|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Remove all counters from all permanents and remove all tokens from the game.
AEther Snap Discussion
2 weeks ago
In this game, the power level of cards is variable; some cards remain either powerful or weak, but others may change, depending upon other cards that are printed in the future.
Therefore, this thread is for discussing cards that retroactively became more powerful.
The first two cards that I shall mention are Doubling Season and Pithing Needle , which both became much more powerful after planeswalkers became a card type, since they had significant interactions with those cards. Phyrexian Revoker , however, was printed after planeswalkers had become a card type, so it does not qualify for this thread.
The next card that I shall mention is Captain Sisay , who became more powerful after all planeswalkers were changed to be legendary, since she could now search for a planeswalker. The new version of her, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain , does not qualify, since she was printed after planeswalkers had become a creature type.
After planeswalkers became a card type, AEther Snap became more powerful, because it can eliminate them instantly.
What does everyone else say about this? What are some cards that retroactively became more powerful?
2 months ago
Price of Betrayal is not bad at all reminds me of AEther Snap . Now the million dollar question what counters do opponents have poison (not in standard) but you do not want to remove those anyways; it would remove experience counters so you would be like hell yes but that is also not present in standard right now so whats coming that has not been released hum call me intrigued
2 months ago
channelfireball12345 Ya my idea for the Hex was to trade down that the counters at a 1/1+1 instead of the normal 3/1 cost. But AEther Snap is fantastic so it will take the place of Hex Parasite , and I replaced Basilisk Collar with Swiftfoot Boots .
Big thank you for the suggests!
2 months ago
I’d add AEther Snap ; in some scenarios it even nets you some extra value in addition to bringing out marit lage in swift fashion.
2 months ago
This is my spellbook. I tend to find ways and effects that bend the colour pie, as well as some spells I consider "hidden gems"!
3 months ago
According to some, it was stated that Felidar Guardian can flicker herself; though I wanted to be sure myself; after reading the card's ability...
When Felidar Guardian enters the battlefield, you may exile another target permanent you control, then return that card to the battlefield under its owner’s control.
"Another", being the key word. If Felidar Guardian is incapable of Bouncing herself over & over alongside a mass mill engine like Altar of the Brood , I'll be more than happy to remove the combo from there.
The next card I just wanted an opinion on is, sadly, not in that many Superfriends Decks AT ALL. & she's Top-Secret Tech for the Deck archetype as her Second Loyalty ability can be abused for, potentially, Infinite Loyalty Ability use. Yep. It's...
Her Second Loyalty Ability states, & I quote:
-1: Exile another target permanent you own, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
Can't believe there is a ruling about this as well:
Aminatou’s second ability can target any permanent you own, including those another player controls. (2018-07-13)
So why does so few use Aminatou in Superfriends? Just with her Second Loyalty Ability can she bounce Walkers you control w/o the risk that you can't use them again on the same turn.
Since I'll be making a Primer for Superfriends, I'm going to need a list of Anti-Walker Tech to defend such beings from. Obviously The Immortal Sun , AEther Snap are what I can think of. Does anyone know the rest? Don't worry, I'll get to the primer soon enough; although...
Commander / EDH*
11 COMMENTS | 173 VIEWS
As I stated, Animar, Soul of Elements isn't the biggest problem. W/ so many creatures w/ either resistance to having Sacced Permanents Sigarda, Host of Herons , High amounts of Toughness (Anything over, say, 4.), & stuff that is immune to all this deck has to offer. As a result, I wanted for the longest time what (Orzhov)'s biggest enemies really are; as I wanted to resise above deck, & not just make cuts. What would be this deck's biggest opposition as Orzhov Standards be? Now I feel like Orzing (OTL)... I'd like your opinions on these. If the ruling about Aminatou above is true; should it also work for Felidar Guardian ? & what's the biggest opponents against (ORZ)hov, & how to thwart each one? I hope this helps a bit even... Thank you. ^_^
3 months ago
I suspect they'll try to force AEther Snap into the meta.
3 months ago
Both cards have special functions for this deck
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept : There are some very useful artifacts in this deck, it's another way to get them back from the graveyard. The 2/2 body with deathtouch can force an opponent not to attack (you).
- Death Wish : In my playgroup we play with a wishboard. That means, that you have up to 15 cards in exile (like the sideboard). In the current commander rules no wishboard allowed, but as always this is something you have to clear this specific rule with your friedns and opponents before the game. You may change this card with any other of the listed Maybeboard or any other card.
I see that this deck is in a budget view really expensive and I unterstand to switch some cards due budget reasons. To your specific question I recommend the following:
- Intuition This card is hard to replace by a cheaper card, but you may put in some drawing cards like Frantic Search or Fact or Fiction
- Mission Briefing : If you need a recursion you may play Flood of Recollection or Archaeomancer .
- Price of Fame : I like Ashes to Ashes , but any other destroy effect does the same as Price of Fame . I've this card in the deck because it can easy destroy any commander creature and has the "Surveil"-ability.
- Sinister Sabotage : Okay, put in any other counter spell like Forbid
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor : Easy to replace, because this planeswalker card isn't very important. If you really want to play a planeswalker Jace Beleren is a playable option.
- Death Wish : My flexible card, you may switch this one for a card that helps you against specific strategies. For example if many of your opponents play green think of Perish . Or if Token-strategies are common, than AEther Snap is fantastic. Take a look on my listed Maybeboard, I'm sure you may find a reasonable card
- Academy Ruins : You may put a basic land instead of this card, also consider Strip Mine or Cephalid Coliseum
No data for this card yet.