|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Homunculus
: Add to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast an instant or sorcery spell.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are three or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, transform Curious Homunculus
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Curious Homunculus Discussion
2 weeks ago
Love the flavour!
3 weeks ago
This deck is super sweet. Gifts Ungiven is an incredible magic card and this deck really makes use of its value potential. A few things I would recommend:
- Go for the Throat is strictly better than Cast Down against most decks, since legendary creatures are much more common than artifact creatures. You could also play Murderous Cut if you weren't comfortable with the downside, but it does hinder your Curious Homunculus Flip and Torrential Gearhulk package a bit
- Hieroglyphic Illumination is super awkward in this deck since on 1 you'd rather cast Opt and on 4 you'd rather cast Gifts Ungiven . I'd probably cut them for 2 more Opt and another value spell
- Thirst for Knowledge isn't great in this deck since you can't take advantage of the "unless you discard an artifact" clause very often. I'd honestly probably cut this for countermagic or removal but if you were really insistent on playing another draw spell Think Twice is much better, especially in Gifts Ungiven piles. I'd also recommend cutting Champion of Wits in this 3-drop slot since it's sorcery speed and your deck really wants to curve 1-2-4 with Curious Homunculus Flip
- Your countermagic package leaves much to be desired. I'd definitely play some number of Remand (if you can afford it) and make your 1-ofs Logic Knot and Mana Leak , or Supreme Will if you're REALLY lacking in card selection. Negate is just too narrow for modern (though it is a good sideboard option) and Condescend is only really good in hand, and even then feels a bit clunky without Blue-Tron levels of mana acceleration
- Fatal Push would be very good in this deck, and from my understanding is pretty inexpensive right now. I'd pick those up and slot them in if you can.
The deck idea here is sweet, and I think with some minor changes it could make a super sweet budge deck. Good luck tuning it and have fun!
2 months ago
I know this isn’t mill, but it is reliant on having a fat graveyard of instants and sorceries and gives you an alternate win condition. I did scan the comments and learned a lot about focusing on mill and how to multiply the effects nicely, but I always like a back up plan. Rise from the Tides. Just one of course, and maybe just in the sideboard. I’m working on a mono blue control deck of my own right now that has the lightest mill using Drowned Secrets to make all blue spells mill spells. I’m only running two because I want to focus on control more than mill. Also from Guilds of Ravnica, it’s a little heavy yeah but works as a counter and helps you not deck out as well: Devious Cover-Up. My deck is also hardcore budget. It’s only 35 bucks cause I’m super poor. Mission Briefing is another card I think will be neat for blue for a long time. I’m not that good at magic or anything though, just some thoughts. And a new favorite of mine, Curious Homunculus Flip. I don’t have him but Baral, Chief of Compliance does the same thing with card draw potential. He’s probably the better card considering he’s a five dollar card and the Homonculus is 24 cents.
4 months ago
Also i would add cards that gives you tokens when you cast instants and sorceries such as Young Pyromancer, Docent of Perfection Flip, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Metallurgic Summonings, and Murmuring Mystic this way you can focus more on casting them and still have creatures Also Primal Amulet Flip, Mizzix of the Izmagnus, Charmbreaker Devils, Electrostatic Field, Sphinx-Bone Wand are a must have. Curious Homunculus Flip, Guttersnipe, Dynavolt Tower, and Pyre Hound would be a good add as well.
5 months ago
Wow, I completely forgot I even posted this. Sorry about that.
I think Curious Homunculus Flip is an interesting option in the side. It has some versatility, as it can be played as 2 more copies of Goblin Electromancer, or it can be used as an alternate win-con, putting the opponent on a clock by swinging in with big Prowess buffs. However, in most matchups, I feel like it would be better to run more counterspells or card draw, so I leave it in the side for some control and aggro matchups.
6 months ago
Cool deck. +1.
6 months ago
I love the deck! Especially using Curious Homunculus Flip! I was wondering, though.. Doesn't Temporal Trespass kind of go against the plan of getting instants/sorceries into the graveyard with it's Delve mechanic?
Also, have you considered running Snapcaster Mage in this? He seems like he would be an all-star for catching an opponent twice with the same counter.
Overall, this is great! +1!
6 months ago
I know this is an old deck but have you consider either
Curious Homunculus occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
U/R (Izzet): 0.06%