|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Each player may search his or her library for up to X basic land cards and put them into play tapped. Then each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it.
New Frontiers Discussion
2 days ago
And if you have the cashmoney pick up a Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle .
1 month ago
Seriously thought, in my playgroup my happy hippo deck almost always places second. Which is pretty neat.
4 months ago
Doesn’t New Frontiers put the lands into play?
4 months ago
toxicliam since the endgame goal of the deck is to get a ton of mana and force players to draw, you can use something like New Frontiers to force each player to draw 14ish cards, and on the same turn cast Windfall to force each player to draw an additional 21ish cards. Essentially it doubles (and more) a lot of mass draw effects. Also, with Reliquary Tower and some other possible additions like Spellbook , we can keep our hand, causing even more draws.
5 months ago
Good point Abzkaban. I think this might be something we build to it's optimum for Ghave... Then it could be Muldrotha's turn down the road.
Here's what I'm thinking with the "Temptations" - there's two reasons why I included them: 1) flavour 2) the value.
But there's some interesting questions to discuss here.
Tha value lays in the fact that they are, I think, considerably cheap for their effects because they have a downside... the opponent gets to search. For example, Settle the Wreckage is pretty wild as a 4 cost instant board wipe for a single person, but that's cause they get to replace every exiled creature with a land - however, with Ob Nixilis out it's less likely people will want to search their library. Same with Assassin's Trophy. And to tap a forest and X mana to get X land? pretty good, except opponents get to get land as well with New Frontiers, unless they don't want to take that 10 damage. But this is where it gets tricky and makes me wonder if the value might not actually be there.
- With New Frontiers, how low a land amount would people not pay 10 life for? I think in the first 3/4 of the game, and depending on life total, opponents would probably be willing to pay 10 life for even just 3 land. But I get 3 land as well, so if we get equal land advantage and all my opponents lose 10 life, I guess that's alright.
- Settle the Wreckage could be too much of a mana advantage in exchange for the loss of 10 life.... It seems best if I use it on my own mass tokens? ohhhhh LANDFALL TRIGGERS!! pretty good in that case (thinking out loud). And I can cast it AFTER they do damage... Or if they are attacking with a couple voltrons... Or exile opponents mass attacking creatures with Aven Mindcensor out. And It's good when it gets to that round where everyone is about to win, soan opponent getting a bunch of tapped land on the battlefield doesn't matter if they are missing out on their big attack and passing the turn.
- Weird Harvest would be pretty ballzy, but then again so is Maralen of the Mornsong, but that's where Aven Mindcensor comes in.
- Ghost Quarter is just a good utility land against those power lands.
- Oath of Lieges didn't even make it into my test-pilot deck
- Path to Exile is just good
- Assassin's Trophy is just good
I do agree that they could go to make room in the deck. Which one do you think would be worth removing? I'd say Weird Harvest perhaps, though I could see it turning out well, especially with the cheats like Elvish Piper and Deathrender in play, the flicker type effects, etc... but perhaps too conditional?
5 months ago
Including Biorhythm and Shaman of Forgotten Ways is brilliant! Not only if I work the landfall token creature control, but as you say - to get everyone else within reach of an Search-kill. So good! Thanks muchly for this - it's the type of simple and small card additions that can bring it all together.
I had Tempt with Discovery on the "Temptations" list—it half inspired the category's title even— but after some thought and seeing the other cards that were similar I decided to remove it. I think people are going to catch on so quickly and so it wont hold the value that the cards New Frontiers or Collective Voyage do. By the time everyone knows what's going on, the two mentioned will be huge value for me either way, while Tempt with Discovery will digress into a 4 cost tutor for 1 land. The only time I'd see it working is if I can cheat out Ob Nixilis, Unshackled on people who haven't played against the deck before.
While City of Solitude would hold back a bunch of the trickery that other cards in this deck want to do, Dragonlord Dromoka and Grand Abolisher could be great potential additions. Grand Abolisher especially. What value!
Thanks so much for the compliment and encouragement of the +1! I appreciate it :)
9 months ago
jordybear2002 Thanks for your suggestions.
I'm not especially fond of symmetrical effects so I'll give New Frontiers a pass.
All the best for your Breya deck too! Enjoy!
9 months ago
Hey! I just wanted to say that this deck looks AMAZING! For some ramp I would suggest New Frontiers, and for a little tutor Fabricate, and then a fun guy in here that I think you could have some fun with would be Experiment Kraj! Happy deck building and may the card draw ever be in your favor!!!
No data for this card yet.