|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
KickerTap an untapped Vampire you control. (You may tap a Vampire you control in addition to any other costs as you cast this spell.)
Target opponent loses half his or her life, rounded up. If Blood Tribute was kicked, you gain life equal to the life lost this way.
|Have (7)||Mortiferus_Rosa , , saj0219 , Bluboltar , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , metalmagic , Pumpkinking913|
Blood Tribute Discussion
3 weeks ago
So here is my update Gidgetimer. I am adding Drogskol Reaver , and dropping Severed Strands . The cards like Revival / Revenge is mostly for ending the game, and Blood Tribute . Generally my group isnt like, u could say luke super competetive. I like to say we are newbies. I am prob keeping Counterlash . I might change it out later. I thought it might be interesting. Seal Away I also going out. So here is the final.
I don't know about Swords to Plowshares . I am going to make big changes over time. Thx for commenting.
3 weeks ago
Just noticed you already added Dawn of Hope still 11 cuts because I also forgot to add it to the number.
- Book of Rass - direct swap out for Greed since the latter is a better card.
- Gideon's Reproach - direct swap out for Swords to Plowshares since the latter is a better card.
- Counterlash - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, a lot of mana for a counter and a chance at a free card.
- Disperse - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not even really permanent removal.
- Wing Shards - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not all important creatures have to attack.
- Seal Away - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, tapped clause is not great.
- Nevinyrral's Disk - without Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice it just slows the game down. This may offer you a better chance to win, or you may like long games for the sake of long games. I dislike long games enough that I would cut it.
- Severed Strands - you have 13 creatures and can't afford to sacrifice them, especially at sorcery speed, if we are winning via combat.
- Blood Tribute - halving a single player's life total is either going to make you an enemy or not do much depending on how late it is in the game. Making enemies isn't something you want to do in pillow fort decks since most people could pay the taxes, just why bother when they can attack someone else and not pay unless they have a reason to focus you down.
- Revival / Revenge - Not a fan of low CMC only reanimate, see above for the rationale on the other half.
- Revitalize - I don't like cards that just gain life, cantriping is not enough to get me to like it.
3 months ago
Stuff I'd cut:
Duskborne Skymarcher - not enough impact
Erdwal Ripper - bad
Falkenrath Exterminator bad
Furyblade Vampire good for madness but not for this deck
Havengul Vampire not good enough
Kheru Bloodsucker bad
Licia, Sanguine Tribune only good as commander in a deck built around him. Here it's just bad for 8 mana
Nirkana Revenant not bad but not really that useful either since only about a thrid of your lands are swamps anyways
Voracious Vampire bad
Stuff I'd definitely add:
Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Bloodline Keeper Flip
Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
Butcher of Malakir
Shadow Alley Denizen
Stuff I'd consider adding:
Bishop of Binding
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
Legion's Landing Flip
Olivia, Mobilized for War
Patron of the Vein
Urge to Feed
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Voldaren Pariah Flip
Details as for why I'd add certain cards and cut others I'll give you the next time we get to talk :)
3 months ago
Koka, in this deck i don't run a combo win con because i really dont like the combo's that fit into Edgar!
Im gonna keep it in mind a little bit longer ^^ but a swap with Diabolic Tutor is indeed a good call ! Thx for the help mate
4 months ago
Wanted to throw in my motions for my meta-tuning/upcoming release :
Blood Tribute -> Revival//Revenge - Well covered in thread already! Strictly better.
Thaumatic Compass Flip -> Weathered Wayfarer - I typically find myself with this card in hand in low mana situations, leaving me in a position where I'm painfully waiting for a third mana to crack it. Wayfarer is cheaper and can find maze quicker than Compass transforming if desired.
Virtus the Veiled -> Surgical Extraction - Virtus generates too much heat at my table without evasion/haste feels like a dead card; I feel the same about master of cruelties, but payoff is far greater. I've seen a rise in early game Entomb/Reanimate effects - I've been hit twice with a turn 2 It That Betrays in the last month, along with a Shadowborn Apostle deck becoming a heavy hitter at my local LGS and an infinite spore frog loop.. I don't want to use Rest In Peace, etc. since that will generate too much hate, as opposed to singling out a combo piece. Also, the surprise 0 cost will catch even the best players off guard.
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent -> The Scorpion God - Too many sacrifice effects in my meta for this to be worth the slot; it’s also killed me twice due to Homeward Path type effects. Scorpion God seems like a good politicial tool and dump for mana kept open for instants before next turn, also card draw.
4 months ago
I think I agree with all of Gus's cuts except for Chandra's Ignition (which seems pretty good given how big Licia will often be and its lifelink) and Teferi's Protection (though that does cost like 30 dollars fyi). I'd also cut: Cliffhaven Vampire , Defiant Bloodlord - the body on him is really bad, Vindicate - instant speed hurts this a lot. Damnable Pact - I think you can do better. Blood Tribute - There's an Orzhov split card that does this but better in the new set.
I'd agree with most of Gus's adds, except for Unburial Rites . I think the card draw is the most important to add. I'd also consider: Sunforger , Angelic Accord , Bloodsworn Steward , Dawn of Hope , Burnished Hart (the statistic episode of Command Zone made me put this in nearly every nongreen deck). Finally, Manabarbs also seems kinda funny since you should be at much higher life than everyone else.
Finally, your landbase is kinda mismatched at the moment. But, I figure you'll make those shifts later.
4 months ago
I think that Revival/Revenge is definitely an upgrade from Blood Tribute since the kicker is highly improbable and Vampire Nighthawk is no longer in the deck, a bonus is that revival could prove useful in future builds
4 months ago
ThaneGarrus and precociousapprentice very good points. 7 mana is alot, but i would make the exception with this card because its so juicy. However, it would make me an instant target at the table, not just by the enchanted player, but the other player (my play group is 2 other friends of mine) just because its a dick card lol. Maybe ill have this card in a curse deck of some kind in the future, but its one of those cards i know i want to play with. But youre both right, it doesnt fit very well in here. Smothering Tithe looks so perfect for this deck tho, i can definitely see this being great with fetching Debt to the Deathless and mana sink in this like crazy. Also, do you think the new orzhov split card could replace Blood Tribute?
Blood Tribute occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%