Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH
|Commander: Rule 0
Mythos of Snapdax
Each player chooses an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker from among nonland permanents they control, then sacrifices the rest. If was spent to cast this spell, you choose the permanents for each player instead.
4 months ago
Azoth2099 I've never tried Moxfield! I pre-emptively imported the deck in there (www.moxfield.com/decks/_LTrrj5RfUKsBLkk0pXm4g) just in case but no idea how to go about co-brewing it :)
For a list of cards I wouldn't really like to part with from playing as I enjoy them quite a lot and always play I made this little list:
- Ancient Gold Dragon
- Ancient Brass Dragon
- Aurelia, the Warleader
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Valkyrie Harbinger Sorceries
- Mythos of Snapdax Instants
- Eerie Interlude Artifacts
- Lightning Greaves
- Quicksilver Amulet
- Swiftfoot Boots Enchantments
- Dragon Tempest
- Land Tax
- Luminarch Ascension
- Phyrexian Arena
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Smothering Tithe
7 months ago
If your budget allows, consider those swaps:
- Terminate -> Soul Shatter (gets around indestructible and hexproof)
- Mortify -> Anguished Unmaking
- Fracture -> Rakdos Charm (good against graveyard, artifact and token decks)
If you're willing to streamline your creatures to be all Samurai, these are some good picks:
1 year ago
Hey everyone, it’s been a while! I’ve been swamped with work. Thanks for the comments! Since the last time I updated this list, I have not seen any new releases which are worth including, but I did add a few honorable mentions to the Maybeboard.
AngelKyleeLin, were you able to build the deck? If so, how do you like it? :) Regarding Isshin, Two Heavens as One, imho there are too few effects in this deck to justify including him. Kaalia’s ability is the obvious target for Isshin, but she is rarely usable more than once per turn, as I need the Angel / Demon / Dragon in my hand to drop it, and I am lucky to have one to drop per turn. Since this deck is more Stax-oriented, I’d rather spend the mana on a stax piece rather than Isshin. I typically only want to attack when I know I am eliminating a player or at least making a near-fatal swing.
How’s it going XinZhao?! Mythos of Snapdax is interesting, it is like Cataclysm without the land-hate. I wouldn’t replace Damn with it because like the cheap targeted removal and option for creature wipe, whereas Mythos doesn’t wipe the entire board of creatures. I suppose it depends on your meta, especially if you feel that Mythos would be a better tool to target lots of Walkers (against something like Superfriends).
Hey Wuzibo, thank you for the great suggestions! I used to run Aurelia, the Warleader, but I don’t run her for the same reason I don’t run Isshin. I can’t take advantage of her with Kaalia and she doesn’t make enough of a board impact alone. But I definitely need to revisit Sunforger and Heartless Hidetsugu. In the past I hesitated to include them due to their relatively high mana costs. Sunforger is a large mana investment and I can’t cheat-in Hidetsugu. But I do like how the latter affects every player and combos with Gisela, Blade of Goldnight for an insta-kill. I’ll have to figure out what to swap for Hidetsugu to test it.
And thank you Nyrmak for the nice comment!!! I’m really glad you enjoy the decks as much as I do! If you have any thoughts or suggestions, I’m happy to hear them :)
1 year ago
@Phule451 Tyrant's Familiar is a bit costly for my taste and he can't point that attack trigger at players. Tragic Arrogance is a good suggestion but Mythos of Snapdax is 1 mana cheaper and in these colors. I'll add it to my maybeboard. Divine Visitation is another card I'll add to my maybeboard, this deck can produce a LOT of tokens. Thanks.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Great theme song! I like the style of what you've built here and would play it as-is right now!
- Breena isn't card draw. It's a good card though. Also your monarch cards count as card draw. ;)
- Faithless Looting would be better if you were running Reanimate or recursion spells. Night's Whisper might be better.
- Mythos of Snapdax is OK but probably hits your own permanents harder than you'd like. Consider Blasphemous Act, Vanquish the Horde, Wrath of God or my latest personal favorite Promise of Loyalty there. Those still hit your creatures too but on an empty board monarch shines.
- Open the Armory is good but Fighter Class was built for Sunforger.
- Everyone has their own preference for win conditions in control decks. Debt to the Deathless, Exsanguinate, Torment of Hailfire, Master of Cruelties, Approach of the Second Sun, and Revel in Riches are all popular. One I found recently that might be interesting is Near-Death Experience. It needs support cards to make it work but they are spicy like Stunning Reversal and Plunge into Darkness. It also pairs with Master of Cruelties and life swap spells. This list is a good example for more ideas is you like that path.
Here is my Queen Marchesa deck with its own theme song (less original than yours). You might like it.
Have fun ruling the battlefield!
2 years ago
Thank you so much! I may be stuck in the past in certain ways because there was a stretch of years when I rarely played, so some of these are fairly new to me. Vindicate is a classic of course, but I forget that it exists. Attrition is awesome, but anything more than $10 is like ... something I don't want to buy impulsively, but I'll definitely add it to my wish list (would be perfect in my Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver deck too).
I think I might have a spare Fumigate in my binder. I'll have to check next time I sit down to tinker with my decks. Because yeah, even though this isn't really a lifegain deck, it would still potentially put me ahead and be a great advantage gaining all that life! Mythos of Snapdax - I need this!
2 years ago
The latest few sets have given us some new options for removal besides your typical Swords or Path. Strixhaven gave us Vanishing Verse and Midnight Hunt gave us Fateful Absence. I can also make a good argument for Fumigate as a board wipe. Considering you would likely gain a lot of life if your board is full of tokens. Vindicate might be sorcery speed but it does destroy any permanent. I run Mythos of Snapdax in my human tribal deck as another partial board wipe. But a card I find helps my human tribal deck and honestly would work well in my vampire deck is Attrition. It doesn't work if your opponents are running black but it is constant removal if they aren't.