|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Well of Knowledge
(2): Draw a card. Any player may play this ability but only during his or her draw step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Well of Knowledge Discussion
1 week ago
Well of Knowledge if you pay a fee we will grant you a bonus card for your draw step
Avenger en-Dal once per turn and only during combat but we got a machine gun of exile attackers
Spiritual Asylum let's buy some time to get ready for battle shall we
Kill Switch holy crud the breya ramp is getting to fast ...HIT THE EMEGENCY STOP QUICK!!!
Detritivore delicious nonbasic land removal that's untouchable and the chances of targets being on the field same odds of finding a cow on a field near a farm
Mana Maze oh that's evil star especially since I'm using it in eldrazi decks with devoid cards wich is a loop hole around this.
Hammer Mage a driver for the street sweeper of artifact cards in play
Volcanic Wind hmmmm only six to do easily atleast 20+ damage to creatures and sweep...amazing
Once a upon a time someone just cast Wrath of God esc card then all the sudden I play Natural Affinity then after resolve I cast Eerie Interlude or Teferi's Protection and either resolve every one surrenders and possible a table flip happens because now it sweeps the lands and creatures excepts mine the end.
Soulquake a board sweep and group hug at the same time sweet
Sages of the Anima and this isn't a Animar staple because?
Fight to the Death hey I also played a all creatures are forced to block a particular creature escape card earlier board sweep for one player
Balancing Act is that what I... IT IS!!!
A LOOP HOLE OF PLAYING Balance!!!
Teferi's Protection your board then they have to sacrifice all the permanents
Well hope you like my stuff might have more in the future
4 months ago
as for multani, actually ran him in an odd "semi-group hug" deck. Dragon Fangs can enchant him, despite having shroud, and between Well of Knowledge, Howling Mine and Rites of Flourishing he had enough bonus draw to keep him big enough to one shot in three player games. lot of fun. highly recommend it.
11 months ago
HUFFDADDY Tower of Fortunes is my choice between each of these, easy to cast mid-game, usable late-game to change stale board, while Well of Knowledge is too risky and unbalanced. Don't consider Well of Knowledge if you're not 100% feeling it.
The cards I would consider getting rid of are Mirrorworks (it's good, but it never was for me XD, so I can't suggest it), Paradox Engine (for 5 mana, there are better cards that re-utilize mana rocks and cards with activated abilities: Clock of Omens), Sisay's Ring (considering you already run 14 mana rocks, you don't need more ramp that does not have another usage, like Hedron Archive for instance) and Steel Overseer (considering you only run 11 artefact creature, in a Karn, Silver Golem decks it's good because you can stack counters on random artefact between turns, but here it's just mediocre, it can easily die and needs a lot of work to pay-off, not an incredible card in commander).
Also, I assure you lowering cards cost is an incredible thing, so you should reconsider Cloud Key and Semblance Anvil over any of your 14 mana rocks. You already run Urza's Incubator and Foundry Inspector, I think you can understand the power in them.
Overall, the changes for sure :
Any other way, the deck is still really good: lots of ramp, lots of pay-off, with fair amount of draw/answer/support cards!
11 months ago
mahdik, Thanks again for the help. Here's what I've decided to do so far:
Dark Depths is fun but not necessary
Mishra's Helix is so awesome, I've loved this card for a long time but also not necessary for this deck.
11 months ago
In your maybebaord you have some tasty cards, see the next few lines:
- You run a lot of mana rock, you should then definitely consider Clock of Omens, it could give you a lot of free mana. You could then get rid of Doubling Cube or Voltaic Key, which are both great cards on their own (with entire different mechanic), but not on the same level as Clock of Omens (especially for commander in the case of Voltaic Key);
- In the same vain, you should also play more draw engine to utilize that mana you already have: Tower of Fortunes is one of my favorite for exemple. I know draw engine can be difficult in colorless. If your meta has no infinite-mana combo, or any deck that do similar to yours, I STRONGLY advice you to play Well of Knowledge, it's an incredible card for commander, but it's more casual minded;
- Metalworker is another all-star, no wonder why it's limited in vintage. You should definitely play it, no way you can skip that.
About the mainboard:
- If you run Thespian's Stage, you could play Dark Depths, but it's not obligated;
- I see you run a lot of equip-protection like Whispersilk Cloak or the good old Lightning Greaves, if you want more I suggest Champion's Helm, Darksteel Plate or Mask of Avacyn, but I don't think you need more, just a thought;
- You run a lot of mana rock, so mana cost reducer are not that important, but nonetheless, they are still very good, so I suggest Cloud Key and Semblance Anvil;
- Eldrazi Conscription is really meuh.... I suggest you get rid of it.
Random cards I would consider:
- Mishra's Helix is a pretty funny card if you want to play more control, with all that mana you play right now you can literally kill people turn's even before they start it. But that card is really uncommon and eccentric. If you look at my decks you'll see I like to play strange cards XD.
- What do you target with Strionic Resonator? I'm interested.
Overall, great deck, super fun to play robots!
1 year ago
I love a good mono-red BEATS deck! How does Urza's Rage sound? Chandra, Pyromaster is a cheap planeswalker than can copy a devastating damage spell. Dual Casting for more copying. If you want to have fun and gamble, Fiery Gambit can attract a crowd to your table to watch (Imagine copying it!). Braid of Fire Ain't cheap, but it'll supply you with mana. Wild Ricochet is almost an auto-include for me (saved me multiple times). run Brand if card stealing is heavy in your meta.
Card Draw: Unfortunately, Red mana doesn't have great access to card draw without discard effects; Avaricious Dragon, Browbeat can net a few cards, Burning Inquiry, Goblin Lore, Control of the Court, Mindmoil does a dope job of letting you dig through your library. ALOT of wheel effects.
BUT Geth's Grimoire Makes amazing use of these wheel effects!!
You might be interested in Otherworld Atlas. Yes it gives everybody cards, but hardly anyone can complain or target the guy giving everyone cards. Arcane Spyglass makes use of unneeded mana. Farsight Mask, Font of Mythos, Illuminated Folio, Staff of Nin, Well of Knowledge,
Sorry for the gross wall of text, hope this helps!!
1 year ago
Have you considered Well of Knowledge? You lure people to draw cards and the tap out their own mana to do it.
1 year ago
Predator, Flagship is a funny way to pick off opponent's creatures.
Well of Knowledge is fun for drawing cards.