want to be able to deal with is tron-lands, storm-like-spellcasting, artifacts, and graveyards. In your case you probably also want a way to prevent boardwipes. Damping Sphere is a great option, as is Scavenging Ooze and Tormod's Crypt .
6 months ago
6 months ago
Thank you for the critique! The advice is hella helpful. The Full Moon's Rise is definitely getting dropped. I think I was trying to accommodate the fact a lot of wolf cards also synergize with werewolves, but realizing I had less than 9 or so creatures makes slotting for them a loss for the deck. By accepting the token theme, that also means I can get rid of stuff like Door of Destinies and Herald's Horn since there are so few creature spells. I think I'm going for a full wolf token theme by the looks of it. Overrun and Inspiring Call is totally going in to protect from board wipes and having an extra finisher.
Thanks again for commenting and helping fix up this deck my dude!
6 months ago
I would drop Full Moon's Rise since your not playing any werewolves and try add Nissa's Pilgrimage as it's a good ramp card. Overrun would be a nice add since your deck looks like it wants to fill the board up with wolf tokens and then just stomp.
Inspiring Call would be cool as well as Arlinn will buff your wolves with 1+/1+ counters and you completly protect yourself from board wipes
For your first ever deck though I would say it's really well put together I like it
8 months ago
First off, we would recommend that you main-board the following cards from your maybe-board:
- Eternal Witness ; too good not to have in any deck featuring green because it has so many uses.
- Heroic Intervention ; because board-wipes are a pain when your strategy depends on winning through creature attacks.
- Full Moon's Rise ; for the same reason as we would include Heroic Intervention .
- Decimate ; because it's amazing value for its mana cost and should be a staple in any Gruul deck.
- Tempt with Discovery ; has the potential to give you a big mana advantage over other players.
Then there are some other cards we would include:
- Burgeoning / Exploration ; because playing more lands per turn, especially in the starting phases of a game, is often key to victory.
- Hull Breach ; because like Decimate , it's excellent value.
- Rythm of the Wild ; allows you to cast your werewolves with impunity and gives them bonuses to boot when you do.
We are not entirely sure what we recommend you should remove in order to make room for some of this. Ruric Thar and Mana Barbs come to mind as these seem to hurt you almost as much as your opposition. We're not sure about including Coat of Arms either, as many opponents will benefit from this card too.
Anyways, let us know what you think and good luck with your build. We think this is a promising start.
Mrs and Mr NV_1980
8 months ago
There are so many good werewolves in OG innistrad block. here are some that are really strong, if you do ever feel like buying cards i guess: