|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Havenwood Battleground enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Havenwood Battleground: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Havenwood Battleground Discussion
2 days ago
- Grave Pact
- Hell's Caretaker
- Disciple of Bolas
- Diabolic Tutor
- Uncage the Menagerie
- Oversold Cemetery
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Farhaven Elf
- Deadeye Tracker
- Bane of Progress
- Seasons Past
- Two Forest
- Two Swamp
- Desecrated Tomb
- Open the Graves
- Tainted Strike
- Sylvan Safekeeper
- Turntimber Sower
- Rampaging Baloths
- Ramunap Excavator
- Kodama's Reach
- Havenwood Battleground
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Titania, Protector of Argoth
- Field of Ruin
- Forge of Heroes
More combo options with Gitrog, to pull off wins with recurring Tainted Strike over and over, making massive amounts of tokens with by recurring World Shaper with either Titania or Turntimber Sower or Rampaging Baloths. I am very tempted to make TGM the Commander, but I lack discard outlets and so Meren remains most value for money as commander currently.
3 months ago
Mirrorpool ...clone land?
Natural Order ...(green creature) tutor.
Constant Mists ...fog/sac?
Realms Uncharted ...tutor!
1 year ago
Casey4321 You know me and themes, I dig this one.
Couple of includes (the *'d ones are for especially for her land trigger)
Lotus Vale - I think is a lot better than Scorched Ruins in a mono deck, but I mean if you can, include em both.
You could maybe do more stax effects like Smokestack?
Also Hall of Gemstone :P
h00n on Hydra Deck
1 year ago
I think there are 2 main problems about this deck:
First one is, that your mana base is too slow, cards like Kozilek's Channeler simply aren't worth it (-> why would you pay 5 for a creature which isn't useful for anything but mana?)
The second one is, as I personally think, that you should focus on 1 or 2 different hydras, and not include any you can find, because if you build the deck around 1 or 2 cards, you can focus more on their unique mechanics (i.e. Kalonian Hydra) and therefore have a stronger core.
But I wouldn't complain if I didn't have any suggestions:
- Llanowar Elves are fine, but I doubt that you will ever need more than 4, maybe split them 3/3 with Elvish Mystic.
- Consider ramping cards like Rampant Growth or Cultivate (or Dawntreader Elk but I'll mention it later).
- Maybe Sac-Lands would do (Havenwood Battleground).
- Hardened Scales are basically your best friend in an Hydra deck, because every Hydra gets more counters (yay) and you can play with other +1/+1 counter cards like...
- Burst of Strength, Hunger of the Howlpack (Dawntreader Elk!), or Mutant's Prey, which include utility and removal.
- Consider creatures like Managorger Hydra (cheap hydra that goes nuts with Hardened Scales), Nessian Wilds Ravager (for removal] or Vastwood Hydra.
- Vastwood Hydra works very will with necessary healing spells like Momentous Fall, as you can distribute the counters on other hydras.
- I'd suggest Kalonian Hydra and Primordial Hydra as main damage dealers.
- Fun combos like Karametra's Favor + Gilder Bairn works well with hydras.
- Savage Summoning when playing against blue (sideboard if you want)
I hope I've made some good suggestions on improval
1 year ago
Crucible of Worlds is in now way budget, but it's amazing. THere's a new card in hour of Devastation that's a creature and green but does the same thing :P
Some land suggestions, some better than others:Blighted WoodlandWintermoon MesaCentaur GardenCradle of the AccursedDust BowlEncroaching WastesFoundry of the ConsulsGargoyle CastleGhost QuarterGrasping DunesHaunted FengrafHavenwood BattlegroundHickory Woodlot Petrified Field Spawning Bed Tectonic Edge Terminal MoraineThrone of the High CityTimberland RuinsWarped LandscapeDryad Arbor
Looks like a great deck :D
1 year ago
Nice deck! Got a few ideas from looking at your list here...Ghost Quarter, Archaeological Dig, Crystal Vein, Havenwood Battleground, Ebon Stronghold, Hickory Woodlot, and Peat Bog are all good self sacrificing lands you can use. I have found success with them in my Mazirek deck. I have a very different take on this deck than you, not sure what else to suggest...so I'll leave you with a link to mine. Happy gathering!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 802 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 years ago
2 years ago
Crud, yeah, the Vivids are a lot better, especially with Proliferate.
Frankly, they're kinda better in general, I was probably thinking the Outpost cycle didn't have to tap to sac or something (so more like Havenwood Battleground) and didn't actually pay attention.