You lose 2 life and draw two cards, then clash with an opponent. If you win, repeat this process. (Each clashing player reveals the top card of his or her library, then puts that card on the top or bottom. A player wins if his or her card had a higher converted mana cost.)
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hoarder's Greed Discussion
1 year ago
würd empfehle(aus idee): Sigiled Sword of Valeron Gallant Cavalry Kinsbaile Cavalier Josu Vess, Lich Knight Fiendslayer Paladin History of Benalia Eastern Paladin Western Paladin Northern Paladin Southern Paladin Knight of Dawn Door of Destinies Stoneforge Masterwork Sword of the Animist Gideon, Ally of Zendikar Retribution of the Meek
2 years ago
Well of Lost Dreams is solid card draw in a lifegain deck. Angelheart Vial is actually not great, but it at least fits the theme. Necropotence might be good here, since you've got ways to kill it and ways to gain more life so you don't end up locked out of drawing cards. I don't see a lot of ways to take advantage of your graveyard, so Skeletal Scrying is a solid option. And there's several other one-shot card-drawing spells in black you could take advantage of - Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Hoarder's Greed.
This isn't exactly card draw, but Whip of Erebos is awesome with your commander and it might be worth an include because of that. If you let Obzedat go to the graveyard when it dies, you can just Whip it back on your turn. At the end of the turn, as long as you stack Obzedat's exile trigger on top of Whip's, you'll get your Obzedat back like normal. Whip won't interfere with Obzedat's exile trigger. If you do go this route, you probably want to make sure to have a few more ways to get Obzedat out of your graveyard, whether it's exile or Raise Dead or reanimation. Nezumi Graverobber is a classic Commander card and could be sweet.
How about some creature cuts? I'd cut:
- Serra Avatar because you have no way to give it evasion, so it's just going to get chumped by Squirrels
- High Priest of Penance because you don't have ways to abuse it, so it's just a really awkward Vindicate that often won't work
- Treasury Thrull because casting a six-mana 4/4 feels so bad and even if it lives a round so it can attack, it's very likely to get blocked by something that will kill it
- Hokori, Dust Drinker because this deck is full of 5-, 6- and 7-drops and it doesn't have a lot of artifact mana or Seedborn Muse or Sword of Feast and Famine to make the effect less symmetrical. Against decks with more ramp or a lower curve, Hokori is a liability.
2 years ago
Slaughter - seems good with extort stuff
Esper Panorama - more fetch lands!
Consuming Vapors - kill spell and life gain
Well of Lost Dreams - card draw!
I hope you get to enjoy the fun of finding hidden gems in all the cards you have sitting around! Let me know if you want to debate any cards!!!
4 years ago
Nice deck, seems like a lot of fun to surprise people with how you're using the commander!
Some possible cards that use CMC: Accelerated Mutation, Bounteous Kirin, Cabal Conditioning, Consume the Meek, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Fierce Empath, Forced March, Gaze of Granite, Hoarder's Greed, Krosan Drover, Living Destiny, Necroplasm, Recross the Paths, Seasons Past, Wave of Terror, and Woodland Guidance.
Yanu on Meren deck
4 years ago
Hello there,Personally I would cut
- Cloudthresher - he does nothing, except for killing flying tokens, only flying tokens
- Champion of Stray Souls - Sepulchral Primordial
- Deathrite Shaman - If you need ramp, make it as synergic with Meren as possible - Burnished Hart, Yavimaya Granger, Diligent Farmhand - all of these kill themselves, pumping your experience
- Great Oak Guardian - Craterhoof Behemoth
- Hag Hedge-Mage - This card isn't very good, especially in multiplayer pods
- Korozda Guildmage - This too
- Lotleth Troll - This card isn't really good in EDH
- Marrow Chomper - Green has better lifegain options, but life is not that important, you should scare away your opponents with giant creatures, so they dont attack you :)
- Mycoloth - Can be good in casual pools, but if you sacrifice your tokens to him and he eats a Path to Exile, you're in a very bad spot
- Pathbreaker Ibex - Craterhoof Behemoth
- Polluted Dead - Just nope.
- Reclamation Sage - If you want cards that kill themselves, there's Sylvok Replica and even Caustic Caterpillar
- Satyr Wayfinder - There are better ramp options
- Skullwinder - Why would you give anything to your opponents, when there is Reclaim, Restock and Noxious Revival?
- Spore Frog - While this can be useful in casual pods, it's always better to kill them before they can damage you :)
- Viridian Emissary - Look up to the Deathrite Shaman comment
- Wood Elves - If you plan on buying Overgrown Tomb it can stay, otherwise any of the Deathrite replacements or even Farhaven Elf is better.
From artifacts I'd toss:
- Thought Vessel - Reliquary Tower also does this, no need to duplicate
- Golgari Signet - If you have green, there's always something better than a signet
What should be instantly binned: (Get the pun?:D)
- Gaze of the Gorgon
- Golgari Charm - To protect your creatures, there are other options available, think Asceticism
- Grisly Salvage - If you wanna dig on a spell, try Hoarder's Greed or Dregs of Sorrow
- Tribute to the Wild - Since your general is all about reanimating creatures, keep this effect on a creature
What is this sorcery?:
- Barter in Blood - Black has plenty of removal that hurts your opponents more than you, In Garruk's Wake for example.
- Death Frenzy - Infest effects are generally bad in EDH
- Dread Summons - This card can be dangerous, as reanimation is popular in EDH, either be ready to purge your opponent's graveyards or bin it.
- Mulch - The effect is too weak
- Overwhelming Stampede - I prefer this effect on small Garruk
- Primal Growth - I would replace it with Far Wanderings, since it's all about graveyard sheaningans
- Sadistic Sacrament - Since you're gonna sac alot, try Bitter Ordeal
- Victimize - You already reanimate your graveyard, try stealing something from your opponents' (Rise from the Grave, Animate Dead, Dance of the Dead)
Now, for the replacements:
What I love about B/G decks, is the powerful package that Crop Rotation brings in: Mortuary Mire for returning a creature in a pinch, Glacial Chasm for protection, Blighted Fen for an edict, Bojuka Bog for instant graveyard purge to that pesky Mer... reanimator player and some other options.
And If you didn't fall asleep, don't forget the staples:
Tooth and Nail for instawins, Solemn Simulacrum for a birthing pod chain element and good value, Cauldron of Souls because in this deck, it's gonna be disgusting. Another good pod target would be Phyrexian Delver.
Remember to keep a few options for each CMC in the pod chain.