|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Celestial Convergence enters the battlefield with seven omen counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove an omen counter from Celestial Convergence. If there are no omen counters on Celestial Convergence, the player with the highest life total wins the game. If two or more players are tied for highest life total, the game is a draw.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Celestial Convergence Discussion
5 days ago
1 month ago
Aetherflux Reservoir serves as another nice wincon. If you want to put in the money, you also can toss in Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond for a nice "piss-off-your-friends-wincon". Celestial Convergence and Test of Endurance work as well.
If I were building Oloro, I would definitely put in some more pillowfort cards, because, face it, you're bound to get attacked sooner or later. Aurification, No Mercy, Koskun Falls, Windborn Muse, Propaganda, and maybe Sphere of Safety are all really good here.
I also would suggest more sweepers like Cyclonic Rift, Cataclysm, Mutilate, Tragic Arrogance, etc. to account for cards like Avacyn, Angel of Hope. But what do I know, maybe no one in your playgroup runs her.
I am literally typing this right before class, so this, unfortunately, is all I can say for now. Hope my suggestions (or giant wall of text, whatever you want to call it) helped, and good luck with the deck.
1 month ago
Some suggestions on what to remove, stat!
Creatures (6) :
Bloodbond Vampire (too slow)
Copper Myr (any elf, Llanowar Elves for example, can do the same job, for cheaper)
Cryptbreaker (barely useful in here)
Defiant Bloodlord (way too costly for the sanguine bond effect)
Gold Myr (try Avacyn's Pilgrim instead)
Leaden Myr (see the other Myrs...)
Instants (2) :
Doom Blade (black is a common color played in commander)
Safe Passage (most of the time, it'll sit in your hand)
Artifacts (0) :
Nothing to remove here. Joy!
Sorceries (1) :
Diabolic Tutor (too slow for a tutor, most of the time)
Enchantments (5) :
Angelic Accord (Seems good, but it takes up something better in your curve)
Cradle of Vitality (If only you didn't have to pay mana for the effect...)
Arrest, Pacifism, One Thousand Lashes (Take removals to replace those pseudo-removals)
Planeswalkers (0) :
Unless they are so bad (I'm looking at you, Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, never remove planeswalkers!
Total removed for the first cut : 14 cards.
Now! Options to consider in a lifegain build :
Exquisite Blood, Celestial Convergence, Test of Endurance, Beacon of Immortality, Tainted Remedy, Celestial Mantle, Erebos, God of the Dead, Aetherflux Reservoir, Well of Lost Dreams, Pristine Talisman...
Some removals :
Hope this helps!
2 months ago
Hey TheSpiritombEnthusiast, I really appreciate your input. I've never heard of a lot of those cards! My thoughts:
- Winter Orb - I'd like to run this, but I only have a couple of things in the deck that can tap it. (I do love the fact that the text has been updated to maintain the "tap to turn off" rule that used to apply to all "continuous" artifacts.)
- Torpor Orb - Hooboy, I can see this forcing some decks into "creative" play and causing some frustration. And a two drop! I like...
- Trinisphere - Nice, but same comment as I had for Winter Orb. If I can figure out a reliable way to control it, I could see it fitting nicely.
- Defense Grid - Wow. I guess this probably slows things down a lot but fills the board with permanents over a few turns? Seems powerful for sure.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Now that is a ridiculous card. Must have.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council - I was looking for something to replace High Priest of Penance, and this is absolutely perfect!
- Sphere of Safety - Nice! Not sure if my enchantment subtheme is quite strong enough to run this right now, but I will definitely keep it in mind.
- Test of Endurance - This seems almost too powerful in EDH. But it does provide a reliable win condition, something I think this deck is lacking.
- Celestial Convergence - This one I'm a bit less excited about, but I guess if I learn to work the life gain properly it should work well for me.
- Dream Tides - If I ever get around to putting a side board together, this will be in it.
- Crawlspace - Back in the day I wouldn't have thought much of this card, but that was before you could generate an army of token critters. Nice one.
Again, thanks a lot for your feedback. Do you have any suggestions for cuts? I've monkeyed around with this deck to the point that I'm starting to feel unreasonably attached to everything in it.
2 months ago
Welcome to the format! Fellow Oloro player here. Perusing over your decklist, this seems like a great start. That mana curve is just glorious. I know you said that you wanted a deck that's fun to play against, but I'm really feeling a lean towards a stax build, what with all the permanent destruction and bounce effects you've got in here. Drop in some things like Winter Orb, Torpor Orb, Trinisphere, Defense Grid, and the like. Though honestly, you could go in just about any direction. Lifegain builds usually run things like Aetherflux Reservoir and Karlov of the Ghost Council, and those could easily be swapped in. Since Zur is here, you could also run an enchantment subtheme, adding in some things like Sphere of Safety, Test of Endurance, and so on. A decent few of those are old cards as well. Addressing the vintage theme, Celestial Convergence, Dream Tides, and Crawlspace are all good choices with older printings. Good luck!
3 months ago
Anyway, here are some suggestions.
Blind Obedience - good way to slow down your opponents and gain+drain life!
Divinity of Pride - 8/8 flying lifelinker for 5. Think about it.
Gray Merchant of Asphodel - could be worth it. Has a big butt so you can sack him later.
Why no Vault of the Archangel?
Angelic Accord - a steady stream of 4/4 flyers for 1 mana each turn.
3 months ago
i like the deck. Similar to my Friendly? why yes everything dies! deck that banks on people thinking im a group hug deck until T4 were i blow everything up and continue to do it with the 30+ board wipes in the deck. I'd throw in Celestial Convergence and drop Illusionist's Bracers because once you drop Celestial Convergence the player with the highest life total is now going to defend you as best they can and it also puts a target on said player while speeding up the game and making everyone scramble around to try and become the highest life total once its effect triggers.
3 months ago
I personally really like Geralf's Messenger. Also thanks for this, I had not thought of using Celestial Convergence, Sustaining Spirit and Lost Auramancers to combo with Solemnity. I'll have to add those to my own Ayli deck.