Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Creatures your opponents control get-1/-1.
: Exile target card from an opponent’s graveyard. If it was a creature card, you create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.
|Have (4)||Taki117 , Eldritch_Morningstar , DudeMan1031 , GeminiSpartanX|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ethereal Absolution occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.12%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Ethereal Absolution Discussion
3 months ago
Man, I don't know why, but I absolutely love the Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane combo, and that is coming from someone who usually frowns upon land destruction. It's just a shame that Living Plane is so ridiculously expensive...
Have you considered Natural Affinity as a secondary Living Plane? I get your reasoning for not running Nature's Revolt, and the downside is that this is only a one shot effect, but it's 1 mana cheaper than Living Plane, it can be done at instant speed, and you only really need to assemble the combo pieces once to close out the game anyways.
Also, I am surprised not to see Ethereal Absolution in here. Is it just that the other options are stronger?
+1 from me
3 months ago
Emeria Shepherd, Bounty Agent, Righteous Aura. Ethereal Absolution and Increasing Devotion seem like cut-able cards. i would also try to fit in Hanweir Garrison. and if you add in a Cartel Aristocrat or Viscera Seer you have an infinite combo with Sun Titan + Fiend Hunter
3 months ago
A few cards I'd take out for better/stronger alternatives:
Shatter the Sky Playing boardwipes main in your aggro deck is very rarely a good idea.
Revival / Revenge Both sides of the card are pretty mediocre at best.
Athreos, Shroud-Veiled He's fun, but really not that good.
Cards that can be put in instead:
Giant Killer It is an early tapping creature, that doubles as removal.
Law-Rune Enforcer The "weaker" version of Giant Killer, but his tap ability is significantly better.
Tithe Taker A somewhat disruptive creature, that gives you an evasive dude on when he dies.
Tomik, Distinguished Advokist His abilities don't matter much, but a 2/3 flier for 2 should be enough to make up for it.
Gideon Blackblade He's a human on your turn and he's a very strong play on curve. He can be hard to deal with for control decks, keeps you on board after boardwipes and sometimes gets to snipe their best thing with his -6.
Lavabrink Adventurer If you can correctly calculate what to avoid (odd or even), I imagine this guy could be quite annoying to play against.
Taranika, Akroan Veteran Once you have some small dudes to pump up, this guy starts to hit for a bunch.
Reverent Hoplite If you end up harder on white, this guy could end up putting a bunch of power in play.
General Kudro of Drannith This guy does it all in a deck centered around humans. Play all 4.
Sunhome Stalwart Will be hard to beat in combat, once you have a couple of Kudro and/or Lockdowns in play. He also beefs up the tokens on attack, which might come in handy.
There is also the possibility of splashing red for cards like Tajic, Legion's Edge, Stormfist Crusader and Judith, the Scourge Diva, but I believe that some combination of the above will definitely make your decks stronger.
Shaving off the top of the curve means you can take out some lands too (around 2-4, depending on how the new list looks).
Good luck brewing.
4 months ago
Here's some change I do on my deck:
- Skullclamp -> Seal of the Guildpact : Seal of the Guildpact have too much high CMC for the value that I can gain with it, so I change with something that will make me draw a lot more cards (mostly because of Teysa's doubling trigger).
- Scheming Symmetry -> Tome of the Guildpact: Tome of the Guildpact has too much high CMC to draw a card sometimes and tap for one mana, so I prefer to use a tutor that can give me an opportunity to do some politic with someone.
- Leonin Relic-Warder -> Solemn Simulacrum: I have a lot of card that make me draw a card of make me more mana, do I decide to put an infinite combo piece in this deck.
- Animate Dead -> Ethereal Absolution: Ethereal Absolution has a high CMC only to buff a little bit my creature (and so to ruin skullclamp potential) nd to make a 1/1 spirit. I choose to put an infitie combo piece that will help me sometimes.
- Swords to Plowshares > Unmake : It's more effective!
- Generous Gift > Mortify : I can choose a permanent, so I'm not restrict to choose a creature or an enchantment.
- Idyllic Tutor > Altar's Reap : I highly prefer tutoring than drawing cards. Plus, Idyllic Tutor is not so expensive and I can choose an enchantment that will make me win easier!
- Living Death > Entreat the Dead: I will try Living Death (hey, that's my deck name!), seeing if this card will help me a lot. If it's not the case, I will change it with Entreat the Dead.
- Astral Cornucopia -> Orzhov Signet : I want to have an artifact that will make me a lot of mana, and Astral Cornucopia is something that I really want to try!
- Crypt Ghast -> Dutiful Attendant: Crypt Ghast will help me ramping my deck if I need some manas, but I keep in mind Dutiful Attendant in case I see a place for him.
A big thanks to multimedia for the tips!
4 months ago
4 months ago
Version 2.1. Mystery booster draft best picks. -Moldervine Reclamation, +Kin-Tree Invocation // -Bedeck / Bedazzle, +Azra Oddsmaker // -Ethereal Absolution, +Zealous Persecution // -Castle Embereth, +Artisan of Kozilek // -Gate Colossus, +Renegade Map // -Clockwork Servant, +Sigil of Valor // -Diamond Knight,+ Bomat Bazaar Barge // -Griffin Protector, +Cast Out // -Shining Aerosaur, +Dictate of Heliod // -Battlefield Promotion, +Cartouche of Solidarity // -Terror, +Skeletal Scrying // -Raging Goblin, +Ghitu Lavarunner // -Ancient Hellkite, +Flametongue Kavu // -Overgrowth, +Grapple with the Past // -Unsummon, +Man-o'-War // -Chillbringer, +The Mirari Conjecture // -Thunder Drake, +Sigiled Starfish
4 months ago
Teysa, Orzhov Scion could be a nice fit in here with all the afterlife you have, and then with all your tokens, Ethereal Absolution has some potential. And then Elenda, the Dusk Rose is just made for this deck.
Abyssal Gatekeeper is the equivalent of a Merciless Executioner but for death triggers. Ancient Stone Idol makes two beefy tokens on death. Cavalier of Night is nice removal and double revival on its own death.
6 months ago
Yes. Ethereal Absolution's ability is a static ability and applies to all relevant creatures without having to use the stack or wait to resolve. Fabricate is a triggered ability and will therefore go on the stack and wait to resolve. This means that there will be a round of priority before it resolves. Before a player receives priority state-based actions will be checked and Angel of Invention will be put in the graveyard for having 0 or less toughness.