Artifact — Vehicle
Crew 4 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Aradara Express Discussion
1 week ago
7 months ago
Sorry this response took so long, just lots of things to respond to, if I don't answer something please point it out so I can do so.
enpc: I totally agree! I've been thinking of expanding past Macar, but I want to finish the Mulligan guide and the Upgrade guide first. I'm especially excited for Mowu, Loyal Companion ! It seems really strong!
TypicalTimmy: I believe I already answered your question, please tell me if I didn't so I can
SynergyBuild: So I've got a few things to answer here. First, the deck is $9.89 at base in NM/M condition on Star City Games, so your claim of $13 on the low end is ridiculous. I specifically say I exclude shipping, lands, and tax. Essentially this whole "fake advertising" point is false, do some research and read the disclaimer before you call someone a liar. To go onto your "advice" as you call it:
1) I know abut your budget folder, hell I love it, but none of the commander decks in it are $10, none of them even claim to be so I'll be keeping the name, thank you kindly!
2) The name attracts players, which furthers the decks goal of spreading to new players
3) You know what? I did design something amazing, 165 Upvotes, 79 Folders, and constant feedback from happy players don't lie. Even if it helped one person, it's amazing and I have multiple instances of proof that it has.
4) This is "The First Good $10 Commander Deck on Tapped Out" Are your decks $10? No. Did I claim this deck is better than them? No. We are operating on two different spectrums and you're claiming we're on the same one, hell the title has gone through changes throughout the decks history when it inspired a $10 deck trend.
To wrap up your first comment, I think it was more a product of salt. Let's talk about the next comment, I like the wrap up! Definitely helps me in writing this response. I agree, that the promise of $10 per deck is not possible so it would have to go to something like $12 to help pay for tax and then buy them in bulk to save on shipping expenses. On the "useful" or "feasible" argument, I would say it is. I've met a lot of players just in my area that want to get into commander but either don't know how or don't have the money, and that's not including conventions and my (multiple) game stores. As for the time consumption, I already have a few volunteers willing to help out/donate a few of the cards to get us started. In the end, your advice had meaning, it just feels like you based it on how offended you were, which hey that's okay, I didn't choose a name like that and not expect lashback.
Boza: That's a really good point! And I think the points on why people would donate are something to look into. I know I've already said it, but this isn't for profit. What would you suggest as some incentives to get people to donate?
1) I completely agree, just like I said in the comment right above, what would you suggest as an incentive to get people to donate?
2) Yes, that is a rather low number, but when I go into college, that number severely increases, I could use the rest of this grade to set up, prepare, and then next year execute the plan. Would you suggest something different (other than not doing the idea)
3) I mean, the purpose of the deck is to control the board and get out big threats in the form of Ulamog's Crusher and Aradara Express , from a lot of reviews (both on and off site) from new players, they tend to love the deck because it's simple. It's also not super linear because you can upgrade it to a full fledged macar deck (which can also be rather diverse).
4) Swamp is the best card? I guess we've just forgotten about Mobile Garrison , Ulamog's Crusher , King Macar, the Gold-Cursed , and Kaya's Ghostform . You should probably look at the decklist before you make a claim like that.
5) I agree that I should diversify the deck choices, I talked about that earlier.
I totally agree that college will open up a lot of opportunities! Thanks so much for the advice, I'll definitely take it into consideration. Finally, with your Talrand point, I absolutely agree! I think the Commander's Quarters just made a $9.95 Talrand deck, it's super cool. That's definitely an option. Thanks again!
FSims81: Appreciate the love! The lgs idea is really interesting and it's certainly something I'll look into. I think that could solve a number of problems outlined in this forum. If I do that, I will have to make more decks, luckily wizards supplies, I suppose. I talked more about this in comment above.
1 year ago
So if I have King Macar, the Gold-Cursed and Aradara Express on the battlefield, can I tap the king to crew the vehicle even if it doesn't pay the full cost (I know the vehicle won't become a creature, just want to know if I can tap the king) I'm not super rules savvy, so if you could explain in layman's terms, it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
1 year ago
Hey, so it looks like you have stuffed the deck with ways to tap down your commander, but you're only untapping during your untap step for the most part, you should look into more untap affects. You have Saddlebags, which works, but I would look to add a few more; Staff of Domination , Umbral Mantle , Thornbite Staff , Thousand-Year Elixir , Paradox Engine , also there's Maze of Ith and Thaumatic Compass Flip. Additionally, if you're going to be tapping and untapping creatures, creatures like Avatar of Woe and Visara the Dreadful , to get more value out of those untap affects. Also, take a look at some of the Crew costs. You are low on creatures, high on Vehicles. You'll always have access to King Macar, the Gold-Cursed , but there's no guarantee you'll have creatures with Power > 2 on the battlefield on in your hand so; Aradara Express , Ballista Charger , Bomat Bazaar Barge , Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Consulate Dreadnought , Demolition Stomper , Fell Flagship , Heart of Kiran , Irontread Crusher , Skysovereign, Consul Flagship , and Weatherlight , all are likely dead cards on the battlefield, unable to be crewed. Also, Magus of the Coffers will be high value as well, generating mass amounts of mana while also being able to untapped by untappers. You also might want to look into adding some more card draw, you have Greed , but perhaps Bloodgift Demon , Pain Seer , and Dark Tutelage are solid options. I know some of my suggestions are expensive, but I'm just trying to help optimize, and efficient untappers are going to be expensive because they're rarer.
1 year ago
Have you considered metalcraft and "when this becomes tapped" effects? Or would that lean too far away from the midrange-y goodstuff goal of this deck.
2 years ago
Reply to Saljen: Those are really excellent suggestions for the build but I had been avoiding using non-colourless creatures to make Ancient Stirrings more effective, so the Saytr is not something I would pick for this, however the Utopia Sprawl and Wild Growth are an interesting idea since I can easily use them to ramp into bigger stuff like Aradara Express in case I really need to big. Also I run into Pyroclasm and Electrickery in my games too often so the soul sisters are not as attractive picks personally. However the deck is super modular and I'm still experimenting with it so thanks for the feedback!
2 years ago
Take out the following artifacts
1x Hedron Blade
1x Prying Blade
1x Urza’s Tome
2 years ago
this is not Pain Train, that deck is Rakdos colors, it's called that because the creatures there actually ping your opponent to death when ever they get tapped.
this is a version of Pain train: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pauper-fbw-rb-pain-train/