|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Miraculous Recovery Discussion
7 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
7 months ago
McToters: Nice idea for it - I was debating on running removal effects, but largely against them since recurring them requires me targeting my own stuff, but that is a nice work around. bonus point - it means Assemble the Legion can pull double duty.
I don't think that Miraculous Recovery or its ilk will work, so that gives me a bit of room for token production.
8 months ago
lil_cheez, I've thrown Miraculous Recovery in to test it. I'm not a fan of Herald of the Host, or the Myriad mechanic generally, because it aggravates all opponents. It makes it difficult to cut deals on who to attack and who to leave alone because it sends an attacked at everyone.
Etoilebane, Heald of War is definitely on theme. I find it a bit too slow though. I like to be able to ramp early into my angels.
Thanks for your feedback!
8 months ago
Lovely deck mate, Aurelia angel tribal is so cool
Suggestions: I know you use Serra Angel for flavor, but what about THREE Serra Angels? Herald of the Host
Defy Death is cool, works on theme
Nobody expects Miraculous Recovery
9 months ago
I saw your video and thought I would check out your decklist. Ive been playing Angel Tribal for quite a while as well, and have a few spicy pieces of tech for you. First up switch out defy death for Miraculous Recovery its stupidly good, especially when you end step a Reya, and no one even knows that its a card so they wont see it coming. Devout Invocation doesnt seem worth it since youve alreayd got angels in play anyway. I really like Angelic Guardian I might have to check that one out. However, Anya is pretty bad I would cut her. I would personally switch out Gratuitous Violence for True Conviction . 1 more mana gets you essentially the same damage plus lifelink. I would add a Steelshaper's Gift or Stoneforge Mystic because Mask of Memory and Sword of the animist are very important with Boros. Anyways those are few quick changes for you, otherwise the deck is looking pretty good. You can check out my list here if you like. BTW wheels with smothering tithe make the deck pretty unfair. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelia-rw-angel-reanimator/
11 months ago
Thanks for the comment hkhssweiss and sorry for the long delayed response. Codex Shredder is an interesting option, but I am not sure I really have room for it right now. Plus I prefer Perpetual Timepiece for the graveyard protection and overall cheaper mana investment.
Faith's Reward is an interesting option that I will need to try out. I actually lost a game the other day because I was forced into casting Hour of Revelation to stop an opponent from winning, but I lost all of my mana rocks in the process and couldn't recover. Plus at 4 cmc vs. a card like Miraculous Recovery at 5 cmc, I can tutor it up with Sunforger.
1 year ago
Zurgo is definitely a fun commander to play, I would recommend going for the aggro/voltron route. Cards that give Zurgo himself double strike or extra combats for set up. Here might be some cards that can be considered: Seize the Day, Sigarda's Aid, Combat Celebrant, Silverblade Paladin, Arashin Foremost, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Temur Battle Rage, World at War, Duelist's Heritage, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Ajani, Caller of the Pride
Cards I would recommend cutting would be: Resolute Archangel, Plaguecrafter, Opaline Unicorn, Howling Golem, Fleshbag Marauder, Miraculous Recovery, Risk Factor, Smelt, Hazoret's Undying Fury, Impale, Mind Rot, Repeating Barrage, Rise from the Grave, Shadow Slice, Walk the Plank, Arcane Encyclopedia...oh man there is actually quite a bit...
The most important thing to see when deck building is what is your main goal of your deck? After that it's how to achieve you goal or gameplan. Than add cards to support your game plan. For your Zurgo deck, I would recommend adding in more cheap ramp, removal spells, card draw, than protection. The cards I suggested earlier should be under $5 at most and should be affordable to get.
Hope that helps and feel free to ask for any advice!
1 year ago
Hey there I saw your post on Reddit. Ive been playing a RW Angel Reanimator for a few years so I have a few suggestions for you.
First up youll want to get more 2 and 3 mana producing mana rocks. Hedron Archive is great. Thran Dynamo is one of the best rocks out there, though a bit pricey. Gilded lotus is a maybe since its very slow. Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum are a must since they can be reanimated since that can be reanimated and so some really silly things with Emeria Shepherd. Also nothing wrong with Sisay's Ring and Burnished Hart since that can be reanimated.
Heres a few more sweet cards worth adding
Altar of Dementia prevents your creatures from getting exiled, and performs double duty of filling up your graveyard more. I was really excited when I found this one, it was a more recent addition to my deck and has performed great.
Miraculous Recovery is also amazing. instant speed reanimation is really powerful. especially when your targets are reya or sunblast.
Memory Jar has amazing syngergy with emeria shepherd, gives card draw and puts things into the GY. Not entirely necessary in black, but it works great for the RW Deck, it is pricey though.
For me the deck performs best when I lay down a board wipe before I start committing a lot of angels. I like Hour of Revelation and Austere Command a lot, but the cheaper mana ones like Toxic Deluge and Day of Judgment are also good. I try to run about 5 board wipes to clear out early game creatures.
Moonlight Bargain also has great potential for draw and putting things into the GY.
Cards I would cut: Luminarch Ascension, Moonsilver Spear, Entreat the angels. They are cool and fun cards, but they are tough to use since they all require a lot of mana. Lightkeeper of Emeria and Angelic Field Marshal don't get me very excited, there are many angels to fill those slots in with so ill let you pick those.
Anyway hope these suggestions help. You can check out my decklist if you like, probably will give you a few additional suggestions.
No data for this card yet.