|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Uncommon|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Havenwood Battleground enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Havenwood Battleground: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Havenwood Battleground Discussion
6 months ago
Casey4321 You know me and themes, I dig this one.
Couple of includes (the *'d ones are for especially for her land trigger)
Lotus Vale - I think is a lot better than Scorched Ruins in a mono deck, but I mean if you can, include em both.
You could maybe do more stax effects like Smokestack?
Also Hall of Gemstone :P
h00n on Hydra Deck
11 months ago
I think there are 2 main problems about this deck:
First one is, that your mana base is too slow, cards like Kozilek's Channeler simply aren't worth it (-> why would you pay 5 for a creature which isn't useful for anything but mana?)
The second one is, as I personally think, that you should focus on 1 or 2 different hydras, and not include any you can find, because if you build the deck around 1 or 2 cards, you can focus more on their unique mechanics (i.e. Kalonian Hydra) and therefore have a stronger core.
But I wouldn't complain if I didn't have any suggestions:
- Llanowar Elves are fine, but I doubt that you will ever need more than 4, maybe split them 3/3 with Elvish Mystic.
- Consider ramping cards like Rampant Growth or Cultivate (or Dawntreader Elk but I'll mention it later).
- Maybe Sac-Lands would do (Havenwood Battleground).
- Hardened Scales are basically your best friend in an Hydra deck, because every Hydra gets more counters (yay) and you can play with other +1/+1 counter cards like...
- Burst of Strength, Hunger of the Howlpack (Dawntreader Elk!), or Mutant's Prey, which include utility and removal.
- Consider creatures like Managorger Hydra (cheap hydra that goes nuts with Hardened Scales), Nessian Wilds Ravager (for removal] or Vastwood Hydra.
- Vastwood Hydra works very will with necessary healing spells like Momentous Fall, as you can distribute the counters on other hydras.
- I'd suggest Kalonian Hydra and Primordial Hydra as main damage dealers.
- Fun combos like Karametra's Favor + Gilder Bairn works well with hydras.
- Savage Summoning when playing against blue (sideboard if you want)
I hope I've made some good suggestions on improval
11 months ago
Crucible of Worlds is in now way budget, but it's amazing. THere's a new card in hour of Devastation that's a creature and green but does the same thing :P
Some land suggestions, some better than others:Blighted WoodlandWintermoon MesaCentaur GardenCradle of the AccursedDust BowlEncroaching WastesFoundry of the ConsulsGargoyle CastleGhost QuarterGrasping DunesHaunted FengrafHavenwood BattlegroundHickory Woodlot Petrified Field Spawning Bed Tectonic Edge Terminal MoraineThrone of the High CityTimberland RuinsWarped LandscapeDryad Arbor
Looks like a great deck :D
1 year ago
Nice deck! Got a few ideas from looking at your list here...Ghost Quarter, Archaeological Dig, Crystal Vein, Havenwood Battleground, Ebon Stronghold, Hickory Woodlot, and Peat Bog are all good self sacrificing lands you can use. I have found success with them in my Mazirek deck. I have a very different take on this deck than you, not sure what else to suggest...so I'll leave you with a link to mine. Happy gathering!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 802 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 year ago
1 year ago
Crud, yeah, the Vivids are a lot better, especially with Proliferate.
Frankly, they're kinda better in general, I was probably thinking the Outpost cycle didn't have to tap to sac or something (so more like Havenwood Battleground) and didn't actually pay attention.
1 year ago
Non-basic lands you should consider:
2 years ago
Some others ...
- Teferi's Isle
- Lotus Vale
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Not sure if they'll work for what you want, but I love the filter lands (Flooded Grove, Sunken Ruins, Twilight Mire, and Darkwater Catacombs)
- Maybe the sac' lands: Ebon Stronghold, Havenwood Battleground, and Svyelunite Temple.
- Storage lands may be of use too, like Bottomless Vault, Dreadship Reef, Hollow Trees, Rushwood Grove, Sand Silos, Saprazzan Cove, Subterranean Hangar
- If you can use colorless, there's Ancient Tomb (or Ancient Tomb, if budget doesn't matter/you happened to crack an Expedition), City of Shadows, City of Traitors, Crystal Vein, Lake of the Dead, Mage-Ring Network, Scorched Ruins, Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Spawning Bed, and Temple of the False God. And of course Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant, and Urza's Tower.
Edit: I should have refreshed before posting ... sorry for the duplicates others already mentioned!