Haze of Pollen
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
Cycling _(, Discard this card: Draw a card.)_
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Haze of Pollen Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, thx for your interest. =D
I like some of your ideas, the deck is more consistent in your version.
dive down > Blossoming Defense =)
basics for duals
But I dont wanna lose Ramunap Hydra (reach + vigilance and in best case 5/5), Haze of Pollen (won me some games when racing) and reaction-controll-stuff like Unquenchable Thirst (because I am bad with open mana for instants. xD)
At first I wanted some flying to be more unblockable, but sometimes even the way through air is blocked, so unblockable may help.
And I added enchantment hate, since I always lost to Authority of the Consuls
3 weeks ago
Hmmm I like it.
Shaper's sanctuary is a very strange pick. I wonder how well it actually works. I opted to go for Costly Plunder for card draw and Supernatural Stamina for evasion and to double the tokens gained from exemplar and channeler when someone tried to kill them (cuz it ETB's again)
and the one of Haze of Pollen is super wierd. Rationale on that?
1 month ago
My pleasure. I like your changes. A few more thoughts:
1) With 14 creatures, I'd get rid of Shapers' Sanctuary. If you're looking for a 1 drop, I'd go with Siren Stormtamer. It also gives you the ability to protect your fish. Alternatively, I'd recommend Blossoming Defense to protect against removal.
2) Also, I would drop Desert of the Mindful and Desert of the Indomitable in favor of the corresponding basic lands. You already have 8 desserts without them, and they slow do your turn since they come into play tapped.
4) I don't think Storm Fleet Aerialist fits well here. Channeler Initiate is your preferred 2 drop, and based on your creature based, you probably won't attack until Champion of Rhonas lands on the field; so raid won't trigger for Storm Fleet Aerialist. I would recommend Vizier of Tumbling Sands (untap Champion of Rhonas after exert); Watertrap Weaver (control/utility); or Siren Lookout (explore trigger to get through your deck).
2 months ago
Rex_JB24 I have actually, that was why my Oketra's Last Mercy was in the sideboard but it rarely worked out for. I was almost tempted to splash green in this bad boy for Haze of Pollen and Nissa, Steward of Elements. It saddens me that there is no good white fog spells in Ixalan. I like your idea, but I'm also trying to plan for the Ixalan rotation. These are really helpful guys, anything else?
2 months ago
Hey there! This looks like a sweet Standard ramp deck! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Naga Vitalist is a great piece of early ramp that can help you cast your late-game creatures (and Nissa).
- Haze of Pollen can probably help you stay alive longer against some of the format's more aggressive decks, and can be cycled away if you don't need it.
- Pull from Tomorrow gets better the more mana you have, and can really help you in the late game.
- Commit may not look strong, but Memory can be critical at refilling your hand and deck, and has the added bonus of disrupting your opponent's graveyard shenanigans.
- Censor is probably the best counterspell in Standard; and I would highly recommend running at least 2.
- While maybe a little expensive $-wise, Nissa, Steward of Elements is probably significantly better than Nissa, Genesis Mage, and is good both in the early game and the late game.
If you're looking for cards to cut, I'd start with Majestic Myriarch (it's good in go-wide strategies, but not really any place else) and Lay Claim (more of a Limited card than anything else). In any case, have fun!
2 months ago
Get rid of Haze of Pollen. Replace it with 4 of something that will help you progress your game plan. Maybe Dark Confidant, although it's expensive and it's dangerous in a deck that runs Liliana, Death Wielder. If Confidant doesn't work, Phyrexian Arena is a usable substitute. Also, this deck needs more removal. Abrupt Decay and Fatal Push are your best options.