Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature has lifelink. (Damage dealt by the creature also causes its controller to gain that much life.)
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
3 months ago
Hey Paeldroth sure thing. Sixth Sense gives the ability to the creature, so the creature's controller will draw the card, not the aura's controller. Keen Sense has the draw ability itself (does not give any ability to the enchanted creature), so when a creature enchanted by Keen Sense deals damage to an opponent of the aura's controller, the controller of Keen Sense (not the creature's controller) will draw a card. An important note is that when exchange of control of a creature happens, control of the auras on that creature are not exchanged, so you still control Keen Sense if an opponent controls Tahngarth.
5 months ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
7 months ago
I'd make room for:
- Gelid Shackles (and run all snow plains)
- Bonds of Faith (if it's a human just tutor a different one)
- Compulsory Rest (its fine)
- Crown of Awe (backup)
- Luminous Bonds (pacifism is strong even at 3cmc)
- Revoke Privileges (^)
- Bound in Silence (^^)
- Caught in the Brights (^^^)
.. by taking out:
- Mortal Obstinacy (very meh, even for removal)
- Lifelink (nice but not needed at the most competitive place, which you're going for)
- Empyrial Armor (ethereal armor and some others are enough, just extra)
- Chosen by Heliod (cantrip is not worth tutoring for this meh)
- Armillary Sphere (is only used for colorfixing in decks with lots of colors and no green)
- Apothecary Geist (I understand you need tutor triggers but you've got plenty and this is your worst spirit)
- Shinen of Stars' Light (meh)
- Kami of Ancient Law (meh)
8 months ago
MaStCu Hahaha, Yes! I would love to tell you how the deck plays, that discription isn't too informative :)!
Step 1: Typically, you try to get out Tallowisp asap, but if you don't think it will survive, wait until you can do both Step 1 and 2 at the same time.
Step 3: Cast a Spirit/Arcane spell, search your library for Shield of Duty and Reason . Enchant Tallowisp . Now that that's done, your Tallowisp has protection from everything except white. (Kill white players first because of that)
Step 4: Look around the table, find the most problematic commander. Cast a Spirit/Arcane, search you library for an answer.
Step 5: You can mostly just start making the rest of your opponents boards unable to attack, while finding Ethereal Armor . Keep in mind that if you need a cath all answer, Reprobation & Choking Restraints are your best bets.
You can also tutor up cantripping auras to make your spirits draw you a card, and give protection to your opponents creatures to make other auras fall off.
Hope this helps!
1 year ago
Thanks garruk3! I was thinking about putting in a Serra Avatar as another wincon, but not sure what to cut for it. And it's cmc is so darn high! Lifelink certainly makes sense, especially since I could get it on an Ajani's Pridemate early, but again I really don't know what I'd cut for it. Perhaps I could take out a land or two since the curve is so low, but I'm already on the low side..
1 year ago
1 year ago
It would be annoying to advise huge changes to your deck, so here are a few nice cards that you may or may not know about that could replace some of the cards in your deck:
Lifelink, Fog and Spirit Link are kind of inefficient for commander. You can sort of think of commander as a 3 on 1 game, so you should have cards that do more than just one little thing, even if they cost more mana. Some examples would be Brave the Sands and Teferi's Protection. (Giant Growth is also kinda bad for commander.)
EDH is a much slower format than all the others. Games consistently go on to turn 15 for more casual players. If you run out of gas early, that's a lot more time with no hand than in a 1v1 match. So a lot of commander decks dedicate close to 10 of their cards to card draw and around 10 more for mana ramp. You have some, but I'd recommend adding a little more. Some good mana ramp and card draw cards that generally work with any deck are Rhystic Study, Future Sight Sylvan Library, Skullclamp (though that one might not be so good with your deck), Cultivate, Kodama's Reach,Beast Whisperer, and Selvala, Explorer Returned. A more specialized card draw cards I can think of off the top of my head are Soul's Majesty, Hunter's Insight, and Hunter's Prowess (To put on your unblockables).
Your strategy's cool though! +1 Upvote from me!