Well of Knowledge
(2): Draw a card. Any player may play this ability but only during his or her draw step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Well of Knowledge Discussion
3 months ago
HUFFDADDY Tower of Fortunes is my choice between each of these, easy to cast mid-game, usable late-game to change stale board, while Well of Knowledge is too risky and unbalanced. Don't consider Well of Knowledge if you're not 100% feeling it.
The cards I would consider getting rid of are Mirrorworks (it's good, but it never was for me XD, so I can't suggest it), Paradox Engine (for 5 mana, there are better cards that re-utilize mana rocks and cards with activated abilities: Clock of Omens), Sisay's Ring (considering you already run 14 mana rocks, you don't need more ramp that does not have another usage, like Hedron Archive for instance) and Steel Overseer (considering you only run 11 artefact creature, in a Karn, Silver Golem decks it's good because you can stack counters on random artefact between turns, but here it's just mediocre, it can easily die and needs a lot of work to pay-off, not an incredible card in commander).
Also, I assure you lowering cards cost is an incredible thing, so you should reconsider Cloud Key and Semblance Anvil over any of your 14 mana rocks. You already run Urza's Incubator and Foundry Inspector, I think you can understand the power in them.
Overall, the changes for sure :
Any other way, the deck is still really good: lots of ramp, lots of pay-off, with fair amount of draw/answer/support cards!
3 months ago
mahdik, Thanks again for the help. Here's what I've decided to do so far:
Dark Depths is fun but not necessary
Mishra's Helix is so awesome, I've loved this card for a long time but also not necessary for this deck.
3 months ago
In your maybebaord you have some tasty cards, see the next few lines:
- You run a lot of mana rock, you should then definitely consider Clock of Omens, it could give you a lot of free mana. You could then get rid of Doubling Cube or Voltaic Key, which are both great cards on their own (with entire different mechanic), but not on the same level as Clock of Omens (especially for commander in the case of Voltaic Key);
- In the same vain, you should also play more draw engine to utilize that mana you already have: Tower of Fortunes is one of my favorite for exemple. I know draw engine can be difficult in colorless. If your meta has no infinite-mana combo, or any deck that do similar to yours, I STRONGLY advice you to play Well of Knowledge, it's an incredible card for commander, but it's more casual minded;
- Metalworker is another all-star, no wonder why it's limited in vintage. You should definitely play it, no way you can skip that.
About the mainboard:
- If you run Thespian's Stage, you could play Dark Depths, but it's not obligated;
- I see you run a lot of equip-protection like Whispersilk Cloak or the good old Lightning Greaves, if you want more I suggest Champion's Helm, Darksteel Plate or Mask of Avacyn, but I don't think you need more, just a thought;
- You run a lot of mana rock, so mana cost reducer are not that important, but nonetheless, they are still very good, so I suggest Cloud Key and Semblance Anvil;
- Eldrazi Conscription is really meuh.... I suggest you get rid of it.
Random cards I would consider:
- Mishra's Helix is a pretty funny card if you want to play more control, with all that mana you play right now you can literally kill people turn's even before they start it. But that card is really uncommon and eccentric. If you look at my decks you'll see I like to play strange cards XD.
- What do you target with Strionic Resonator? I'm interested.
Overall, great deck, super fun to play robots!
4 months ago
I love a good mono-red BEATS deck! How does Urza's Rage sound? Chandra, Pyromaster is a cheap planeswalker than can copy a devastating damage spell. Dual Casting for more copying. If you want to have fun and gamble, Fiery Gambit can attract a crowd to your table to watch (Imagine copying it!). Braid of Fire Ain't cheap, but it'll supply you with mana. Wild Ricochet is almost an auto-include for me (saved me multiple times). run Brand if card stealing is heavy in your meta.
Card Draw: Unfortunately, Red mana doesn't have great access to card draw without discard effects; Avaricious Dragon, Browbeat can net a few cards, Burning Inquiry, Goblin Lore, Control of the Court, Mindmoil does a dope job of letting you dig through your library. ALOT of wheel effects.
BUT Geth's Grimoire Makes amazing use of these wheel effects!!
You might be interested in Otherworld Atlas. Yes it gives everybody cards, but hardly anyone can complain or target the guy giving everyone cards. Arcane Spyglass makes use of unneeded mana. Farsight Mask, Font of Mythos, Illuminated Folio, Staff of Nin, Well of Knowledge,
Sorry for the gross wall of text, hope this helps!!
5 months ago
Have you considered Well of Knowledge? You lure people to draw cards and the tap out their own mana to do it.
6 months ago
Predator, Flagship is a funny way to pick off opponent's creatures.
Well of Knowledge is fun for drawing cards.
8 months ago
Assault Suit is a bit of a stretch, but I want SOMEONE to run it.
Love the deck. GG had by all.
9 months ago
Thanks for the comment, DraxLord.
The main reason I created this deck was because of seeing players, especially at card shops, who play the game as if their self-worth depended on them winning, taking the game much too seriously, and not seeming to enjoy any of it.
Although I have eleven EDH decks, and I play this one fairly rarely, just sitting down and placing the purple hippo into the Command Zone seems to lighten up the whole table immediately. Even the grinders have to smile.
Another thing I don't think I've talked about yet in the comment stream is how inexpensively the bones of this deck can be put together. According to the TCG Player price over on the right, this deck cost about $180.00 to build, but it can be built much cheaper if you take out just a few cards like, Aluren, Anvil of Bogardan and/or Mikokoro, Center of the Sea. Most of the other cards are 2-3 dollars or less, with many being under a dollar. Mikokoro could just be replaced with a basic, and the others could be replaced with some of the other cool group-hug cards that are out there, like Well of Knowledge, Arcane Melee, Unifying Theory, etc.