Creature — Spirit
When Spell Queller enters the battlefield, exile target spell with converted mana cost 4 or less.
When Spell Queller leaves the battlefield, the exiled card's owner may cast that card without paying its mana cost.
|Have (2)||Oloro_Magic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Spell Queller occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.16%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Spell Queller Discussion
1 month ago
No offense to SynergyBuild or yourself, but this sort of Favorable Winds deck with a lower average cmc is closer to what you'd see in a competitive setting. I haven't updated it in a while and a few cards in it have spiked in price (namely Smuggler's Copter and Spell Queller ), so if you want to save some money I suggest cutting the Copters and Quellers for more Faerie Guidemother / Healer's Hawk / Segovian Angel . Also, depending on how far into the theme you want to get, you could replace the tax creatures ( Mausoleum Wanderer and Judge's Familiar ) with more faeries like Faerie Miscreant .
If you want to take it even further, you could cut most of the non creature cards ( Curious Obsession , Favorable Winds ) to play more Sephara, Sky's Blade and Spellstutter Sprite since they're very good payoffs for having flyers/faeries and are closer to the theme than the enchantments are. The deck will be slower and a bit underpowered without the anthems, though.
1 month ago
Continue with the following styles of cards: flickering, Venerated Loxodon , Squadron Hawk , tokens, banishing ( Banisher Priest , Oblivion Ring , Spell Queller ), destroy the powerful ( Balance , destroy creatures with power 4 or greater, 1/1 gets buffs).
Opinions on white as a color
I really like some of white's old mechanics that just kinda went missing. Land Tax effects, for example, are powerful, interactive, and fun to build around. Armageddon will not be returning, but maybe white could have some other way to punish players for ramping, a spot Leonin Arbiter only somewhat fills.
One of the biggest reasons why I think white is failing is because a lot of its color identity is being stolen by green to make green more interesting. Enchantress effects are more white than green in my opinion. Creatures matter cards are also more likely to be green than white even though white's identity is largely based around creatures. Collected Company and Chord of Calling represent raising an army of small creatures and a collective effort to search for a specific creature, both give off white vibes (while Honor of the Pure effects are less powerful and could be green).
1 month ago
hungry000 I really like the Celestial Kirin idea. I saw it on against the odds, but forgot about it and think it has a chance to work. I don't really know where to go with it though. W or W/G D&T seems like a worse version of an already meta deck and a controlling variant (say, with border posts) seems pretty clunky as I'd likely need a lot of tutors to get the combo together. I've looked into spirit/arcane decks before and they just seemed bad, but with newish spirits like Spell Queller it might be better.
1 month ago
Grubbernaut Those are great options for the deck but I would first try with -1 cruise and -1 ballista for 2 Jaces to try how it would play out. I think that It will play out nicely tho :D
saturn999 casting cruise is not a problem but if u flood with 2 in your oppening hand or first couple draws then they feel little overkill. I'm going to cut back to 3 cruises or even 2. Those Jace's that Grubbernaut mentioned would be great add in for the cruices.
CrowValentine Last FNM I places 3-1 lost in the finals to Bant midrange he had way too much interrupt in he's deck for my low cmc creatures and he had graveyard hate. Those Spell Queller are a bitch. Got the whole deck list together tho :D
1 month ago
Mdmaster13 I'd like to hear your thoughts on this potential version of my golgari Scales deck, I haven't committed to the changes (which is why I made this copy to play around with lol) but these are things I'm considering.
Changes from the list I took to tournament:
I ran into a few hands where Avatar of the Resolute couldn't enter with any counters so I wanted to add more early creatures with +1/+1 counters and more protection ON said creatures. Also Spell Queller was obnoxious and I wanted an answer so that's why I am opting for Transgress the Mind instead of Duress.
1 month ago
I definitely wanna pick up 2x more Hinterland Harbor and maybe look into the cycling lands from amonket/fast lands... currently this is the best I have but Im looking to improve the mana base with about anything short of Misty Rainforest in price... Magosi, the Waterveil is an attempt to squeeze in a VERY situational Savor the Moment / Time Warp into the mana base... im not exactly sold on it however if I have open mana/fogs in hand to negate the opponents extra turn sometimes it can end up being a game winning/win more maneuver later....sometimes...but is more often to my determinant with the opponent playing Field of Ruin soon after I give them an extra turn and i just end up giving them a free turn... It just needs to go.
I really love Howling Mine in theory but letting the opponent pick up there deck usually just ensures them coming up with an answer to beat me.... I agree Narset, Parter of Veils might be a much better choice. Im a little bit torn on Explore ... its super powerful but definitly performs better when Im running 24+ lands perhaps I could consider running higher CMC to get better value from it with things like you said like Riftwing Cloudskate ? but otherwise if I have a lower cmc curve as well as a lower mana count it should probably just be a cantrip like Opt .
I do have a few Eternal Witness laying around so maybe with the addition of at least 4 more fogs and 2-3 E.W. I'll have a lot more resilience... but Cryptic Command / Snapcaster Mage /fetches are gonna be just wishful thinking for this deck... dont have any/not willing to buy at this time... some day though... ive spent so much money over the years on cheeky "budget" cards that I could have totally have had a full playset of snappy/command by now :/
nice catch with Spell Queller in the Spirits game...an oversight on my part that has to be addressed... ive ran Raking Canopy in the SB in previous decklists and it worked out pretty good but im not so sure here....thanks a lot for the input! Im gonna keep tinkering with the list!
1 month ago
- Fetchlands can help mana fix as well as thin the deck a little bit (It only gives you a like 1 or two percentage points so do that last).
- Fast lands and check lands are amazing I would have at least 4 in total between the two. Magosi, the Waterveil doesnt seem like an amazing card to me. You give someone one an extra turn which lets them draw more threats while you don't draw anything. I don't even see UWx Control style decks running it. I would run different lands, maybe some man lands if you want to go that route.
- Howling Mine is only good if you have a way to tap it, so you can break the symmetry. Look at this way, you are looking for 12-N fogs, they are looking for any threat in there deck. Temple bell isn't great for the same reason. They only way to use those cards are with ways to break the symmetry. Narset, Parter of Veils is a better card in general.
- Explore is great ramp when you are running more lands. If you want card draw run Opt .
- Fog Bank is also an amazing creature, being it flys. If you arent playing against bolt affects.
- Sleep can be pretty damaging and it lets you hold onto fogs longer.
- Cryptic Command is wayyyy better than whelming wave. Its always a two for 1. Venser, Shaper Savant is also good. Riftwing Cloudskate is also nice due to the fact you cant stall enough turns. Repeal is also good It can bounce anything, plus draw a card.
- Gigadrowse is an interesting card. I dont fault anyone for taking it. I personally dont like it as much. I think the cards i listed above just do a better job.
- If you use the blue filtering cards like opt, you wont need as many Kioras being you be able to find them easier, plus itll free up more deck space for other cards.
- I can see why you want no ETBs now. The Immortal Sun although higher CMC would shut them down hard as well. Id still probably run T. Orb though. Just throwing that out there.
- Eternal Witness and Snapcaster Mage mages are tempting for you to run being you can recast fogs which makes your deck more powerful. Just having creatures can be ok, because they get you value and can trade which means you dont have to use a fog, and can remove a creature slowing the game. Which are all great things, you can baord them out when you want T. orb.
- For spirits if they are playing a competive list you should just lose. I dont know how you deal with Spell Queller .