InstantTarget player sacrifices a creature, then gains life equal to that creature's toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Devour Flesh Discussion
1 day ago
3 days ago
Well, in Teysa, you always have the option of racing to some sort of combo (This is being said without looking at your deck lists), but otherwise, your game plan should just be sac outlets until they can't pay for it, and by that time you've taken the game over anyway. Geth's Verdict, Devour Flesh, Innocent Blood, Black Sun's Zenith, Mutilate, other board wipes. Just kill her over and over.
And I don't think that I can help much with the blue deck, as blue EDH isn't exactly my style. Someone else should be able to offer some insight though!
5 days ago
2 weeks ago
Also, I say go with 21 Swamps. Forget all that other jazz.
2 weeks ago
Aethaleon I imagine White would be the most devastating with stuff that gets around Indestructible like Merciless Eviction, Exiles etc. Black is primarily creature destroy Damnation etc. or sac creature stuff which is also pretty devastating Chainer's Edict, Devour Flesh etc. I feel White would be the bigger problem in that regard you still have ways of getting your creatures back against Black.
2 weeks ago
Then the can't just search for a Dryad Arbor and sac instead.
1 month ago
What i find really hard to decide:
1 month ago
Yeah, basically shroud protects your creature from
- Instants, sorceries and triggered or activated abilities that use the word "target" (so, for example Unsummon, Void Snare, Aven Surveyor and Waterfront Bouncer would all be unable to return a shroud creature to your hand, but you can still choose to return the creature to satisfy the triggered ability on Invasive Species or as the recipient of the +1/+1 counters coming from Bolster, because, while these effects ask that you pick a creature, they don't explicitly use the word "target")
- Auras that are being cast. While Auras do not explicitly use the word "target", the act of picking a recipient for your Aura when you cast it is considered targeting.
However, there are effects that can still affect a creature without targeting. Most notably:
- Creatures with Shroud are still affected by effects that interest "all creatures" or "every creature" or a subset thereof, if the creature is part of that subset (i.e. if you pick the mode on Temur Charm that prevents creatures with power 3 or less to block, and you control Argothian Enchantress, she still won't be able to block). Wrath of God and similar effects still destroy shroud creatures, and so on.
- As said earlier, there are effects that force a player to pick a creature without targeting. Most notably, you can sacrifice your Shroud creature to Devour Flesh (And you will have to, if you don't have any other creature). These effects are recognizable because they simply do not use the word "target".
I can think of a couple more corner cases that allow a player to circumvent Shroud, but these are unlikely to be relevant very often. However, you might find yourself playing Commander, where every corner case happens all the time, so I thought I'd mention them.
- If you somehow put an aura onto the battlefield without casting it (let's say you attacked with Sun Titan and Pacifism was in your graveyard, or maybe you cast Genesis Hydra for 5 and found Spectra Ward) it will automatically attach itself to something that it can enchant. This does not count as targeting and the card will only look at what it says after "enchant" (so the aforementioned Pacifism, since it says "enchant creature", will only be able to attach itself to a creature as opposed to, say, a land, but it won't check if that creature can be targeted - this is as far as I know the only case for which "cannot be enchanted" is does something that "cannot be targeted" doesn't)
- Voting is also not considered Targeting, so Shroud creatures can still be exiled with Council's Judgment , which I always found incredibly weird.
|Avg. draft pick||4.15|
|Avg. cube pick||2.51|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh
- Devour Flesh + Dying Wish
- Devour Flesh + Dying Wish + Sanguine Bond
- Devour Flesh + Ordeal of Heliod + Sunbond
- Devour Flesh + Soul Ransom
- Bearer of the Heavens + Devour Flesh
- Athreos, God of Passage + Bearer of the Heavens + Devour Flesh
- Desecration Demon + Devour Flesh
- Devour Flesh + Rain of Gore
- Consuming Aberration + Devour Flesh + Dying Wish
- Devour Flesh + Life's Legacy
- Devour Flesh + Marchesa, the Black Rose
- Devour Flesh + Undying Evil